Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Which Actress ruled Bollywood for the Longest period of time (UPDATED) (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 17

Saraa.

IF-Sizzlerz

Saraa.

Posted: 18 June 2014 at 1:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by beboholic

^ I don't know Sara. They have their own way of calculating things..but I trust them they seem reliable. 
So who was no. 1 in 2012? Vidya or PC. 

Vidya had Kahaani and PC had Barfi. Both perf were well liked. But I feel like Vidya might be no. 1 since Kahaani was a heroine oriented role even though PC gave the better performance. PC's role was more challenging. 

2013 is obv Deepika's year so she's no. 1. 
Katrina? ETT biggest blockbuster of the year and JTHJ which was a hit. Similarly I think bebo is num 1 actress of 2011 but I might be wrong. 

Among PCee and vidya, it should be priyanka. Her performance in barfi was Outstanding. I don't think vidya performance was even half as good as priyanka performance was. She was the star of barfi 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.khoobsurat.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Which Actress ruled Bollywood for the Longest period of time (UPDATED) (Page 7)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

blue-ice

IF-Stunnerz

blue-ice

Posted: 18 June 2014 at 1:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sonalak

rekha.she is the best.BOI is stupid.

LOL LOL It definitely isLOL

Saraa.

chocolover89

IF-Sizzlerz

chocolover89

Posted: 18 June 2014 at 1:54pm | IP Logged
2012 is also Vidya's year. Kahaani + National Award. Priyanka made a comeback with Barfi. She was otherwise done and dusted. 
Katrina had the bigger hits but just like 2013 got eclipsed by others when it came to being a talking point. Anyways JTHJ only harmed her. 

Edited by chocolover89 - 18 June 2014 at 1:51pm

briahna

IF-Rockerz

briahna

Posted: 18 June 2014 at 1:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by atominis

Hema Malini ruled the longest and had most hits for any heroine.
Second was surprisingly Mala Sinha who had string of hits with leading stars both in B and W and colour era.

The analysis with stats was there on a website 6 years ago.

Will try and look for the article and post it here.

I think Katrina is close in all time best box office records for actresses.

mala sinha was a nobody. at least in my book.
talk about popular and ruling, vijaytantimala, asha parekh (tho i can't stand her ghamandi face) had good innings.
asha parekh had some of the biggest hits. another popular one was sharmial and mumu..mumtaz.

ILoveDrama

Goldie

ILoveDrama

Posted: 18 June 2014 at 1:57pm | IP Logged
Thank god for a change we are discussing which actress was ruling... Finally a much needed ChangeBig smile

chocolover89

atominis

IF-Sizzlerz

atominis

Posted: 18 June 2014 at 2:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Oye_Chup_Kar

Originally posted by GundayVedant

I checked the list..

You didn't include Preity which apparently has ruled for 3 years..

And no Sridevi isnt number 1 Heroine ever or first superstar... Its

HEMA MALINI - 11 YEARS in industry as No.1 heroine

1972 -1979 and 1981-1983

Oops yeah i forgotten to put Preity's name!! I'll include her now. Thanks!

But i said ''SINCE 80S'' Sridevi ruled. As back in Hema's time ..she was the only Top actress along with Rekha. The rest like Zeenat-Reena had a lagging career ..and Mumtaz, Vyjayantimala stopped doing movies then. So i don't count Hema, but Sri because when she came the competition was very strong with many powerful newcomers..

Absolutely bogus to allege Hema had no competition! Shocked

Sharmila Tagore, Asha Parekh, Parveen Babi, Zeenat Amaan, Mumtaz, Neetu Singh, Rekha, Shabana, Jaya Bhaduri - the list goes on! She had immense competition.

It is Sridevi who had weakest competition. Who cares about Meenakshi or Jayaprada or other nymphets like Anita Raj, Farha etc.? They had no relevance. And others like Smita Patil were total non commercial. 

Hema had competition in every form - talented actresses,  simpletons, sex symbols - you name it! But she killed it all to emerge the best.

I do not like this trend of underestimating achievements of past stars to prove newer lot better. Confused Sorry.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

CarrotCakeSaraa.

briahna

IF-Rockerz

briahna

Posted: 18 June 2014 at 2:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chocolover89

2012 is also Vidya's year. Kahaani + National Award. Priyanka made a comeback with Barfi. She was otherwise done and dusted. 
Katrina had the bigger hits but just like 2013 got eclipsed by others when it came to being a talking point. Anyways JTHJ only harmed her. 

vidya was the game changer. she totally smoked all those who were flying high with khans.
aap samjh rahi main kya kehna chahti hoon nah, choco.

chocolover89

atominis

IF-Sizzlerz

atominis

Posted: 18 June 2014 at 2:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by briahna

Originally posted by atominis

Hema Malini ruled the longest and had most hits for any heroine.
Second was surprisingly Mala Sinha who had string of hits with leading stars both in B and W and colour era.

The analysis with stats was there on a website 6 years ago.

Will try and look for the article and post it here.

I think Katrina is close in all time best box office records for actresses.

mala sinha was a nobody. at least in my book.
talk about popular and ruling, vijaytantimala, asha parekh (tho i can't stand her ghamandi face) had good innings.
asha parekh had some of the biggest hits. another popular one was sharmial and mumu..mumtaz.

I am talking purely from BO POV. Mala Sinha has most hits after Hema Malini. I know she is not as iconic as others and I myself was surprised to read about her record.

CarrotCake

Post Reply New Post

Go to top