Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Which Actress ruled Bollywood for the Longest period of time (UPDATED) (Page 10)

.khoobsurat. IF-Sizzlerz
.khoobsurat.
.khoobsurat.

Posted: 18 June 2014 at 2:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by briahna

Originally posted by beboholic

So PC is the only top actress who was never no. 1. Even during fashion and Dostana. Stern Smile

pls don't celebrate that pc is lagging behind. pls don't.

when was I celebrating? lol I was just asking a question. Because I think she should have been no. 1 during Fashion and Dostana days. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Saraa.

Meherbaan IF-Rockerz
Meherbaan
Meherbaan

Posted: 18 June 2014 at 2:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by cpatel90

Please don't insult Hema Malini, Rekha, Sri or Madhuri by putting Katrina in the similar bracket. Kareena, Priyanka or even Deepika have better career  than her. She is part of successful films while others have given hits on their own.

It should be more like:

Please smell the coffee and don't insult yourself with making baseless comments.

"Katrina hasn't given hits on her own"Silly

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

light_yearsunflower52.khoobsurat.

.khoobsurat. IF-Sizzlerz
.khoobsurat.
.khoobsurat.

Posted: 18 June 2014 at 2:48pm | IP Logged
lol if Katrina hasn't given hits on her own..I don't know who did. 

light_yearsunflower52Meherbaan

Meherbaan IF-Rockerz
Meherbaan
Meherbaan

Posted: 18 June 2014 at 2:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by beboholic

lol if Katrina hasn't given hits on her own..I don't know who did. 

IKR

I mean what people think about her acting is another thing.

but to go ahead and say she hasn't given hits on her own like Priyanka, Deepika and Kareena has is blasphemy.

light_yearsunflower52.khoobsurat.

atominis IF-Sizzlerz
atominis
atominis

Posted: 18 June 2014 at 3:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Elixir.

Wow didnt know Hema Malini ruled for so long.Top actress for 11 or 12 odd years.

Hema's popularity can be gauged from reactions of our parents' generation!LOL Hers is the first name that comes to mind as the heroine "jo bahut chali thi".

She had those classical Indian beauty looks...resembling portraits of goddesses. No wonder she still plays Durga in her dance recitals often till date.

She's worked with and given hits with every actor worth his salt from those decades. If you watch 70s,80s films you can see Hema's face on calendars and posters even in films where she has not starred. She managed to get strong roles in make dominated films and women oriented films like Seeta aur Geeta. Did very well in artsy films like Kinara, Meerabai. 

I've read her face was everywhere. Sari shops, beauty parlours, tea shops...

She had that true blue celeb status with all leading men swooning for her...Jeetendra, Dharmendra, Sanjeev Kumar...

She is the only actress who was getting ads in late 80s/early 90s despite no longer being in her prime in those years.

I believe she has played great role in expanding role of female star with her ventures as dancer, politician, activist, editor of women's magazines, producer, director etc.

I saw an interview on TV once, in a special on Hema Malini. Some film journalist was recalling how Amitabh had said - heroine is fighting, horse riding, arguing with villain...toh hamara kya kaam hai...sab kuch toh yehi kar rahi hai - while working with Hema in a movie. That was to illustrate how she played strong roles and had substantial to do despite presence of biggest male stars in her films. It was a compliment to her stature.

One can argue on her personal life. But not on her career. She ruled!

I admire her for not exposing much and not being too explicit onscreen. 

I believe she changed paradigm of typical Hindi film heroine. It was no longer just about oppressed women or pretty daddy's girls or village belles. This was one woman who knew her mind whether she was tangewali, queen, lawyer, nurse, housewife! Equally innocent, equally prone to getting angry. 

I find it funny when others win top female star polls. Generation gap at play here.

Hema and Rekha are my first favorite heroines ever since I watched their old movies on Doordarshan! 

briahna.Elixir.GundayVedant

Shaitan-Haiwan IF-Rockerz
Shaitan-Haiwan
Shaitan-Haiwan

Posted: 18 June 2014 at 3:09pm | IP Logged
That is list is clearly wrong, everyone knows that Ash/Rani/Kajol have been number 1 more than just one-year.

2000 and 2002- were Aishwarya's years. Aishwarya's peak was from 2003-2007.

Rani's time was from 2003-2006... From Chalte Chalte to KANK.

Actually Rani/Preity/Ash/Kareena all ruled in the 2000-2010 period (and Kajol occasionally) Rani and Preity peaked until 2006, and Ash until 2010, and Kareena until 2012 I guess,  they were alternating positions for many years.

Vidya from 2010-2012, Katrina peaked at 2009-current, and Deepika 2013-current.

Kajol was number1 in 1996, 1999, 2001, and 2006 for sure...and maybe 2010 if you count all the awards she won for MNIKLOL

In my eyes they all have had the similar amount of time being on top.

Edited by Shaitan-Haiwan - 18 June 2014 at 3:06pm

Fazzi.khoobsurat.Saraa.

Nishita123 IF-Stunnerz
Nishita123
Nishita123

Posted: 18 June 2014 at 3:12pm | IP Logged
Kissa kursi ka...LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ILoveDramaNimbuMirchi

ILoveDrama IF-Dazzler
ILoveDrama
ILoveDrama

Posted: 18 June 2014 at 8:17pm | IP Logged
Come on peeps only 10 pages, if this would have been about actors/khans, then we would have been at 50 to 60 pages by nowLOL

Go to top