Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Preity Zinta, Ness Wadia to go for out-of-court settlement

blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago

Preity Zinta, Ness Wadia to go for out-of-court settlement (see pics)

India TV Entertainment Desk [ Updated 17 Jun 2014, 21:31:20 ]
Preity Zinta, Ness Wadia to go for out-of-court settlement (see pics)
FONT SIZE

Mumbai: Bollywood actress Preity Zinta who was crying foul about how her ex-flame Ness Wadia harrasssed and molested her might go for a out-of-court settlement.

Preity Zinta's lawyer has apparently made some statements in the media, which suggest that Preity and Ness may mutually settle the case without making more fuss in the media.

Ness Wadia, ex-beau of actress Preity Zinta and co-partner in IPL team Kings XI Punjab was booked under sexual molestation charges. Bollywood actress Preity Zinta's filed an FIR for alleged molestation charge against her ex-boyfriend and business partner, industrialist Ness Wadia on Saturday.

The Wadia scion, however, said the charges were "baseless" and he was "shocked at the complaint".

The first information report (FIR) was lodged on the basis of a detailed written compliant handed over at the Marine Lines police station by Zinta late Thursday.

Police started calling witnesses over the issue and will also the scan CCTV footage of the alleged incident which took place May 30 in Mumbai during an Indian Premier League (IPL) match.

http://www.indiatvnews.com/entertainment/bollywood/preity-zinta-molestation-case-latest-updates-15057.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ooolalala thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
So she's going for out of court settlement! And people expected Shahrukh Salman to interfere and well good that they didn't. 
Thanks for sharing, best of luck to preity 
-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
The Wadias sources are defending Ness by saying that it was an ex-lovers tiff and there may be a physical fight, but there was no outrage of modesty (section 354) and that way they can get the case dismissed and will lead to settlement between the two parties.   Efforts are being made to withdraw Preity's complains 

Unfortunately in India, physical abuse and harassment is not taken seriously... Main reason why abuse and crime against women are so rampant. 

No wonder the rich and the famous get away and the atrocities on women continue.  Sad reality.

Preity atleast was brave enough to take on the high and the mighty and voice the abuses and harassment she went thru. That is commendable. 

Preity is a celebrity... She has money, power... Choice and means to lead her life the way she wants, make decisions the way she wants.

But my heart goes out to thousands of women who are battered everyday but have no voice.  No choice, No means to voice their distress. 
Edited by -Mmmmm- - 9 years ago
blue-ice. thumbnail
Originally posted by: Saraa.

So she's going for out of court settlement! And people expected Shahrukh Salman to interfere and well good that they didn't. 

Thanks for sharing, best of luck to preity 

I am hoping that this will go in court and not be an out of court settlement...It will be a BAD EXAMPLE for all the rich brats out there...who think they can do anything because they have money...If she wanted to settle out of court ...she shouldn't have filed the complaint at all...🥱
Yankees thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
She should have dragged his ass in court. Very disappointed. 
fire_gun thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: blue-ice

I am hoping that this will go in court and not be an out of court settlement...It will be a BAD EXAMPLE for all the rich brats out there...who think they can do anything because they have money...If she wanted to settle out of court ...she shouldn't have filed the complaint at all...🥱

many poor people also file case not for justice just for money..its abt making choice..same time long process of court takes out patience so everybody wants to settle it if it is possible
Ooolalala thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Well yeah if he abused her and that kid then he should get his punishment! She filed the complaint now she needs to fight for herself. Like you said if she wanted out of court settlement then she should not had filed the complaint. But if she indeed is going for out of court settlement then good for her. 

Edited by Saraa. - 9 years ago
blue-ice. thumbnail
Originally posted by: fire_gun

many poor people also file case not for justice just for money..its abt making choice..same time long process of court takes out patience so everybody wants to settle it if it is possible

settle it for what Anshul?? If Preity didn't want Ness's behind in jail...then what did she want?? I know that she is not doing this for money ...I would understand if someone not well off would do it...but its confusing that why would she settle it out of court...She thought it over for 3 weeks before filing the complaint and its not as if she did not know the wadias and what their reaction would be...she has been with ness for 5 years...she knows what these people are capable of...and then why would she make a complaint if she didn't want ness rotting in jail for this😕
ViccoTurmeric thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

And what would have happened, had she gone to court...

Case would have dragged for 12-15 years and something and then??

Her career, her life, would have been on verge of destruction.

I might sound stupid, but I am saying with practical point of view. People might say its great if she had gone to court, but would it benefit her in anyway?Everyone is selfish and she has right to be one, rather than thinking emotionally... she is thinking practically and thats why out of court settlement
Edited by GundayVedant - 9 years ago
blue-ice. thumbnail
Originally posted by: GundayVedant

And what would have happened, had she gone to court...

Case would have dragged for 12-15 years and something and then??

Her career, her life, would have been on verge of destruction.

I might sound stupid, but I am saying with practical point of view. People might say its great if she had gone to court, but would it benefit her in anyway. Everyone is selfish and she has right to be one, rather than thinking emotionally... she is thinking practically and thats why out of court settlement

And u think she didn't know all this before filing that complaint??She took 3 weeks to file this complaint ...do u think that no one advised her and she has been with Ness for 5 years...do u think she didn't know what they can do...Come on Vedu Bhaiya...u know...she knew all this...u don't think she is that stupid...do ya?? 

Can anyone still blame the people who will now speculate that she did it for money or whatever??