Posted: 17 June 2014 at 1:27pm | IP Logged
RATING:All ages

COLOR CODE:
Narration
Dialogue
Thoughts

SS: Life After You[PROLOGUE]

"Maaa!!!"

Arnav woke up with a shock. Beads of sweat forming a sheen of moisture on his forehead, some trickling along his sideburns and moving towards his stubbled jaw.

His harsh, deep breathing caused a further discomfort to his parched throat and he swallowed hard. It was the same nightmare all over again, his mothers death!

Yet this time, there was a terrible feeling at the pit of his stomach. Even though he was awake, fear still rushed through his veins. He felt like he was going to be losing something, a huge part of himself!

He couldn't decipher exactly what the feeling meant, but he was sure that it was enough to tear him apart!

He got to his feet and ventured towards the bathroom, only to stop right in his tracks.

His sight immediately shifted to the vacant bed on which Khushi slept on just a while ago. What lay there now was only just a pillow thrown over a carelessly sprawled blanket.

"Khushi..." He whispered, scanning the room for any trace of her.

Worry overtook him and he slipped on his sandals to go and look for her, but then an uncomfortable memory of Khushi in Shyams arms on the terrace flashed through his mind.

Anger rushed through his veins as thoughts of her running off with his scumbag jeejaji suddenly clouded his head. At that moment, every other rational explanation flew out the window.

He felt disgusted, cheated and hurt...not just for his Di, but for the fact that he once loved that 'characterless' woman.

She had coaxed him into believing that there was something between the two of them. She played with his emotions by putting up a facade of an innocent, 'virtuous' girl!

Feelings of disgust engulfed him in a suffocating vacuum. In desperate need of fresh air, he strode to the poolside with a clenched fist and full-blown ASR anger intact.

He remembered all the times he had actually wanted to believe that she was innocent, that everything was just a huge misunderstanding...

He wanted to believe his heart, but that horrible memory would come back and he would again realize what a back-stabbing cheat she really was.

He looked up with renewed vigour, with the determination to destroy anybody who came in the way of his Di's life.

Yet to his surprise, a short distance away just near the staircase, stood Khushi...

Shock registered in his brain as he studied the slim figure just a few feet ahead of him. Yes, it was indeed Khushi...she hadn't run away!

Relief washed over his being, running through his body in pleasant shivers .He closed his eyes, taking in a deep breath and felt the anger gradually ebb away.

Finding no reason to remain outside, he turned to leave... but just then he heard her voice and looked back at her just to make sure it wasn't his imagination.

Her back was facing him yet she was perfectly audible, It seemed she was on the phone with someone and the manner in which she fisted her dupatta at her sides made it clear that she was nervous...maybe even scared!

Arnav moved a little closer. Now he could hear not only Khushi clearly, but what was being said on the other side of the phone as well.

"Khushi, how are you" A soft voice emanated from the phone.

"I'm...I'm okay...but Dr Mehra, you...at this time...Is everything okay?" Khushi sounded a bit shaky.

Arnav furrowed his brows in confusion. The thought of a doctor phoning Khushi at this time was, for some reason,utterly disturbing.

"Khushi ,I'm sorry for calling you at this odd time but its really urgent...I really need to have an appointment with you tommorow!..."

"Tomorrow?"
Khushi gasped

Arnavs nails dug into his palm as feelings of fear spiralled wildly within him.

"Khushi, I think I'm going to have to do some blood tests."

Another powerful gush of worry and restlessness flooded Arnav's veins and he heard her reply in a somewhat afraid tone.

"What.. blood tests?...but why Dr Mehra?... I mean, I've already had so many of them done...and that too recently...you remember, it was just last month...then?.."

"That's exactly why I need to see you urgently khushi...I've been looking through your files and at your test results too...considering your symptoms, I'm really not pleased ...I NEED to see you tomorrow...I'll let you know at what time...just make sure you come okay?"

Arnav's heart began beating at an insanely fast rate.

"Okay Dr Mehra...I...I'll be there" Khushi answered in a broken voice

"Take care of yourself" he heard the warm voice of what sounded like a middle-aged woman before the faint beep marked the end of the phone call.

He ran his fingers through his hair in frustration. He needed to know what was happening and he needed to know NOW!!!

"Was Khushi sick?...Was she going to be okay?...Why didn't she say anything dammit?" Millions of questions ran through his head, yet he had answers to none of them.

Once again, that familiar feeling spread throughout his body like a wildfire. He was losing something...a huge part of himself...and that feeling was definitely tearing him apart!

To Be Continued...

Disclaimer
The above story is a work of fiction based on TV serial "Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon". I do not own any of the characters but the story belongs to me and I will not tolerate plagiarism.

UPDATES:
Readers who want to be updated, kindly buddy me and I will PM whenever I updateSmile

RESPONSE:
I don't usually ask for comments but since this is my first ever ongoing story, I really need feedback before I update again, silent readers please leave behind even just a word to let me know if you like the storyEmbarrassed

Scroll Down for index of chapters:)

Edited by Honeybee27 - 14 July 2014 at 6:06am

The following 115 member(s) liked the above post:

kk10teessahopalongkirthana22navyaMurthy01Shubimanir4h1m4vlvarasprichanduarshisanumganuRita27HufflepuffManyaRathoresyrinasugandhbhawnaperveen12sangeethbalalostintheashesAlyssa_Zayaos112801day_lilyArchu61Armelalatha72arhiformecutie13varshamaharajshalinikanaguLoveRPtitanichomelesspreciouspearlytokyokamtokdincrazyjigataangelVCsandystarz19Shikhayugal_Oorja_First_Lightitsme92Serene77zar-baraAplihsArilipmaria29angelappy19KajalkajulechuarshiUarnkhuizebalikshubhangisweetlifezainy26tparvaizsayari_sanki99ifsaal044Sonaparam29barbiebalampuhanNi_singhneverbeforevandana73henamanipari_goyalhira2050kirti123Shru9tizariya123jessjazzP4rveen12Swaran13-Nilusarita_barunswpnazoobie-doobiezayana123ravalisharma06A.HajnalForthislifeonlyrisha8Aisha1996Javeria3991nano123RafaheliChampacajisaArshifan4lifepiaviviandsenabewakoofLadkilara3110zafiHaRul-loverspoorthifffan123Nidsubh007Akorshimandy15tinselsarunholic_arhipsaradaNaz_nisarpup03RizArshi..Divya..-Roshini-Happytwinkleranogill..Sugar_ArHi..honey-sweetynanorchavvi16EasternViolet.Arshi.Sugi.IPK

Honeybee27 Goldie
Honeybee27
Honeybee27

Posted: 17 June 2014 at 1:28pm | IP Logged

INDEX

Prologue: Above

Chapter 1

Chapter 2A

Chapter 2B

Chapter 3

To be continued...

Edited by Honeybee27 - 06 July 2014 at 1:29pm

The following 26 member(s) liked the above post:

sunshaeysangeethbalaArmelaAlyssa_ZayaLIONHEARTabivicky86Nkayanikshubhangizebalitparvaizsarita_barun-NilupiyaarshijosnirmalaA.Hajnalpari_goyallara3110shiv456risha8Aisha1996Happytwinkleranogillpup03honey-sweetyNaz_nisartinsel

Aisha1996 IF-Rockerz
Aisha1996
Aisha1996

Posted: 17 June 2014 at 1:49pm | IP Logged
Interesting prologue
What has happened To khushi
Looking forward to read more
Pls continue it soon :)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Honeybee27

Javeria3991 IF-Rockerz
Javeria3991
Javeria3991

Posted: 17 June 2014 at 1:49pm | IP Logged
OMG what a start.Clap Clap
So this story is free from kidnapping track and Arnav is still living the terrace misunderstanding. 
Is khushi ill? I hope she isn't suffering from a disease which is incurable.
I am looking forward to read this story, contract marraige track in my favorite.
Eagerly waiting for the chapter 1

Honeybee27

RizArshi IF-Sizzlerz
RizArshi
RizArshi

Posted: 17 June 2014 at 2:03pm | IP Logged
Interesting prologue. Contract marriage of Arnav and Khushi is my all time favourite plot when it comes to fanfictions. I would love to read your take on it. But before continuing I want two reassurances from you:
  1. Neither Khushi nor Arnav will die.
  2. There will be a happy ending.
You may say these are my weaknesses but I can't read any story with a sad ending or the one where any of them dies. I know I am asking for too much but I cant help it. Hope you don't mind Embarrassed

Thanks for the scrap. I have full faith in you as a writer. I am sure you'll do justice to the story.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Honeybee27sarita_barunbewakoofLadkiChampacaJaveria3991psaradachavvi16

chavvi16 IF-Stunnerz
chavvi16
chavvi16

Posted: 17 June 2014 at 2:09pm | IP Logged
i agree with the above reader
if they will die then very sad i will be
hope they dont die
or i wont be able to read further
due to crying of course
wow what was that
first his nightmare about his mother
now it seems about khushi
whats gonna happen
the title is scary to say the least
lets see then whats ailing khushi
hope it isnt too serious
cheers for pm

Edited by chavvi16 - 17 June 2014 at 2:06pm

Honeybee27

pup03 IF-Sizzlerz
pup03
pup03

Posted: 17 June 2014 at 2:38pm | IP Logged
interesting prologue... what have happened to khushi??? hope she is fine and nothing severe.. arnav heard everything.. hope he too follows khushi and will try to find out what happened to Khushi?? loved the prologue.. do continue soon.. best wishes and happy writing Big smile

thanks for pm Smile

Honeybee27

Honeybee27 Goldie
Honeybee27
Honeybee27

Posted: 17 June 2014 at 2:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Aisha1996

Interesting prologue
What has happened To khushi
Looking forward to read more
Pls continue it soon :)
Thanks...Well about Khushi, I guess you would have to read to find out :p...I'm glad you like the prologue and I hope to post chapter 1 soonSmile

Go to top