Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Tap tap tappang: Tap thread #9 (Page 78)

LeadNitrate IF-Veteran Member
LeadNitrate
LeadNitrate

Posted: 22 August 2014 at 10:37am | IP Logged
But Genie, the holier than thou or rather big daddy mentality of USA has been there for a long time, I would say ever since second WW. Its only lately, as EU is coming gradually as a strong force and with its  own economic problems, USA is loosening up a bit. We all know the sanctions against India post Pokhran blast and also the complete non cooperation rather visible support to certain neighbour state during the 1971 crisis.
However I dont really blame america. if we dig a bit into history, it has been a tradition always. 
charminggenie IF-Sizzlerz
charminggenie
charminggenie

Posted: 22 August 2014 at 12:59pm | IP Logged
@T - Thats their foreign policy and I  respect that. They have as much right as anyone else to pick their allies and strategies. 
What gets me is the social commentary on the internal conflicts of other nations. US made statements on Chinese ethnic clashes, yet it won't tolerate scrutiny over its own racism . Other examples- not just the government , but general public would sneer down about the Sunni-Shia conflict or India's casteism but won't acknowledge the crippling racism in their governance system. If racism is a complex issue in US then so are other ethnic conflicts in various other countries where US offers unsolicited advice/intervention.

ISIS was like many other terror groups was supported and encouraged by US on grounds of ethnic differences. By that logic would US tolerate external intervention for solving ethnic clashes in Ferguson?

Agree that it has some sort of US tradition but now their social experiments like Al Qaeda , ISIS have exposed the flaws in US strategy. 

Edited by charminggenie - 22 August 2014 at 1:01pm
hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 23 August 2014 at 7:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by charminggenie

@D - Hope the work life is treating you well. Read the news it was so depressing. I have heard SouthHall is full of immigrants who live in a very shabby condition. 
@Vinzy -  When a country makes a huge deal about making a President because of his skin color- nothing screams more racist then that. 

WWE is so boring these days. I miss attitude Era.

I don't get Imran Khan at all. 

CG!HugHow are you? Apart from feeling like I have very little social life right now, it's going well. 

I was at the o2 a few weeks back and all of a sudden saw hundreds of Sardarjis out of nowhere. Later found out it was for the Kabaddi League and Akshay Kumar was performing. I don't visit Southall too often (there's never any place to park!) but it has a very large Punjabi community, but as of the last 5-10 years, there's been a huge influx of Somali immigrants. You know the area is desi when even the McDonald's busts out Bollywood music.LOL

@bold: Me neither. I'm obviously missing something here. What happened that triggered IK and Tahir-ul-Qadri to start these protests? One thing is for sure, they have huge support from the youth, but the elections proved that was never going to be enough.

I'm a week late but FOOTBALL SEASON IS FINALLY BACK!!Dancingeven if it did spell out bad news for my team!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

charminggenie

charminggenie IF-Sizzlerz
charminggenie
charminggenie

Posted: 23 August 2014 at 9:15am | IP Logged
awww D!! Perils of working in the city. This shall pass or atleast you would forget what life outside work really is LOL
I haven't been to SouthHall in all my years here, even though I am a Punjabi but damn heard that place is like Chandni Chowk . I hear they have  their own kabaddi tournament. But hey, for the joy of listening to Bollywood from a McD I would visit the place. That place even has desi cops too. 

Btw Shahid coming to JDJ this weekend. Wink

@IK - He doesn't have any ground with the general public though, he lost elections badly . I think he is just  trying to gain some political mileage. Sharif govt. is already unstable . This just would make Army der very happy 

Yes Football is back- my team too lost yesterdayCry . But I am excitedParty.

Edited by charminggenie - 23 August 2014 at 9:18am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

hindu4lyf

-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 24 August 2014 at 12:39am | IP Logged
http://youtu.be/j-P54MZVxMU
Ouch
LeadNitrate
LeadNitrate

Posted: 24 August 2014 at 7:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by charminggenie

@T - Thats their foreign policy and I  respect that. They have as much right as anyone else to pick their allies and strategies. 
What gets me is the social commentary on the internal conflicts of other nations. US made statements on Chinese ethnic clashes, yet it won't tolerate scrutiny over its own racism . Other examples- not just the government , but general public would sneer down about the Sunni-Shia conflict or India's casteism but won't acknowledge the crippling racism in their governance system. If racism is a complex issue in US then so are other ethnic conflicts in various other countries where US offers unsolicited advice/intervention.

ISIS was like many other terror groups was supported and encouraged by US on grounds of ethnic differences. By that logic would US tolerate external intervention for solving ethnic clashes in Ferguson?

Agree that it has some sort of US tradition but now their social experiments like Al Qaeda , ISIS have exposed the flaws in US strategy. 

Genie, thats what I meant by tradition. Not just USA, if u look into history, all prevalent economies/empire ruler of the world civilization had looked down upon others and decided theirs is best and treated different from them as beneath them and being holier than thou. Its not new. Its just at the time and age we live in people are more concious and blatant dictating of terms do not go well. Also it is easier to criticize USA now because despite still being the world leader, it is not in a very strong position of its own.

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 24 August 2014 at 3:12pm | IP Logged
I'm behind on all TV stuff. Gilmore Girls has re-runs on 5*, I feel like I get a lot more references now, all these years later. Caught up with like 2 weeks of Ek Hasina Thi, loving all the twists and turns! Never know who has the upper hand between Durga and Sakshi - and now the new Akash mystery. 
@Tani - No more MB! :( what show is occupying your time now? When is BB back? 
LeadNitrate
LeadNitrate

Posted: 25 August 2014 at 10:37am | IP Logged
D, work is occupying time, after I come home, straight to bed 
and cheesy romance novels, 

Go to top