Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

K.Universe. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
forgot to mention that, just as you didn't say that sex education is the only education teens should receive, i didn't say that math and science is the only education they should receive. in your model, math and science and other "real" subjects are still a part of your curriculum. likewise, in my model, sex education is also a part of my curriculum.

what makes them think is what i am interested in. there is only so much one can talk about sex and bodily changes. i am not sure how much material one can come up with in that regard. i am sure you disagree. i am sure you have an ungodly number of hours in mind to talk about sex.

Originally posted by: K.Universe.

quixotic5, whoever is an adult now has necessarily gone though the adolescence stage at some point in life, so i am not sure why you have to emphasize "teen issues" so much. none of us are alien to the concept of adolescence so you can safely assume that  i  g e t  i t.

Exactly !..i thought of mentioning it in my post but then 4 some reason finally decided against it..

whether i acknowledge the teen issues or not, i thought we are here to discuss solutions to the problem of putting a stop to teen pregnancy. in that regard you and me came up with two approaches. one calls for copious hours of sex education. another calls for copious hours of math and science. 

Yes, that is the purpose of a debate after all , it makes u analyze different perspectives & arrive at a rational conclusion.. and "copious" hours of sex education?! πŸ˜†..depends if by "proper" it means "copious " then so be it !.. the point being I am all for "proper sex education" that addresses important issues & deals with the root causes of teen problems & as for maths & science , they are already the life & soul of a highschool syllabus in India but "proper sex education" is practically non-existent ...

i will go ahead with math and science, if you don't mind. simple reason being, i don't think (even now, even after all your persistence, even after all the painstakingly lengthy replies you put together, which i no doubt appreciate :) adolescence is a rocket science.

😊

Originally posted by: K.Universe.

forgot to mention that, just as you didn't say that sex education is the only education teens should receive, i didn't say that math and science is the only education they should receive. in your model, math and science and other "real" subjects are still a part of your curriculum. likewise, in my model, sex education is also a part of my curriculum.

Good !...πŸ‘πŸΌ..but i do hope that by 'sex education" , u dont mean "8th grade biology class"..πŸ˜†

what makes them think is what i am interested in. there is only so much one can talk about sex and bodily changes. i am not sure how much material one can come up with in that regard. i am sure you disagree. i am sure you have an ungodly number of hours in mind to talk about sex.

haha... well, personally i dont mind talking about sex but i find it tedious & a an utter waste of time to talk about things that are not important.. however, i am all 4 issues that needs to be addressed πŸ˜‰ 

K.Universe. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Quixotic5

Good !...πŸ‘πŸΌ..but i do hope that by 'sex education" , u dont mean "8th grade biology class"..πŸ˜†

I will be sure to throw in a paragraph about the birds and the bees, I promise.
DonnaHarvey thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
It is actually not that high anymore. I cannot find the source atm but I will get back to you if I do. Stats show that the rates have dropped now compared to the 80s and 90s. 
and to your school and sex point I say, dream on! kids will have sex whether you like it or not. you cannot force your beliefs on them. the only thing you can do is provide them with the knowledge, help, and resources on how to have safer sex. this means not cutting off funding to planned parenthood, allowing sex education in schools, not protesting in from of abortion clinics and not shaming women who choose to terminate their pregnancy, adopt, or even keep their child. 

willful ignorance (as is perpetuated by conservatives and right wing religious groups) will only add fuel to the fire. 
not.here thumbnail
I don't know much but I think having friends with you that don't pressure you is good as well as having someone to talk to about any feelings you do have honestly and without judgement.

Sometimes I feel sex is a taboo regardless whether it is a religious society/household or not and even concerning sex between married people!

And knowledge, guidance and help should be available to those who make that decision without discrimination.

For a process that creates the billions of people already in existence it is a topic most people tiptoe over.

It happens and it needs discussing. Hiding or slamming it only makes people more curious.

Maybe someone needs to ask more about why teens go ahead and do it to see what main reason comes up...I don't really know.
I really liked how this discussion turned out.  πŸ˜Š  Thanks everyone for making it such a great topic.
cupoftea11 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Oh why stop it?🀑 I thought everything was 'cool' nowadays.

Edit
Sorry , didn't mean to hurt anyone. But that's the first thing that came to my mind😊
Edited by OyeChupKar - 9 years ago
Previous
1 ... 6 7 8 9 10