End of the road for Saaksshi :(

rabeeak2003 thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

End of the road for Saaksshi
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   November 11, 2004

Shaheen Parkar
Mouli Ganguly in Saaksshi
Saaksshi has reached a dead end. Three more episodes and it will be yanked off the air.

This weekly Sony soap, launched in April, was described as 'a riveting story of a middle-class girl who is also an undercover cop'. Mouli Ganguly plays Saaksshi, a girl of convictions who stands up for what she believes is just.

But the show fell short of taking off. It was launched as an hourly Saturday saga and later tightened into a half hour Friday serial. Tarun Katiyal of Sony says, "Some things work and some things don't."

According to Siddharth Malhotra of Cinevistaas, producers for Saakshi, "It is the channel's decision. We shot for the last episode earlier this week.

This Friday's episode will have the general gunning for Saaksshi. There are two more episodes which will focus on whether Saaksshi dies or not."

Incidentally, in a bid to give Saaksshi a helping hand, Shivaji Satam (who plays ACP Pradyuman in CID) had visited Saaksshi in a soap crossover special episode in September.

Prior to that, Saaksshi had been given a long, linear track with a major twist to the story with — a confrontation between the main protagonist and her boss, Shekhar Gupta (Sameer Soni) — the head of the intelligence company Astra. With Gupta dead, Saakshii, obviously, had nothing left to contend with.

Edited by vijay - 19 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Girl thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
thats really sad saakshi will end. it was a nice serial and had a lot of potential.
OodlesDoodles thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
I agree this is one of the only serials left to watch on Fridays and yanking this is really not good. Can we start a petition.
jammy thumbnail

Originally posted by: main_reetu

I feel it should b restarted on Star Plus with its original story where Shekhar is not a traitor rather a lover of Saaksshi, in place of Sanjivani.I really miss the lovely pair of Samir Soni & Mouli.What's Ur opinion?

Inspired by DEVI!!

I think the show is dead, and the least they can do is give it a decent burial.

Jammy.

ruta thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
it is really sad that this show is endeing..it is a really good one which for a change potrays women in a much stronger light than the docile doormats we are so used to seeing.And yeah....wish they re-start the show with actual plotline as saaksshi began going downhill only after they ousted shekhar!!
rabeeak2003 thumbnail
Originally posted by: jammy

Inspired by DEVI!!

I think the show is dead, and the least they can do is give it a decent burial.

Jammy.

Jammy tumhe (APPKO) kya sub kuch MAZAK lag ta hai kya? Well it is not funny at all!

**lil_playa** thumbnail

Originally posted by: vivan fan

no ways they show all sorts duffer idiotic and abnominable stuff like ayushman devi and kill ejaz khan and atleast 4 sake of amit sadh and mauli ganguly they have 2 show saaksshii and if they stop it dunno whats gonna fall on sony and cinevestas😡

i totally argee

i really like the show & i don't think they should end it just because samir soni(purab)died. that is what i would call foolish.

**sorry in advance if anybody thinks my words are rude,and mean**

Girl thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
 i think there would be many with you
jammy thumbnail
What was harsh in my opinion!!!!

The show is dead and by the burial i meant that the show must be given a decent end.

It is not a comedy serial which can be revived like you said.

It is not like Khicdi which can be released on another channel with a name instant Khichdi.

As for the Actor Amit, well he is a Good actor and If you guys want to watch him Get 'GUNS & ROSES'  on  Star ONE atleast that show is much better that saakshi.

Jammy.