-I Kurukshetra war I-

Posted: 9 years ago
Kurukshetra war

The epic war of Mahabhart is going to begin soon. We've made this topic to have all discussions about Kurukshetra was in this thread in order to keep important informaton in one topic.

Regards
Mahabharat DT

Thank you so much for this thread. ๐Ÿ˜Š
Kurukshetra war is one among the most important stages of the epic. Let's hope for the best..!
Thanks for this thread Minakshi!! ๐Ÿ˜Š
A thread for the Kurukshetra War - this should be interesting!!

Events of Kurukshetra War - Bhishma Parva (post-Gita) to Sauptika Parva
CVs depict "Mahabharata" as the great war whereas this term isn't associated with any war. Wish they could use their senses to replace their favourite depiction with "Kurukshetra".
Thank u!

EDT will be lonely now. ๐Ÿ˜†
thanx minaxi for thread! I hope this thread doesnot become field of kurukshetra๐Ÿ˜Š as war is approaching
Day 1: Sword duel between Grandpa Gandolf and Abhimanyu.

Sword duel is still better than underwater wrestling. ๐Ÿ˜†
and gadayuddh between duryodhan, dushashasan ad shakuni vs yudhisthir. where ie bheem? the nation wants to know.
Exactly. I have not found Bheem anywhere.. What happened to our Bheem? Duryodhan mein interest kho diya kya? ๐Ÿคฃ
Thanks for making this thread Minaxi.

Kurukshetra has a holy significance in Hinduism. While describing the importance of tirthas to Yudi (in Varna Parva) here is how Kurukshetra is described:

Pulastya said, O Indra among kings! One should then go to the applauded Kurukshetra. All those who go there are freed from all their sins. He who always says, "I will go to Kurukshetra, I will live in Kurukshetra," is freed from sins.  O Yudhishthira!  Even if one only wishes to go to Kurukshetra in one's mind, all one's sins are destroyed and one goes to Brahma's world. O extender of the Kuru lineage! He who goes to Kurukshetra with devotion, obtains the fruits of a royal sacrifice and a horse sacrifice. O king!

Debroy, Bibek (2011-04-29). Mahabharata Vol. 3 (Penguin Translated Texts) (pp. 16-17). Penguin Books Ltd. Kindle Edition.