Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sabhayata thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: Cotswolds

Here is where I have to disagree. Lot of people do not eat nonveg during ganesha festival or on ekadashi.. That does not qualify them to be vegetarian. All we can say is that they are strictly on vegetable staple for that period.

i am confused what are you disagreeing with when did i say anything about some one being a vegetarian sorry confused 😕

regarding daanveer for me he is because of his these two acts which are enough for me .But if someone doesn't think so that is fine as well to each his own
Edited by Sabhayata - 9 years ago
Cotswolds thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Sabhayata, I too believe shalya was a great warrior but we are debating what he said about him..his overhype like a PR person. He tends to do that.
Also please note that when krishna recounted karna sins, karna hung his head in shame.
Sabhayata thumbnail

I am trying to be consistent and following CE and it only narrates his sin in dyuta. So I am not talking of bheema poisoning at all. But please note that As per CE, drau never rejected karna by calling him sutputra.

Now coming back to krishna praise.. It is proved that krishna does go overboard in his praise so if we can discount his shalya statement so can be his karna statement discounted.
Varaali and smrth have given very logical explanation which makes both statements consistent. 

But in your case, it leads to inconsistency, something you dont like.

You want to believe his praise to karna but reject his praise to shalya.  

so if he can go overboard in praises he can go overborad in criticism as well right

he criticizes karna at other points as well like when he says that karna laughed at abhimanyu's death where as actual incident doesn't state that

so this can be taken as krishns ji going overboard in his criticism just to motivate arjuna hence not to be taken  at face value
Sabhayata thumbnail

Sabhayata, I too believe shalya was a great warrior but we are debating what he said about him..his overhype like a PR person. He tends to do that.

Also please note that when krishna recounted karna sins, karna hung his head in shame.

Bold how does that matter

I am not saying karna was sinless definately he made mistakes which krishna ji recounted at end

like i said i believe in the sins that krishna ji recounted but then i also believe in the praises

i dont believe in things that suit me and not in those that don't suit me
Cotswolds thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sabhayata

i am confused what are you disagreeing with when did i say anything about some one being a vegetarian sorry confused 😕

regarding daanveer for me he is because of his these two acts which are enough for me .But if someone doesn't think so that is fine as well to each his own

Vegetarian example was a simile to draw parallels to Karna. 
KK daan and kunti promise occurred in that period when he vowed not to refuse anyone anything as per KMG.  Looks like his danveer tag is based solely on those events.

Danveer tag is a person's nature.. His inherent generosity to help to anyone without any expectations.. This is not meant to be an act simply out of duty.

TheWatcher thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
[Quote=Cotswolds]I am trying to be consistent and following CE and it only narrates his sin in dyuta. So I am not talking of bheema poisoning at all. But please note that As per CE, drau never rejected karna by calling him sutputra.

Now coming back to krishna praise.. It is proved that krishna does go overboard in his praise so if we can discount his shalya statement so can be his karna statement discounted.
Varaali and smrth have given very logical explanation which makes both statements consistent. 

But in your case, it leads to inconsistency, something you dont like.

You want to believe his praise to karna but reject his praise to shalya.  
[/QUOTE]

I believe in Karna's praise because he did put up a fight to support the praise, Shalya on the other hand did not.  Had Karna died against Arjuna without putting up a fight - I wouldn't have cared for that statement.

We can also discount Krishna's sin count since he only did that to infuriate Arjuna, Krishna may have added a few more sins just like he over-praised Karna.

Edited by TheWatcher - 9 years ago
TheWatcher thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Edited - Double post
Edited by TheWatcher - 9 years ago
Sabhayata thumbnail

Vegetarian example was a simile to draw parallels to Karna. 
KK daan and kunti promise occurred in that period when he vowed not to refuse anyone anything as per KMG.  Looks like his danveer tag is based solely on those events.

Danveer tag is a person's nature.. His inherent generosity to help to anyone without any expectations.. This is not meant to be an act simply out of duty.

ok now i understood

like i said that is your opinion and i respect it

but i don't think like this

for me he daanveer because of the two kinds of things he gave in daan he gave away his life and victory in daan which is why he daanveer for me.

Its not like he gave way normal things like wealth and all to indra he gave away a part of his body and victory and to kunti the life of 4 of his enemies cum brother's that too without asking that is why he is daanveer

i dont think these acts can be compared to someone eating vegetables or not

like i said to each their own you dont think he is daanveer if he took the vow its fine but for me he is

so we can agree to disagree
Cotswolds thumbnail

Originally posted by: TheWatcher

I believe in Karna's praise because he did put up a fight to support the praise, Shalya on the other hand did not.  Had Karna died against Arjuna without putting up a fight - I wouldn't have cared for that statement.

We can also discount Krishna's sin count since he only did that to infuriate Arjuna, Krishna may have added a few more sins just like he over-praised Karna.

But TheWatcher.. Hearing all those sins.. Karna hung his head in shame. He did not try to refute nor was he upset due to krishna's blatant lie. This goes on to prove krishna words were true.

So you also agree here that Krishna does have a tendency to over praise or heap unworthy praise.. That is precisely the point of other members.. 
Edited by Cotswolds - 9 years ago
Cotswolds thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sabhayata

like i said that is your opinion and i respect it

but i don't think like this

for me he daanveer because of the two kinds of things he gave in daan he gave away his life and victory in daan which is why he daanveer for me.

Its not like he gave way normal things like wealth and all to indra he gave away a part of his body and victory and to kunti the life of 4 of his enemies cum brother's that too without asking that is why he is daanveer

i dont think these acts can be compared to someone eating vegetables or not

like i said to each their own you dont think he is daanveer if he took the vow its fine but for me he is

so we can agree to disagree

Thanks Sabhayata.. He is a great character no doubt.. His promise from krishna not to reveal his identity is a supreme act of dharma and generosity..👏