Career or Family

ziks thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Well i liked the conversation between laajo and Anjali today .  It was very good .👏 
and much needed conversation.👏

Simple  conversation between two ladies but is that that simple ? No right i agree life is
not that simple mainly for women than men .

At  some point of life many women face this question ? Career or Family life ? 😕

Priorities should be chosen what is more important and obviously Mainly in countries
like India where marriage is more important to woman than anything . So she simply
 sacrifices career . I have seen many women  here sacrificing their career for their
married life .

They will say that they dont have much interest in career even though in depth of
their hearts they will feel sad that they could nt do much in life and could nt prove
 themselves.

Laajo she told today that for her love and marriage is important . Thats old laajo
But now laajo is giving importance to her career only rather than her husband 's love .😡

But the conversation has so  depth . 👏

In olden days and in countries like India even though women are so intelligent
their life is completly limited to kitchen ,cooking t,aking care of children ,husband and
in laws . They never thought about career then .

But nowadays women are giving importance to their career , growth .

My point is Is anjali correct in her point ? Leaving her husband children for her career ?
How far it is justified ? In my view its very cruel step and i dont like her thinking  at all.
If she is so passionate about her career why the hell she married in the first place
and given birth to two children and left them ?

She says she is content with her life but really is she ? Her eyes says something
and her mouth says something . She said she is not regreeting her decision .
But she is regretting i bet .  She knows she committed a major mistake leaving
her children . Internally she is feeling guilty . I bet .

What iam saying is Completly sacrificing career for family life and sacrificing family life
for career  among these two which one is better ?

I know life is not that simple for every woman they have to choose cant have both
career and family sometimes and it depends on life partners , their support and
understanding .

In my opinion Women should give equal importance to career and Married life .
Balance should be there between both career and family .  I know for all women
its not possible but at least those who have understanding life partners they can
balance both very well .  No need to sacrifice one for other .

Among laajo and Anjali i support laajo . Love is more important than any thing .
With out love no one feels happy and content irrespective of their immense growth
in their career . This is my personal opinion .

i wont support anjali , her decision to leave family due to her passion in her career .
That is so inhumane i say . Leaving children.

I thought there was a strong reason for anjali to take divorce . But i cant digest
the fact that she left her children because she is passionate about her career and she is
ssaying lies that she is happy .  Her eyes are saying how much she is missing her
children . I am totally disappointed with anjali . 👎🏼

what are your opinions friends on this ?  Love to know .

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sami01 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
it is lovely topic and being a career woman with responsibilities of  domestic life I do have my 2 cents to share..I would say briefly and then I would reply in details.
I think it is economic necessity  for me to work, also I studied so hard, loved my profession so couldn't think of ever quitting it. but once having kids I think giving urself  may be a year off helps a lot I think Anjali's extreme step was wrong, one needs to balance everything. We might not be perfect moms but as long as we r there for our children in need and guide them well, am sure women can have very full filing careers  .At least I cannot imagine myself without my work or family. either. Thanks for opening this topic will be back to add more of my thoughts on the subject.
ziks thumbnail

Originally posted by: sami01

it is lovely topic and being a career woman with responsibilities of  domestic life I do have my 2 cents to share..I would say briefly and then I would reply in details.

I think it is economic necessity  for me to work, also I studied so hard, loved my profession so couldn't think of ever quitting it. but once having kids I think giving urself  may be a year off helps a lot I think Anjali's extreme step was wrong, one needs to balance everything. We might not be perfect moms but as long as we r there for our children in need and guide them well, am sure women can have very full filing careers  .At least I cannot imagine myself without my work or family. either. Thanks for opening this topic will be back to add more of my thoughts on the subject.

Thank u di for wonderful reply .  I completly agree with u . Balance needed between career
and family life . yes we cant imagine ourselves without work or family either . Take ur time
and reply di . I  like to know all our forum members opinion on this . 😊

-FreeSpirit- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
I really liked their conversation it had a lot to think about.. Honestly I feel both are right in their own places I don't completely support Anjali but I can understand her why she chose her career one thing I still don't like about her is not giving time to her children
Professional working women however successful they are in their jobs still crave for family and to be wIth  people whom they love no matter how busy they are so Anjali saying she has no regrets in life sounded to me like she was convincing herself I think deep inside she must be guilty that she chose not to be with her children but I also support her decision of being independent and living for herself and her passion and it takes guts to do what one wants though I hope one day she would understand that a balance is needed and how she can have her career and be a part of her children's lives too...

Laajo's view is a very simple and less complicated one she values love and relationships more that anything and I feel  after she starts living with Nikhil again she would not really be interested in performing again

Whoa I wrote a lot, and I have no experience at all I am still a student so all this is basically from what I have seen or read 😆
skydome thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Agree a good balance is the answer.  Once you are committed to starting a family , particularly having babies, you need to think twice.
Yes, a good balance between maintaining a family and a career is appropriate.  Also in the time of family emergency, if the balance weighs more on the the side of the family, that is reasonable and understandable.  If you loose a job, you can look for another job, but if you loose a family member, it is hard to replace.
ziks thumbnail

Originally posted by: Desigirl_21

I really liked their conversation it had a lot to think about..

yes u r right a lot to think about it .

Honestly I feel both are right in their own places

Here i slightly disagree with u . I feel Anjali was quite wrong .

I don't completely support Anjali but I can understand her why she chose her career one thing I still don't like about her is not giving time to her children.

Exactly what type of  mother she is  completly devoid of emotions  .

Professional working women however successful they are in their jobs still crave for family and to be wIth  people whom they love no matter how busy they are

Agree with u completly on this .

so Anjali saying she has no regrets in life sounded to me like she was convincing herself I think deep inside she must be guilty that she chose not to be with her children

Is nt it she is just convincing herself . Her sadness is clearly visible on her face .

but I also support her decision of being independent and living for herself and her passion and it takes guts to do what one wants

I too love being independent living for ourselves and passionate about career . I too dont
like women emotionally , financially depending on others including husband living spineless
life .

But what  i dont like is she leaving her husband children .😕

Love , family , children are more important in one's life . All are not blessed with those.
If they are  blessed with love and family they should nt neglect them .

End of the day  love,  family , children these give ultimate happiness and make us
 content with our life more than success and career i personally  beleive .

though I hope one day she would understand that a balance is needed and how she can have her career and be a part of her children's lives too...

yeah i too hope for this but she already did much damage . Nothing much left .

Laajo's view is a very simple and less complicated one she values love and relationships more that anything

No its not simple view it needs  much more guts to live selflessly for her husband
and family .

and I feel  after she starts living with Nikhil again she would not really be interested in performing again

No yaar she is so intelligent , talented  career oriented girl . She will surely wont neglect
her professional life also but difference is laajo gives much priority to her family life
than career  .

Whoa I wrote a lot, and I have no experience at all I am still a student so all this is basically from what I have seen or read 😆

Great reply really even though u dont have experience   👏.Thank you for sharing ur
 thoughts on this .

ziks thumbnail

Originally posted by: skydome

Agree a good balance is the answer.  Once you are committed to starting a family , particularly having babies, you need to think twice.

Yes, a good balance between maintaining a family and a career is appropriate.  Also in the time of family emergency, if the balance weighs more on the the side of the family, that is reasonable and understandable.  If you loose a job, you can look for another job, but if you loose a family member, it is hard to replace.

Completely agree with u  . Depending on the situation one needs to prioritise  especially
if it involves children . 
Wonderful reply .  Thank u .
varshitap thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hello Swapna dear!
   Good morning!  Thanks for opening this topic. I have many things to say...you know me...😆
  Well , this is a serious topic and we women face this dilemma for sure!!  I have faced it, my mom has faced it , so I think I can very well express myself on this.
   I think in life different phases have different priorities and balancing family and career depends on what is important at that point of time. Agreed that in India family is of prime importance , but education and career cannot become secondary. My mom belonged to a generation when employed and educated women were very few. There were no facilities like baby sitting and creches for young kids. But still my mom braved it with the help of family. We never felt lonely or left out as kids. My mom made sure that she spent maximum time with us as leaving her job was difficult. Till today I can see guilt in her eyes when she says she should have done more for us. To be honest my mom was with us in every step. She knew what lessons we had, our teachers names, ... and even she attended every function in our school. So when I see Anjali I feel sad for her that she has missed out on so many things.
    I also faced this dilemma after having kids, but then I just decided to give career a break! You know we may get a job any time but our kids childhood never waits ... So for me my kids were the first priority so I chose them!! I have never regretted this decision as I feel motherhood is so fulfilling!
 Many advised me that I studied so much ...what is the use etc etc.. but I don't think we gain knowledge only to earn a few cents!!  Knowledge should be used to achieve fulfillment in whatever we do , this is what my mom says!!  So I use my knowledge to bring smiles to my kids faces  now. I am working voluntarily to make education child centric, helping my kids school in their programs. However this is way different from my education and career!!😆  But I am happy!!😃
   So its good to achieve something with your family as your support system, rather than achieve something all alone!! 
     Anjali has lost it , She says that she sacrificed her family to become a passionate dancer...little does she know that this is not sacrifice but mere selfishness and running away from the responsibility of her children. Her "sacrifice" has cost her children and family more than herself!!
When she said she had no regrets... her eyes showed the pain of a defeated person who still believes she is a victor!!   Now-a-days some women ( ultra feminists!!) think that giving up career for family is compromising with their ego!! why cant men do it!!   But this argument fails because only a woman can be a mother!! and not man!! A young child requires maternal care more than anything else . So women need to think rationally and with an open mind when they have to make a decision.
  At the end what matters is your and your family's happiness.
    Sorry for this looong comment!!😉 I have debated this issue so often with my friends that I got carried away😆😆😆😆
   Thanks for this wonderful post. Hope I have not bored anyone!!😛

Edited by varshitap - 9 years ago
Hema48 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I think we each have our own perspective on this work-life balance issue! My belief is that it doesn't have to be a choice, we can have both career and family though it is tough! I am a working mum and have studied hard for my professional exams and love my work. I can't imagine myself being at home all the time I need my work not just for economic reasons but because I like to be creative and engaged in some kind of creative activity and actually my daughter always tells me how inspired she is by seeing me working so hard! So it is a question of balance and I do take time off when my kids are on school hols!
sami01 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
basically swapna and every one else it is a task for us women to find that perfect balance. Mothers as long as they love their children and take care of them to best of their ability with a sincere effort ,work is must.
Love for one's professional role is also a role model for children as hema rightly said.
I feel everyone is right in their own way like Varsha said her mom was working yet she never felt deprived, it is just balance that is needed. Some of most caring women I know are working women and atleast for me it is combination of 3 things...economics ,love for my profession and my own mental health--