Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

AzureLicht

Goldie

AzureLicht

Posted: 03 July 2014 at 11:37pm | IP Logged

This night is sparkling, don't you let it go. 
I'm wonderstruck, blushing all the way home.               I'll spend forever, wondering if you knew, I was Enchanted to meet you. 
                                                                                                      - Enchanted, Taylor Swift

The boy standing at the cliff looked lonely.

Although he had his back to her, she could tell. She had wandered off despite her parents strict warnings, since she had nothing else to do. Her parents were busy talking to, and laughing with other people. They were 'Socializing.' She was proud to have remembered the term her teacher had taught her the day before.

She went and stood by him, so he wouldn't have to be lonely all by himself.

She thought he would talk to her, ask her about something - anything - but he didn't. He kept looking at the city below them, with a melancholy smile on his face.  She didn't want to talk first either, she kept glancing at him through the corner of her eye.

She ended up being the one who broke the silence.

"What are you looking at?" she asked, finally turning to look at him, curiosity evident in her face. He turned towards her then, finally, but his face still held the same detached look. The expression felt too old for someone so young. And yet, she found herself wanting to know the reasons behind the thoughtfulness in his eyes.

He smiled then, at her, for her and said, "I don't know." She looked at the boy with wide, disbelieving eyes. "You can't look at something and not know what you are seeing!" she declared. "You have to be looking at something!"

He looked amused rather than annoyed by the girl constantly pestering him with questions, and demanding of his answers. "I'm looking at everything then, I suppose. Too many things to put into words." He very conveniently left out the part about how he couldn't phrase exactly what he was feeling and thinking. He hated admitting that there were things he could not do.

She turned back to the glittering sea of lights that stretched beneath them. "Don't you feel lonely? You were standing here all alone, weren't you?" she asked. "I was." he told her. "But now you are here." She smiled proudly. "I snuck away from my parents, you know." she told him, like it was a everyday conversational topic.

He laughed. "So did I." She raised her eyebrows, "Because you were getting bored?" she asked him. She liked the idea of having another thing in common with this strange boy. His face fell. "Because they were fighting."

She put her hand on top of his, and gave him a soft smile. "My parents fight too, sometimes." she told him. "It'll be okay, because they love each other." He still looked dejected, "Really?" he asked.

She frowned. Did he not believe her? "Of course!" she told him. "I know everything, you know. I'm at the top of my class!" Pride was practically radiating off her, and annoyance off him. "So am I." he told her. He would like it better if she kept to asking questions and turned to him for answers. He liked being wanted.

She grinned, and so did he. For the moment, it was just them, looking at each other and smiling. All innocence and hopes. The moment shattered when the sky was lit up with what looked like a star exploding, right in front of their eyes. It painted their faces green and gold.

"They started the fireworks this early?" she asked of no one, looking at the sky in wonder. He looked at his watch and blinked. "It's midnight!" he told her. Apparently, he had taken to answering all the questions she would ask. "The year's over."

She looked at him, marveling at the happiness that had erupted in her heart. She leaned forward and pressed a soft kiss on his cheek, laughing when he flushed red. "Happy New Year!" she told him, and started running away, towards her parents, heading back to reality.

"What's your name?" he called out after her and she turned, just long enough for him to catch the smile flitting across her face. "Sanyukta!" she yelled at him. "I'm Randhir!" he yelled right back. "Don't forget about me!" she told him, already far enough that her voice was faint despite the fact that she was yelling.

"I won't!" he called back. 

"I won't either." she whispered to herself softly.

On getting back to her parents, Sanyukta was severely scolded and she had to promise them several times, that she would not run away by herself again before they finally let it go. But she did not mind having run away all alone at all, for she had met someone she knew she would always remember.

For even when the world was falling apart around her, she had her memories to hold on to.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

.scarlet.richa1792-CrazyNiru-Ale_TaaReyshweta2728bookworm-ALS--

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "One Shot: Once upon a Time" in Writers Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

AzureLicht

Goldie

AzureLicht

Posted: 03 July 2014 at 11:38pm | IP Logged

A/N: I've written this story with the characters from Sadda Haq in mind, as also I've posted it on the SHQ forum. But it doesn't follow the original story line in any way, so I posted it here as well. 

Edited by AzureLicht - 03 July 2014 at 11:33pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Ale_TaaRey

shweta2728

IF-Dazzler

shweta2728

Posted: 10 July 2014 at 8:58am | IP Logged
Wow this was so cute and magical! I loved it!

AzureLicht

Goldie

AzureLicht

Posted: 11 July 2014 at 4:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shweta2728

Wow this was so cute and magical! I loved it!

Thank you :)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

shweta2728

bookworm-ALS--

IF-Stunnerz

bookworm-ALS--

Posted: 13 July 2014 at 12:12am | IP Logged
Aww-wieee. Loved it

AzureLicht

Goldie

AzureLicht

Posted: 13 July 2014 at 12:48am | IP Logged