Things I liked: 19th June

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Lovely episode today as well...especially in terms of the equation developing between Nikumb-Yamini...extreme circumstances gave them a chance to understand each other better.

1) The riots...seem like they were shot in both actual Lucknow locations/galis as well as on a set...all in all good execution I must say...especially the bit when Nikumb-Yamini are faced with a band of rioters right in front of them and Nikumb has to take a u-turn on his scooter and race out of there...the panic was well executed.

2) Yamini and Nikumb both helping each other out in that scuffle with random gundas...Nikumb standing up for Yamini and Yamini throwing mud into the eyes of one of the guys to protect Nikumb

3) The bits when they hide inside that shop to escape the rioters...most notably the bit where a poem plays out/develops in Nikumb's mind as he watches Yamini...just beautiful, BEAUTIFUL lines from Mr. Neelesh Misra yet again...the poetry in this show just FLOORS me so much

"Aaj fursat se yun mile ho tum
Thoda kam ajnabi lage ho tum

Aaj dekha tumhari aakhon mein kitne maasoom khwaab palte hain
Toh phir in hoton ki munderon par lafz kyun sehme sehme chalte hain?

Lafz kyun qaid hain, inhein aazaad karo
sehme panchhi hain yeh, machalte hain
inko udna hai aasmaanon mein, muthhiyon mein kahaan sambhalte hain?

Aao baaton ki neend tum so lo
kitni khamoshi mein jage ho tum

Aaj fursat se yun mile ho tum
Thoda kam ajnabi se lage ho tum"

Every line is a GEM...I can't gush enough๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘...so indicative of how Nikumb views her, the perceptiveness in him, how he notices how repressed and caged she is and he so wants her to open up, to TALK...she makes that instinct arise in him to want to understand her despite all the other ways in which he judges her...ahh the heart of an artist and a poet...

I love the metaphors used in these lines...equating words to caged birds who are yearning to fly...who are not meant to be caged in tight fists...and I love the "aao baaton ki neend so lo,  kitni khamoshi mein jage ho tum" line...SO lovely..."Come sleep a sleep of words, you've spent so long living in silence"...what a brilliant play on words...the paradox of sleeping with words and lying awake in silence...it's so hard to do justice to in English translation๐Ÿ˜†

4) Then Mr. Misra again making an appearance via a story on the radio...triggering a memory of Yamini's about her grandfather...the only memory she has of him...that he found her when she was lost as a child...

5) Nikumb yet again making a fumbling attempt to say sorry๐Ÿ˜†...and then as always failing and changing it to a "thank you" instead to thank her for throwing mud in the eyes of that guy and saving him๐Ÿ˜†...

I liked how naturally the bonding happened b/w them today...Nikumb making his usual dry, sarcastic or self-deprecating comments...his sense of humor is awesome๐Ÿ˜†..."Yeh scooter bhi meri tarhaan hi hai...jo log achhe nahin lagte, unhein giraa deta hai"๐Ÿ˜†...and then later on reminding Yamini about the time she broke his phone...and his line about the network..."kahaan jaayega, aa hi jaayega"๐Ÿ˜†

6) The bit where Yamini tries to stop him from running out all mad to save his precious scooter...nicely executed moment...Nikumb always gets carried away when it comes to things that have emotional attachment for him...but it was interesting to see how he snapped out of it when Yamini happened to fall back after he pushed her...and then the way Yamini reassured him that she's fine if only he'd LISTEN๐Ÿ˜†

Precap seems to indicate that Yamini's father has taken an instant dislike to any other man daring to be close to Yamini or trying to protect her...this guy's control issues are something else...deffo foresee more clashes b/w him and Nikumb on every point...

Edited by AreYaar - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Lakham25 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I really loved todays episode .:)
KhatamKahani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Heart of an artist/poet indeed. This show has so many little gems, and that scene/poem is one prime example. 

Precap. What an ass and control freak Raghvendra is. Instead of relief on seeing his daughter safe and sound, he is fixated on the slight physical contact between his daughter and the guy who's trying to ensure his daughter is safe. Really, Raghvendra outdoes himself each time. I thought I couldn't get more peeved at him after Wednesday's episode when I realized Yamini didn't have a phone. I can only hope we will see Yamini find a voice and break free of his clutches. 
Edited by KhatamKahani - 9 years ago
bright_star89 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
First of all, thank you for posting the poem... it is just beyond brilliant!! 
It was a lovely episode, and there was progression in nikumbh yamini's story so to say...๐Ÿ˜Š
I loved the way they played out the riot scenes, very natural...The tension of the moment ... and how they both stood for each other helping... Yamini smartly saving him from the goons by throwing dust on one of the goons... Felt like , ladki mein dam hai! Thank god , there was no prolonged eyelocks and terrible bg music ๐Ÿ˜†

The whole part of them inside the garage was the highlight of the epi... nikumbh slowly discovering the common girl behind STAR yamini! and the poem is so so good!hats off! 

Then the phone call part... how he asked her to call and tell that she is trapped with a 'badtameez' ladka!๐Ÿ˜† and sarcastically reminding her of breaking the phone..

Precap!๐Ÿ˜ก the father is just too much!  He doesn't even allow her a phone!๐Ÿ˜ฒ and doesn't seem like yamini will speak  aword in front of dad... 
loveleen12 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Awesome evaluation. About the precap, I was sort of trying to figure out why Raghuvendra was mad about. I looked at all of the different options like maybe a typical conservative father type of thing or maybe the fact that Yamini was careless or what you said. He is kind of obsessive by default.
poetic thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: KhatamKahani

Heart of an artist/poet indeed. This show has so many little gems, and that scene/poem is one prime example. 

Precap. What an ass and control freak Raghvendra is. Instead of relief on seeing his daughter safe and sound, he is fixated on the slight physical contact between his daughter and the guy who's trying to ensure his daughter is safe. Really, Raghvendra outdoes himself each time. I thought I couldn't get more peeved at him after Wednesday's episode when I realized Yamini didn't have a phone. I can only hope we will see Yamini find a voice and break free of his clutches. 

@ Bold - That is what is weaving my interest and liking for the Show. It is pretty artistic, till date.

I just hope they maintain this aura ...

And such impactful characters 

And oh ... BTW, I loved the radio ๐Ÿ˜›
Edited by poetic - 9 years ago
rishani77 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I really enjoy reading ur posts.๐Ÿ˜‰

I just loved yesterday's episode, we had lot of Yamini-Nikumbh scenes & it was really nice 2 them talking 2 each other nicely, Yamini opening up 2 Nikumbh after hearing Neelesh Misr'as story on radio was really nice. ๐Ÿ˜Š
And the poem, the way Nikumbh was looking at Yamini, it was beautiful! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
Nikumbh made her smile with his sense of humor, oh god he ended up saying "thank u" instead of "sorry". LOL
I really liked how he was concerned when he actually hurt her bcoz of his emotions & on the other hand she was also concern bout him as she is trying 2 protect him 2 not to go outside as it's dangerous. 
Most importantly, as u said with that incident, they started 2 understand more each other. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Coming 2 the precap, I hope Yamini's dad won't create troubles 4 the play & Nikumbh 4 now...coz it's obvious that later he won't like Nikmubh-Yaminiwhen they'll be together.
Edited by Rishani7 - 9 years ago
ShellJA thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Anu, so happy to see you here.  When I saw some of  your earlier post I was really hoping that you will start your "things I liked " posts.  I have seen them on different shows before and loved them.  Your insight makes me enjoy the episode once again and make me see things i completely missed.
Thank you hope to see them regularly.
Edited by Shell16 - 9 years ago
Dolly-heart thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Superb Analysis of the episode.

The poetry I agree in this show is beautiful.

Great way for Nikumbh and Yamini to understand each other.  

I am hoping Nikumbh will not take Raghuvendra's bullying him quietly.

No doubt that Raghu is going to dislike anyone that comes close to his daughter as she has not yet given him his dream of reaching stardom.

Looking forward to more of your wonderful posts.
AreYaar thumbnail
Thank you for the lovely responses, everyone!

I'm sorry I couldn't get back to reply to the posts before...had a very busy weekend...yet to watch Friday's epi as well...lol