Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Which Actress ruled Bollywood for the Longest period of time (UPDATED) (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 17

.khoobsurat.

IF-Sizzlerz

.khoobsurat.

Posted: 18 June 2014 at 1:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by desicrowd

I don't think No 1 at the time was just about delivering hits, it was about box office pull and how much every director actor wanted to work with you...
No one after Hema, Sri, and Madhuri has enjoyed that status...

think it also has to do with which actress gets paid more..on top of the stuff you mentioned 

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Which Actress ruled Bollywood for the Longest period of time (UPDATED) (Page 6)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Saraa.

IF-Sizzlerz

Saraa.

Posted: 18 June 2014 at 1:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by beboholic

chocolover- Kareena wasn't criticized for her acting..because she was good in Bodyguard. She was criticized for doing masala films. But your right..Vidya  was no. 1 in 2011. I edited my first comment because I thought boxoffice India went with the biggest hit..but in 2007 Kareena was no. 1 for JWM but JWM was not the biggest hit. So..my bad..your right Vidya was no. 1 in 2011. 
For Kajol and Maduri..boxiffice India put Maduri on the no. 1 spot I don't know which film did better. But it seems like DDLJ did do better..I guess maybe because Raja was with a not so popular hero and DDLJ had Srk..who knows why Maduri was no. 1. Maybe Maduri was paid more or talked about more for Raja. 
Srk wasn't superstar back then. Kajol was num 1 heroine of 1995. I am not sure if karishma was num 1 or not in 1999 because aish had Taal and HDDCS that year 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.khoobsurat.

.khoobsurat.

IF-Sizzlerz

.khoobsurat.

Posted: 18 June 2014 at 1:42pm | IP Logged
According to boxoffice India yes lolo was no. 1 in 1999 Sara. 

Saraa.

Saraa.

IF-Sizzlerz

Saraa.

Posted: 18 June 2014 at 1:44pm | IP Logged

According to boxoffice India yes lolo was no. 1 in 1999 Sara. 
Ohh that's good because she had four back to back hits but still I don't trust BO when it comes to actors and actresses ranking. I mean why would they put madz as num 1 heroine of 1995 when kajol clearly was num 1. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-koiza-.khoobsurat.

.khoobsurat.

IF-Sizzlerz

.khoobsurat.

Posted: 18 June 2014 at 1:46pm | IP Logged
^ I don't know Sara. They have their own way of calculating things..but I trust them they seem reliable. 
So who was no. 1 in 2012? Vidya or PC. 

Vidya had Kahaani and PC had Barfi. Both perf were well liked. But I feel like Vidya might be no. 1 since Kahaani was a heroine oriented role even though PC gave the better performance. PC's role was more challenging. 

2013 is obv Deepika's year so she's no. 1. 

Edited by beboholic - 18 June 2014 at 1:43pm

Saraa.

briahna

IF-Rockerz

briahna

Posted: 18 June 2014 at 1:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by desicrowd

I don't think No 1 at the time was just about delivering hits, it was about box office pull and how much every director actor wanted to work with you...
No one after Hema, Sri, and Madhuri has enjoyed that status...

well said dear. i would also add kat. yes she had akki and khans to deliver, but lets not forget her new york with no brands johnny and niel, and woody imran and new kid zafar MDKD. both were hits without khans and akki.

gotta give her some credits. todays time it is indeed katty who enjoyed good run.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

CarrotCakeMeherbaanOye_Chup_Karsunflower52.khoobsurat.Saraa.

atominis

IF-Sizzlerz

atominis

Posted: 18 June 2014 at 1:50pm | IP Logged
Hema Malini ruled the longest and had most hits for any heroine.
Second was surprisingly Mala Sinha who had string of hits with leading stars both in B and W and colour era.

The analysis with stats was there on a website 6 years ago.

Will try and look for the article and post it here.

I think Katrina is close in all time best box office records for actresses.

chocolover89

IF-Sizzlerz

chocolover89

Posted: 18 June 2014 at 1:50pm | IP Logged

DDLJ did do better than Raja..link below..don't know why Boxoffice India put Maduri fist. 
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Bollywood_films_of_1995
DDLJ is one of the highest grossing of the decade, so it obviously did better than Raja. Karan Arjun also did extremely well. 1995 is Kajol's year. SRK wasn't a big star before DDLJ either. 

Maybe because of remuneration they put Madhuri first. I wouldn't know. They don't always make sense. 

Post Reply New Post

Go to top