rabeeak2003
rabeeak2003

Posted: 13 November 2004 at 5:19pm | IP Logged

End of the road for Saaksshi
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   November 11, 2004

Shaheen Parkar
Mouli Ganguly in Saaksshi
Saaksshi has reached a dead end. Three more episodes and it will be yanked off the air.

This weekly Sony soap, launched in April, was described as 'a riveting story of a middle-class girl who is also an undercover cop'. Mouli Ganguly plays Saaksshi, a girl of convictions who stands up for what she believes is just.

But the show fell short of taking off. It was launched as an hourly Saturday saga and later tightened into a half hour Friday serial. Tarun Katiyal of Sony says, "Some things work and some things don't."

According to Siddharth Malhotra of Cinevistaas, producers for Saakshi, "It is the channel's decision. We shot for the last episode earlier this week.

This Friday's episode will have the general gunning for Saaksshi. There are two more episodes which will focus on whether Saaksshi dies or not."

Incidentally, in a bid to give Saaksshi a helping hand, Shivaji Satam (who plays ACP Pradyuman in CID) had visited Saaksshi in a soap crossover special episode in September.

Prior to that, Saaksshi had been given a long, linear track with a major twist to the story with — a confrontation between the main protagonist and her boss, Shekhar Gupta (Sameer Soni) — the head of the intelligence company Astra. With Gupta dead, Saakshii, obviously, had nothing left to contend with.

Edited by vijay - 13 November 2004 at 6:15pm

Girl Senior Member
Girl
Girl

Posted: 14 November 2004 at 8:50am | IP Logged
thats really sad saakshi will end. it was a nice serial and had a lot of potential.
OodlesDoodles IF-Veteran Member
OodlesDoodles
OodlesDoodles

Posted: 19 November 2004 at 10:56am | IP Logged
I agree this is one of the only serials left to watch on Fridays and yanking this is really not good. Can we start a petition.
jammy Goldie
jammy
jammy

Posted: 20 November 2004 at 9:00am | IP Logged

Originally posted by main_reetu

I feel it should b restarted on Star Plus with its original story where Shekhar is not a traitor rather a lover of Saaksshi, in place of Sanjivani.I really miss the lovely pair of Samir Soni & Mouli.What's Ur opinion?

Inspired by DEVI!!

I think the show is dead, and the least they can do is give it a decent burial.

Jammy.

ruta Goldie
ruta
ruta

Posted: 20 November 2004 at 12:26pm | IP Logged
it is really sad that this show is endeing..it is a really good one which for a change potrays women in a much stronger light than the docile doormats we are so used to seeing.And yeah....wish they re-start the show with actual plotline as saaksshi began going downhill only after they ousted shekhar!!
rabeeak2003 IF-Dazzler
rabeeak2003
rabeeak2003

Posted: 20 November 2004 at 1:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by jammy

Originally posted by main_reetu

I feel it should b restarted on Star Plus with its original story where Shekhar is not a traitor rather a lover of Saaksshi, in place of Sanjivani.I really miss the lovely pair of Samir Soni & Mouli.What's Ur opinion?

Inspired by DEVI!!

I think the show is dead, and the least they can do is give it a decent burial.

Jammy.

Jammy tumhe (APPKO) kya sub kuch MAZAK lag ta hai kya? Well it is not funny at all!

rabeeak2003 IF-Dazzler
rabeeak2003
rabeeak2003

Posted: 21 November 2004 at 2:10pm | IP Logged
vivan fan, i agree 100%!
**lil_playa** Senior Member
**lil_playa**
**lil_playa**

Posted: 26 November 2004 at 3:53pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by vivan fan

no ways they show all sorts duffer idiotic and abnominable stuff like ayushman devi and kill ejaz khan and atleast 4 sake of amit sadh and mauli ganguly they have 2 show saaksshii and if they stop it dunno whats gonna fall on sony and cinevestasAngry

i totally argee

i really like the show & i don't think they should end it just because samir soni(purab)died. that is what i would call foolish.

**sorry in advance if anybody thinks my words are rude,and mean**

Go to top