insouciance thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Jain gifted Bachchan a coffee table book on the sets of Cheeni Kam
Shaheen Parkar
[email protected]

Vinay Jain is back from London after shooting for ad filmmaker Balkhi's big screen outing, Cheeni Kam.
The film, which stars Amitabh Bachchan, Tabu and Paresh Rawal, has Jain playing the role of Bachchan's neighbour — the father of a young girl who has a special bond with Big B's character.

Inspiring
Jain had carried a special gift for Bachchan — an inspiring coffee table book of photos and poems by the well-known Japanese poet laureate and Buddhist philosopher, Dr Daisaku Ikeda.
"The book celebrates the indomitable human spirit. And I thought it would definitely strike a chord because Big B's life is an epitome of the indomitable spirit. It was nice of him to actually go through the book and tell me what he thought about it the next day on the sets," says Jain.

Special moment
"I was excited about sharing screen space with the Big B. It was more of a learning experience for me. The way he conducts himself on the sets and how he makes it a point to be concerned about everyone. Even before I was introduced to him on Day One, he knew my name! For me, it was a joy to work with the biggies in their fields — the Big B, director Balkhi and cinematographer P C Sriram who has worked in Mani Ratnam films They are all so mentally alert."
Though Jain has done films earlier, he considers Cheeni Kam a landmark event. "The London trip was wonderful not only in terms of work and interaction with the biggies but also getting a feel of London. I caught up with old friends, watched plays on West End, checked out museums."

Career graph
On the small screen, Jain features as the gregarious Daksh Kapoor in the Balaji show Karam Apna Apna on Star Plus. He earlier featured in Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin (Sony) and in Remix (Star One). On the stage front, he features in Two To Tango (with Tanaaz Lal) and in Sharaarat (with Shweta Tiwari). Jain will also be seen in the Anil Kapoor produced Gandhi, My Father, directed by Feroz Khan, in which he features as Mahatma Gandhi's grandson, Kantilal.
On the personal front, Jain's son, Ranveer, turns a year old next month. "I will be in New Delhi performing on stage and I hope to make it a family outing with my wife Chaitna."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mermaid_QT thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
thanks buffie.. bachchan and jain look good in the picture..