Page 1 of 6

Page 1
Page   of 6
Page 2 Page 6

GundayVedant

IF-Sizzlerz

GundayVedant

Posted: 18 June 2014 at 12:47am | IP Logged
hile Preity claims that her friends are standing by her, actor Vidya Balan praises Preity for her bravery, and stresses on the importance of speaking up in such situations. 

What do you have to say about Preity's recently registered case?
I don't know the exact context of the case, so what can I say? I remember she had once filed a lawsuit against a publication [for defamation], so Preity has always stood up for her rights, and that is great. I don't know how one can support her, except if you're someone close to her. 

Do you think she's done the right thing by coming out in the open? 
To each his own... If she felt it was the right thing to do, then it is the right thing. But full marks to Preity for having the courage [to register the complaint]. Why should anyone keep quiet if they want to speak up about it, or if they want to go to the police? Everyone should have the right to do it. 

Would you say it's a scary time to be a woman in India, especially with many rapes being reported?
It is extremely angering and scary. Somewhere, you do feel insecure, because you think to yourself, Oh God, that could have been any one of us.' But the good thing is that, thanks to the media, we are aware of this menace. As a result, when such things do happen, a number of families who would otherwise not speak up about these ssues are no longer afraid to approach the police. 

Is there a solution, according to you?
Very strong measures " laws need to be in place to stop people from attempting such crimes in the first place. They should tremble at the thought itself, thinking, Agar pakde gaye, toh mar jayange (If we're caught, we're dead).' Apart from this, you can't do anything else. 

READ: COPS ASK PREITY TO RECORD HER STATEMENT

Though you always have strong security arrangements around you, as a woman, how do you feel when you hear about rape cases in the country?
It's scary as a woman but, of course, I live in a very secure environment. But I worry for those girls who work till late in the night. When I think of my friends, or girls who go to college, or schools, or have regular jobs, I get scared . I think they are unsafe even during the day. I wish I could do something to protect them. 

How do you think women can be empowered?
I think we should tell women that they have a right to their own lives, and to lead it the way they want to. Every woman should be taught to value herself and that comes from knowing you can say no' when you don't want to do a certain thing. - See more at: http://www.hindustantimes.com/entertainment/tabloid/preity-zinta-has-always-stood-for-her-rights-and-that-s-great-vidya-balan/article1-1230636.aspx#sthash.09wmG5hv.dpuf

The following 43 member(s) liked the above post:

Zzabigirlie_gigglesrealitytvfanx-Sarah-xAppleCider-Swetha-rimi10rose-girlcoolfireCarrotCakeChandu2000bramcote46-Inferno--Rambler-loveyoupreetoxoxsusanxoxILoveDrama.Serendipity.-Mmmmm-noor321calmnessChelseaForEverAadatSeMajboorOye_Chup_KarKulfiBai-Nakshatra-_Darling_poeticSmritiKathaMithuunkapoor01The.Patthaaka.Nishita123desicrowd-sylph-atominisFreshDaisyMallika-E-BhaisHumsafar.chimchimcher-eeHotMessChillMaarYaarRockChicGirl

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Full marks to Preity Zinta for having the courage: Vidya Balan" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

chocolover89

IF-Sizzlerz

chocolover89

Posted: 18 June 2014 at 1:00am | IP Logged
I love her :) 

The following 25 member(s) liked the above post:

girlie_gigglesAppleCiderx-Sarah-x-Swetha-Chandu2000loveyoupreetorose-girlILoveDrama-Inferno-Oye_Chup_KarILovePremnoor321SmritiKathapoeticMithuu-Sweetzo.Tuhi--Nakshatra-KulfiBaiMallika-E-Bhaisoblivious.-sylph-ilovedhanjanirdnikitagmcdesicrowdRockChicGirl

Mallika-E-Bhais

IF-Sizzlerz

Mallika-E-Bhais

Posted: 18 June 2014 at 1:03am | IP Logged
The only one who makes sense in all this hullabaloo. Smile
I love Balan. Embarrassed

The following 28 member(s) liked the above post:

girlie_gigglesrealitytvfanx-Sarah-xmeera27AppleCider-Inferno-Chandu2000loveyoupreetoILoveDramarimi10AadatSeMajbooraddictedloveOye_Chup_Karnoor321SmritiKathapoeticMithuuKulfiBai-Sweetzo.Tuhi--Nakshatra-oblivious.-sylph-atominisHumsafar.ilovedhanjanirddesicrowdThe.Patthaaka.RockChicGirl

SmritiKatha

IF-Rockerz

SmritiKatha

Posted: 18 June 2014 at 1:05am | IP Logged
I love her too ,She is someone who has her head and heart at the right places ..Bravo Vidya for saying this..These MCP khans will never support anyone without their own self interest 

Edited by SmritiKatha - 18 June 2014 at 2:58am

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

girlie_gigglesAppleCiderx-Sarah-x-Inferno-CarrotCakeMithuupoetic-Sweetzo.Tuhi-chimchimcher-eedesicrowdilovedhanjanird

nikitagmc

IF-Sizzlerz

nikitagmc

Posted: 18 June 2014 at 1:11am | IP Logged
Full marks to you as well, Vidya!

The following 18 member(s) liked the above post:

girlie_gigglesAppleCiderx-Sarah-xChandu2000-Inferno-loveyoupreetoAadatSeMajboorOye_Chup_KarKulfiBai-Nakshatra-poeticMithuudesicrowdilovedhanjanirdMallika-E-Bhaisoblivious.Humsafar.RockChicGirl

movie4life

IF-Dazzler

movie4life

Posted: 18 June 2014 at 1:18am | IP Logged
great interview vidya
thanks for supporting preity

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

girlie_gigglesx-Sarah-xCarrotCakepoeticoblivious.desicrowdilovedhanjanird

Zzabi

Zzabi

Posted: 18 June 2014 at 1:23am | IP Logged
Glad Vidya said something. She is lucky because she is the wife of SRK so can say things without feeling a backlash like other actresses would. 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

girlie_gigglesx-Sarah-xChandu2000noor321Humsafar.Mallika-E-Bhais

F.M.D.

F.M.D.

Posted: 18 June 2014 at 1:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Zzabi

Glad Vidya said something. She is lucky because she is the wife of SRK so can say things without feeling a backlash like other actresses would. 

backlash from who?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ilovedhanjanird

Post Reply New Post

Go to top