Page 1 of 44

Page 1
Page   of 44
Page 2 Page 44

Priya_nv

Priya_nv

Posted: 21 May 2014 at 7:59pm | IP Logged
Welcome everyone Hug

Before going further, I would like to clarify that the contents of this thread are not directly related to Harry Potter Universe. It is an auxiliary thread to HP Quiz - This isn't MAGIC, it's LOGIC ;)

The discussions here will be related to the members of The Clever Sphinx Association. So any new members who would like to participate are requested to first go through these threads

This will give you an idea about the existing member's talents in making and solving riddles. Your comments would be most appreciated.  

Existing members: For the last few days the activity in our HP Quiz thread has been maddening... the reason for and by which this thread came into existence might be confusing for some. A detailed explanation for this is in the second post.

Please do read the Disclaimer before proceeding:

Edited by Priya_nv - 21 May 2014 at 7:56pm

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

cosmosandmeQuixotic5ExpectoPatronumQuietlyLoudtwilaLumosmehr05Nishi.KssiluvOriginals

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "HP Quiz - This isn't MAGIC, it's LOGIC ;) - Riddle Nicknames" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Priya_nv

Priya_nv

Posted: 21 May 2014 at 8:32pm | IP Logged

Howdy Riddle-masters Hug 

The idea of this new thread started with Anirudh (Lumos) and Akash (Akash005)... LOL

Akash, the probie (with mad skills Cool) entered our little peaceful world and with his busting enthusiasm started posting riddles one after another Thumbs Up. The activity in the thread increased and so did the bromance between Anirudh and Akash... ROFL

One fine day Anirudh posted a comment 

Originally posted by Lumos

@akash.. thanks for ur wishes Smile... good u thought i would say thatTongue...ur clever!! Big smilesmarty pants!WinkLOL... ... ...  .LOL  ... Riddles enjoy karte hain!!! Smile chal ab produce kar riddles Mr.Vending Machine!!LOL. im droping my hard-earnedOuchLOL 10 galleons in you and gifting u a butterbeer!!Cool... enough pampering now!!Big smile

And so Akash became our Riddle Vending Machine. Dancing He then impressed Almas with his riddles and achieved another title.. 

Originally posted by iluvOriginals

Ya im going..but i really wanted to know the address of Riddle factory..please PM me the Adrrss Akash.. i too wanna go thre n buy some good tricky Riddles

Twila, the senior member Cool was initially foremost in the race to post the 10th riddle. With riddles fast coming out of Akash's riddle vending machine, the Jackpot competition (the result is now known to all of us) b/w them turned interesting Big smile. All riddle-solvers were in La-La land Day Dreaming Dancingand that's when Akash gave a nickname to me in one of his comments...Party

Originally posted by Akash005

Well , if ur answering success ratio is anything to go by then indeed it seems u r the answering machine! ..ROFL.. I mean it in a good way though, I have been called a "riddle vending machine" and a "riddle factory" , it was a compliment..Big smile.. and now u r the "riddle answering machine"!..ROFL

Me being me D'oh couldn't let it go and suggested this...LOL

Originally posted by Priya_nv

riddle answering machine ??? I kind a like it..thanq..chalo.. we will give names to others as well and ask lumos to add it in the first page...LOLLOL 

Lumos, Linaya and Akash thought the idea was great.. Smile 

And the story ends with another of Anirudh's comment..Wink 

Originally posted by Lumos

ok here's an idea... make a NEW thread(sort of a subsidiary thread to this)  for riddle-nicknames discussion so that this thread stays in line and doesn't clutter... discuss about nicknames there...once all names are finalised, we'll post on 1st page of this thread, the names and link to that thread. 
how does it sound? u initiate it Smile

So, my fellow potterhead Smile
Now that the story is read Wink
Don't waste time elsewhere LOL
Join the fun here with your share Cool

Edited by Priya_nv - 22 May 2014 at 6:36am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Quixotic5twilamehr05LumosiluvOriginals

Quixotic5

Goldie

Quixotic5

Posted: 21 May 2014 at 8:58pm | IP Logged
GREAT !!! .. so the thread is officially on now ...Smile
Now let the discussion begin !! Thumbs Up  Party

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Priya_nv

Quixotic5

Goldie

Quixotic5

Posted: 21 May 2014 at 9:03pm | IP Logged
Clap  Party Party Clap

Edited by Akash005 - 21 May 2014 at 9:59pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Priya_nv

Priya_nv

Priya_nv

Posted: 21 May 2014 at 9:04pm | IP Logged
INDEX

Member Name                                                                       Nicknames 

Quixotic5 (Akash)                          Riddle Vending Machine,  Riddle Factory,                                                                                         Brain Freeze                                                                                                                                                       Trend Setter, '9 yr old on a sugar rush!',                                                                                               Mr. Question Mark, Shining Star, SirQ 

beutifulppl ( Jolly)                             Beautiful Debut Machine

bookworm-ALS-- (Shreya)             Instant Riddle Machine

iluvOriginals (Almas)                   Sarcastic- No Riddle Machine
                                                                      Freggie

khushboo_kzk (Kushboo)               Madam-gives-riddles-and-disappears 
                                                                Bholi Bala, Miss Offline Mode   

Laugh.Out.Loud (Linaya)              Lazy Linaya, Happy-Go-Lucky

Lumos (Anirudh)                             Riddle Twisting Machine, Explanation Seeker,                                                                                        Clue Miser, The Sphinx, Brain Freeze
                                                                   Drill Master, Andy Bhaiya,

mehr05 (Mehreen)                          Ms. Gayab

-Memories-  (Shivangi)              LOL-ing Riddles Machine
                                                                   Miss Hello-Hi-Bye-Bye, Ms. Guest Appearance

QuietlyLoud (Anjali)                     Catty Riddle Machine                                                                                                                                     

Priya_nv (Priya)                              Riddle Answering Machine, Sharp Striker
                                                                Little Miss Know-It-All, Insufferable Miss Know- It-All

roshni_rj (Roshni)                     Visiting Answering Machine

twila (Twila)                                    Killer Riddles Machine, 
                                                                   Big Boss, Ms. Evans, The ROFL Master 

People, I am going to update this post regularly with the nickname suggested for each member. 

You can come up with apt names and discuss about them in this thread. In case, you are a secret admirer Day Dreaming and wish to remain anonymous Wink, do PM me the name. I will make an unbreakable vow not to disclose your identity. Evil Smile

I am a true believer in democracy LOL and so the final Riddle Nicknames for each member will be decided by majority votes. 

Edited by Priya_nv - 16 June 2014 at 3:04am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

pinks2911Quixotic5twilaLumosiluvOriginals

Quixotic5

Goldie

Quixotic5

Posted: 21 May 2014 at 9:09pm | IP Logged
Hmm, I think my new name should be based on my buzzing proby status..m sure that title won't b lost with changing times.. LOL
Roshni's name should also b based on her answering skills... hmmm.. thinking..

Twila's should be based on her senior status as well as amazing competitive spirit which always makes her to be at the top of riddle making game...thinking..

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Priya_nviluvOriginals

Priya_nv

Priya_nv

Posted: 21 May 2014 at 9:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Akash005

GREAT !!! .. so the thread is officially on now ...Smile
Now let the discussion begin !! Thumbs Up  Party

Akash, not yet done with the thread...wanna help with it??? any more ideas??

Quixotic5

Goldie

Quixotic5

Posted: 21 May 2014 at 9:27pm | IP Logged
Oops..did I just butt in while the main thread topic itself was in progress?!..Ouch LOL
Yes I ll b coming up with my suggestions as n wen my tube light goes on..LOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top