Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Blast from the Past Thread #25 Extn ** Khushi, I... ** P 119, Ep 274 (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 135

Katelyn

IF-Rockerz

Katelyn

Posted: 12 June 2014 at 5:56pm | IP Logged

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

cinthiann1758aarwenBarunDiwaniJaveria3991ArshiHameshaindi52

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Blast from the Past Thread #25 Extn ** Khushi, I... ** P 119, Ep 274 (Page 3)" in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

wiwy

IF-Dazzler

wiwy

Posted: 12 June 2014 at 6:05pm | IP Logged

Arnav says "Khushi I love you"

Its too much to sink in, all she wants is to have him back...to continue to live her dream, to remain thirsty for his love...if that is what it means, let it be so...

A VM by meEmbarrassed

Qatra-qatra milti hai, qatra-qatra jeene do
Zindagi hai (zingadi hai), bahne do (bahne do)
Pyaasi hoon main, pyaasi rahne do
(Rahne do, na)

[[Translation: It's given to me a moment (drop) at a time, let me live it like that
Such is life (such is life), just let it flow (let it flow)
If it leaves me thirsty, let that be so
(Just let it be)

Kal bhi to kuchh aisa hi hua tha
Neend mein thi, tumne jab chhua tha
Girte-girte baahon mein bachi main
Sapne pe paaon pad gaya tha
Sapnon mein, bahne do

[[Translation: Do you remember what happened yesterday? I was deep in sleep when you touched me.
It made me start, and I almost fell in your arms on stumbling upon a dream.
Just let me live in this dream, and if it leaves me asking more more, let that be so!

Interpretation: Your touch makes me start even in my sleep. It's as if I stumbled upon a dream. And I want to live this dream-like life forever.]]

Tumne to aakaash bichhaaya
Mere nange pairon mein zameen hai
Paa ke bhi tumhari arzoo ho
Shayad aise zindagi haseen hai
Arzoo mein, bahne do

[[Translation: You have given me the sky to walk on, but my bare feet are still on the ground.
Life is a lot more beautiful, when I still long for you when you're with me.
Let me live in this desire. And if it leaves me thirsty, so be it!

Halke-halke kohre ke dhuen mein
Shaayad aasmaan tak aa gayi hoon
Teri do nigaahon ke sahaare
Dekho to kahaan tak aa gayi hoon
Kohre mein, bahne do

[[Translation: (Walking) in this soft mist of fog, looks like I've touched the sky.
Guided by your eyes, look where I've reached.
Now just let me float in this mist, and if it leaves me thirsty, so it be!
(Translation credit to uploader)
Song: Qatra qatra 
Lyrics: Gulzar
Music: R D Burman
Film: Ijaazat

Edited by wiwy - 13 June 2014 at 1:58am

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

cinthiann1758aarwenBarunDiwaniHorizonJaveria3991ArshiHameshaindi52sohara

indi52

IF-Sizzlerz

indi52

Posted: 12 June 2014 at 6:47pm | IP Logged
in deja vu mode, another little thing i'd written after watching episode 258. also on crooner.

the telephone conversation between arnav and his family.

the phone rings in the middle of a call being made to the cops. the level of worry among the family members has reached a bit beyond mars.

anjali picks up the phone.

her expression begins to clear. then the tearful exchange. sister admonishing brother, anger, worry, relief, everything all at once. around sentence three, cut to tight close up asr.

oph.LOL

and the fabulous phone call is on a roll. instrument being passed from one to the other, everybody wants to talk to the one that is away. (how many times have i seen this at home when someone calls long distance. so damn natural! what a fantastic device used adroitly by masters of storytelling.)

the brother wants to reassure the sister despite all his troubles, yet that little asr head tilt of irritation at her usual overworry (need to create words, sorry).

the grandmother grabs the phone. extreme tenderness, utter dependence, relief washing over into a smile, pleading with her grandson through mock forgiving for the last time (last time?!! no, cut that thought and throw it far far away). did you notice the surge of emotions across barun's face? this woman has been his pillar, his shelter when he was destitute, and he must have played on her lap (yeah yeah i'm getting mushy but you know grandmothers do that to me) as a kid. as he sits before a gun pointed at him (if we are to believe the precap) wonder how many thoughts are racing through his head as he hears her voice.

on to mamiji. oh that to and fro, her smile full of her love for arnav bitwa, because funny/mean/gauche/nouveau riche whatever mamiji may be, her love for this bitwa is the real deal. and they have a special relationship. no matter what her drawbacks, he gets her. remember that necklace incident? oh i fell a bit more in love with asr that day. to love someone though they ain't perfect, to indulge someone just because you can, aw i die. what a treat that conversation "so what will you get me from scotland?" LOLLOL inane, yet full of meaning. arnav almost smiles. her prattle creating an illusion of normalcy perhaps? for a brief moment, mamiji's into her inane prattle, all is right with the world.

akash interrupts, so natural, so apt, so son like. on to the conversation between two bros, nay to me they are brothers not just cousins. off we go into the questions regarding business and things, arnav does not interrupt this conversation and rush into the main event. he wants no member of his family to worry, not the elderly, not the physically weak, not the young and strong. no one. he takes care of everyone. he has an answer for everyone's question. no one must worry, not for him. o my oh.

finally, the request, akash, take care of di and khushi. did you hear his voice thicken ever so slightly on her name? what is this unbearably good acting i say.

last and absolutely most, khushi. now that just under 3 min (correct me if i'm wrong) conversation will go down in the annals of classic love stories as the finest phone conversation ever when love was declared through the most beautiful utterance and the most eloquent silence.

(i wouldn't be surprised if a telephone company or operator soon filches the scene for an ad.)

that call was a masterstroke. there was love, family, nuanced emotion, plus plot development there. then there was i love you.

thank you writer, director, and each and every actor.

(adding now: they were master storytellers till i don't know what bug bit them, was a mutant type, nothing could cure them alas. only once i a way the fever broke and they told us the tale as once they used to.)

Edited by indi52 - 24 June 2014 at 9:53am

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

Arnav_Khushifankizh72aarwencinthiann1758HorizonwiwyJaveria3991ArshiHameshavandana1965sohara

aarwen

Goldie

aarwen

Posted: 12 June 2014 at 8:24pm | IP Logged
An I love you song to celebrate with.. yes he was at gun point.. yes she was crying.. but those weren't the reasons' for those three precious words.. Actually there was no other reason except that he called to say Khushi I love you..

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

kizh72cinthiann1758HorizonBarunDiwaniwiwyJaveria3991KatelynArshiHameshaindi52

indi52

IF-Sizzlerz

indi52

Posted: 12 June 2014 at 9:17pm | IP Logged
^^^
yes, rhea, he did, didn't he...

that whole struggling with the words... then out they come like pure breath from deep within.

how long he has longed to say that.

now in a twilight zone, there is no reason to hold back, not say it... and of course only one actor could have said it like that. three not at all rare words, some may consider pretty cheesy, an actor made new and hamesha. khushi felt their impact, and absorbed it, held and cherished it in her being, grew strong around it... i just kept wondering where solid ground was... not once do i not get goosebumps when he says the words.

when i read your last line, i felt a grazing in my heart, you got such a brill thought there. yeah, that is why he called even if he didn't know it.

Arnav_Khushifankizh72aarwencinthiann1758BarunDiwaniwiwyJaveria3991Katelyn

wiwy

IF-Dazzler

wiwy

Posted: 12 June 2014 at 11:24pm | IP Logged
I owe the inspiration to my VM to this beautiful thread and its creators my lovely talented friends who churn out masterpieces thread per thread. 

Salaam In di, Durgey, Kate, Faiqu, Supi! Another brilliant poignant thread! 

StarClap Clap Clap Clap ClapStar

Edited by wiwy - 12 June 2014 at 11:41pm

Arnav_Khushifancinthiann1758aarwenBarunDiwaniKatelynArshiHameshaJaveria3991indi52

BarunDiwani

IF-Dazzler

BarunDiwani

Posted: 12 June 2014 at 11:24pm | IP Logged
bautiful thread once again ladies!!!

Front page is gorgeous, great opening lines!

D, as always you deliver another great poem!

Kate, love the gifs and great audio, uff that voice and his "I love you"...best i've ever hear by anyone on TV or Movies or anything

Faiqa, loved your confessions piece and you dwelve into there "love you" from before. But more imp ClapClapClap great VM! great job capturing all thos moments of this love

Indi, your piece on Khushi transforming into a woman is just ugh! how you've captured the moment, esp as she walks away holding that phone close to her heart. that need to be alone with him and that phone and those three words...also how you linked stars falling in her dupatta and the bangle scene...while those were perfect for our jhalli filmy girl, this suttle scene is apt for our grown up "woman"...thanks for this beaut

Rhea, i'm totally in awe of your blue and pink convo b/w their hearts...sigh... i've been actually working on a piece for Anniversary(te he which is obviously not gonna make itLOL)...but ONE day i will finish it and its similarly required me to go through their journey and how they fell deeper in this "well of love" gradually...
you write so beautifully and its suchan origional way to express Arshi's feelings, loved every word...mmmuuwaaas for this!

Cyn,Those last words...better not be urs! great great peice. i'm ROFL at the last line "Tied and bound, it this what it takesLOL" MR.ASR? Brill piece, loved it!!

Edited by BarunDiwani - 12 June 2014 at 11:20pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Arnav_KhushifanaarwenKatelynJaveria3991ArshiHameshaindi52

BarunDiwani

IF-Dazzler

BarunDiwani

Posted: 12 June 2014 at 11:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by wiwy

res

Oye hoye Sauten! kya baat!

me rushing to see VMSmileSmile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post: