Gustakh Dil

The curious case of Naani!!

varshitap thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Hi ! Friends ,
           This is my second post dedicated to the superfluous Naani!! I cant help it!! She's such a darling!!  πŸ˜‰ I think she can be named trouble shooter!!πŸ˜› She is a woman who has her heart and brain in the right place.πŸ‘ As I have seen her, she is crispy outside and soft and loving inside( I know we are not discussing food!πŸ˜† but the analogy seems perfect with respect to her!!πŸ˜‰)

Her case is curious , as her character has had a great transition!!  We have all shared a Love- Hate  relationship with her character!!  and every time she has surprised us!! 
 She worked as a co- conspirator with Barkha and company and later on has been working as an undercover agent ( If I may call her so!!) to help Nikhil and now Laajo. Why did she have a change of heart?!! is a big question!
   Well, according to me, it has everything to do with Nikhil ( more than Barkha). She loves Nikhil more than Barkha and has been a mother figure for him as he has been deprived of mother's love since childhood.

Initially Naani felt  Nikhil's marriage with Laajo was just a hindrance for his relationship with Ishaana whom he presumed to be in Love with. Moreover Naani's second love, her high society  status could not accept Laajo. So Naani tried in her own soft ways to get rid of Laajo  but when it did not work she went on an offensive with Barkha and company to push Laajo out of Nikhil's life. She knew that Laajo loved Nikhil and that would be a stumbling block if Nikhil gets to know of it, as Nikhil lived in guilt since childhood and this would only compound his guilt!! However she respected Laajo for her selflessness and honesty and thought of her to be a good person in the wrong place!!🀒
   Naani was the first person to sense that Nikhil indeed loves Laajo but finding it difficult to accept it!!  We all had discussion around that time that Nikhil may confess his love for Laajo with Gunja or Chachu or Ishaana or to himself!! but we all missed out on Naani!! I think her prevailing on Nikhil to open himself up by explaining  about Love, its path , its pain and its fulfillment opened up a new dimension of her character which we had never seen before!! A high society woman, who cares more for her designer sarees and makeup can be so much wise to know so much about Love made me look at her character with awe !! If not for her Nikhil would still be in confusion and we would have Confused Dil !! instead of Gustakh Dil!!πŸ˜†

She is a woman who respects integrity, love and honesty, so she stood by Nikhil even when it meant she had to go against her daughter Barkha!!  At the same time she was humane not to leave her daughters side as she knows her daughter has some psychological issues. Her wisdom has made her balance relationships and also fight against injustice in a covert manner. So even now when Laajo is in deep trouble due to Barkha and Rathri , we all felt that Sagar would be the savior, but we were wrong and it is Naani all the way!! 
    So people, I love Naani for her antics , mannerisms ( though sometimes they go out of control!! like relaxation therapies and colour therapy!!πŸ˜†), wisdom and last but not the least her ability to surprise us!!πŸ˜› I think we have underestimated her abilities most of the time!!πŸ˜• 
 What do you people feel? Waiting for your comments...

P.S: I have left out some points like Nani's  guessing abilities, her relationship with her D-in-law,
Ayesha etc. you people can complete it!! ( I can  go on and on ,on her...but then it will make this post one sided!!)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kazimierz thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
As I get to love Nani❀️ after the Nikhil and Laajo back together, cause we noted that she had heart changed as soon as noted that Nikhil loves Laajo.  As we know Nani has lot of shades one thing I love about her is she is a loyal friend and if she sees wrong thing happen to good people that she loves like Nikhil and Laajo she'll give a helping hand.  Nani she is always has ability to surprises us πŸ‘ who knew Nani will be great detective and solve Laajo's problemsπŸ‘πŸΌ, because she sees unjustice from her own daughter barkha and ratri what they doing to poor Laajo.  Nani took manners to her own hand loved her and Nani's character is amazing and always looking forward anything she brings to us specially when she is an action.  You got to love Nani❀️ no matter what she does she'll make us even love her moreπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ.  
sami01 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
i have always been fan of nani 's deep character but wil reply in detail tomorrow varsha due to too much work .. πŸ˜‰
nice post re
ASH_99 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hey Varsha, Right post.. Nani is the character tin this show which has grown much more than any other.

We had some episodes where nani and barkha planning to get rid of Lajjo initially. but she is a wise women to accpet it later on. But Barkha OMG she still going the same direction. And crossing all the limits.
May be her painting stuff has really taken all the negativity and frustration out of her.  πŸ˜‰
varshitap thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: ZulekhaLLaKhil

As I get to love Nani❀️ after the Nikhil and Laajo back together, cause we noted that she had heart changed as soon as noted that Nikhil loves Laajo.  As we know Nani has lot of shades one thing I love about her is she is a loyal friend and if she sees wrong thing happen to good people that she loves like Nikhil and Laajo she'll give a helping hand.  Nani she is always has ability to surprises us πŸ‘ who knew Nani will be great detective and solve Laajo's problemsπŸ‘πŸΌ, because she sees unjustice from her own daughter barkha and ratri what they doing to poor Laajo.  Nani took manners to her own hand loved her and Nani's character is amazing and always looking forward anything she brings to us specially when she is an action.  You got to love Nani❀️ no matter what she does she'll make us even love her moreπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ.  

Thanks Zulekha,  Me too Love Naani❀️ She loves Nikhil and will do anything to bring Nikhil and Laajo together. She is full of surprises...and that's what makes her lovable!!πŸ˜‰
varshitap thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: sami01

i have always been fan of nani 's deep character but wil reply in detail tomorrow varsha due to too much work .. πŸ˜‰
nice post re

Thanks Sami, take your own time... Yeah Nani's Character is deep and has so many unusual layers...She's a fashion fanatic, intelligent woman, softhearted grandma, tantrum queenπŸ˜† and an avid observer...Can we have so many qualities in one woman?!!πŸ˜‰ Now she is the character whose charm has won many viewers for the show it seems!!πŸ˜›  I thought I will have many comments to answer.. but the forum is so silent...where are all the friends?!!  Don't they like the charming Nani?!!   😲  Waiting for your take on Nani...😊
Take careπŸ€—
varshitap thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: ASH_99

Hey Varsha, Right post.. Nani is the character tin this show which has grown much more than any other.

We had some episodes where nani and barkha planning to get rid of Lajjo initially. but she is a wise women to accpet it later on. But Barkha OMG she still going the same direction. And crossing all the limits.
May be her painting stuff has really taken all the negativity and frustration out of her.  πŸ˜‰

Thanks Ash, yeah ...that's why I call her sweet and spicy Nani!!πŸ˜† She is full on entertainment, entertainment and entertainment...God! I am getting so filmy!!πŸ˜†  Nani is a grounded, wise woman and knows how to react to tricky situations. Her deep respect for honesty, integrity and love has made her accept her mistakes and also apologize for the actions of her son and daughter. That makes her a great human being. On a lighter note, yes the relaxation therapies and paintings have taken away the negativity!!...whom should we thank ...her Guruji?!!πŸ˜† or Meera for enduring her?!!πŸ˜† And Barkha...don't expect her to see the light in the near future...she is on a self destruct mode!!😑.  Poor Nani...had to change loyalties!!πŸ˜›
varshitap thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Tulasi14

Varshita great post!πŸ‘πŸΌ

Thanks Tulasi,...I thought you will write something...what happened?!!πŸ˜•
Tulasi14 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: varshitap

Thanks Tulasi,...I thought you will write something...what happened?!!πŸ˜•

yesterday was a hectic day yaar! I will try to dayπŸ˜‰
sami01 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
me too will reply soon varsha in detail..nani was amazing today...too good...