Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

severus1 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by: soaplovers

Even i felt it was a bit insulting for Jetha but actually Jetha deserves it.. but what did he do in the end he tore the promotion letter Iyer gave him to read that was so immature on his part. Do you actually tear someone's letter without his or her permission ?? I am sure even the least educated ppl would do it..

Yeah that was wrong. He did a petty thing to get back at Iyer. πŸ˜›
.Rohit thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: soaplovers

Even i felt it was a bit insulting for Jetha but actually Jetha deserves it.. but what did he do in the end he tore the promotion letter Iyer gave him to read that was so immature on his part. Do you actually tear someone's letter without his or her permission ?? I am sure even the least educated ppl would do it..

ya that was childish as well but iyer outsmarted him as it was a copy and not a original... πŸ˜†
terenaam_ahm thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
jethalal bhi aaj...badla lene...kuch too zaroor karega...πŸ˜†, i hope its good..πŸ˜›
Edited by terenaam_ahm - 9 years ago
.Rohit thumbnail
Originally posted by: terenaam_ahm

<font size="2" color="#cc3300">jethalal bhi kuch aaj badla lene kuch too zaroor karega...πŸ˜†, i hope its good..πŸ˜›</font>

precap showed mehta calling iyer ...
I guess mehta will call iyer pretending to be iyer's boss and cancel his promotion...lets see
terenaam_ahm thumbnail
@ _Rohit_

aaisa hoga too zabardast maaza aayega...πŸ˜†, jethiya kuch too gadbaad karega...akhir show ke hero ki izzat ka sawal hai...
.Rohit thumbnail
Sahi baat hai...ab toh izzat ka sawal hai jetha ke liye...
soaplovers thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: _Rohit_

ya that was childish as well but iyer outsmarted him as it was a copy and not a original... πŸ˜†

yeah i kind of liked what Iyer actually did. He gave him a copy to read and framed the original one.. that's very smart. πŸ‘
Edited by soaplovers - 9 years ago
jack4156 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@terenaam_ahm, 

agreed to you.

Mainly, it was Tappu's and Mehta's fault. Mehta even knew that Jethalal wouldn't accept that he don't know English. So he must have helped him as he is his best friend. Tappu also knows that his father don't know English then why was he laughing ? Both of them πŸ€¬

@dey.bh,

Actually, terenaam_ahm is talking about the other society members who knew that Jethalal doesn't knows English. As for Iyyer, everyone knows what to expect from him, he has all the rights to laugh at him for whatever Jetha do to him πŸ˜†

You said :-

Originally posted by: dey.bh

Besides,he just asked to read the letter. All he had to do is to say that he is sorry he can't read English.

Well, let me correct you. Iyyer didn't ask him to read the letter. Actually, he said him to read the letter. And Jethalal was not expecting an English letter. All he was expecting was an letter in Hindi. Also he was not given the letter in hand before coming to the stage, so he came to the stage and was given the letter to read and then he knew that the letter is in English. Now that was the condition for Jethiya where he couldn't say that he can't read just because he don't know English. Everyone was expecting him to read the letter. If he knew this before then he was not going to read it anyway. It feels a bit ashamed to accept that, in front of everyone, where not only his family was, but also the outsiders. That's the FACT !

Aur ye to ekdum common baat hi hai na, agar mere kisi dost ko English nahi aati to mai uspar hasoon kya ? Bilkul bhi nahi hasoonga aur naa hi kisi ko hasna chahiye πŸ˜Š To is najariye se aap dekho us episode ko. Society waalon ka Jethalal par hasna bilkul galat tha, wo log jaante thein ki use English nahi aati. Mehta to best friend bhi hai, is samay par uski help na karke, uspar has de πŸ˜‘ Aisi dosti kahin nahi dekhi.

Mehta must have helped him because only he knew that Jethalal wouldn't accept that he don't know English. He was also his best friend.

Originally posted by: dey.bh

Does he know what a scientist means to feel ashamed in first place? Once he asked Iyyer," aapke waha kya hota hai, chutti lete hai to malik log salary kat lete hai kya ?" So, this is his idea about the Iyyer's profession,

Agreed, but at least Jetha don't make joke of him even when the outsiders are present and also in front of everyone. Jetha asks such questions to Iyyer mostly when they are at the soda shop or sometimes when he and Iyyer are alone. It was not good to see Iyyer making joke of Jethalal in front of everyone even when he invited his friends as well. It could have been somewhat acceptable if only the society members were around.

As for Jetha-Babita, he knows his limit. Just take the example of the episode when he was all alone and Babita Jee came to his house πŸ˜³ On that day, Jethalal realized his limits.
Edited by jack4156 - 9 years ago
dey.bh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
@ jack:
POINT no 1: THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SAYING AND ASKING:

What exactly is the difference between said to read the letter and asked to read the letter? In English asking to do something is not exactly an order. its the just the same thing dear😊English is an unique language and sometimes different words may turn up being the same thing. Therefore in any case Jetha was not ordered to do so but he did that out of choice.When I said  he could have refused, I meant when he saw the letter was in English, he should have stepped down.

POINT 2: WHY PUBLIC TAMASHA?

We have neveer seeen a relative of Iyyer or a colleague of Iyyer so far. Therefore, jetha hardly has the chance to insult Iyyer anywhere else except before the purush mandal. Mind it, flirting with your wife and taunting you enough before your wife is nevertheless equally humiliating.I have already said jetha doesnt care who is around so that doesn't really matter to him. He is only concerned with Babitaji presence.

POINT 3: WHY OTHERS DIDN'T UNDERSTAND HIS PROBLEM

I have replied to Ahmad on this already. How many times have BHide tried to point of jetha's wrong English spellings and pronunciation and how actually did he react? He never respects that and no body wants to be insulted by him.Therefore, he never learns. Besides, this is how the socities in India are. All of them make fun of each other, Popat is ragged over his marriage and Bhide ragged because of his hair and so on. BIg deal! English, they had made it a style statement otherwise," I can't speak English" would have save him from the mockery.

Edited by dey.bh - 9 years ago
terenaam_ahm thumbnail
@  jack4156 & @ Debby

Fit hai boss...πŸ‘πŸΌ, abhi thand rakho dono and thanda pani pee lo...πŸ˜†, jetha aur iyer mein asit bhai jee modi ne ladayee lagayee thi and unhone hi dosti bhi karwa di...soo kahani khatam..jelebi hazam...πŸ˜†
Edited by terenaam_ahm - 9 years ago