Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 6

Page 1 Page 5
Page   of 6

ani11

IF-Sizzlerz

ani11

Posted: 23 March 2007 at 1:08pm | IP Logged
First of all the ideal situation would be not to get in a situation where someone has to make a decision of taking a life.

But still there are situations where people need to think about abortions.
In my opinion getting an abortion is absolutely wrong because its a new life ,so what if its inside a women's body,its still a life.

There atre certain situations where the abortion should'nt be considered wrong in my opinion:-
-If the life of the mother is at risk if she gives birth due to some medical complication or due to young age.
-If the chances are that the baby will have some abnormalities because of which it may not be able to lead a normal life; in which case the parents should have the right to choose if they want to bring the baby in this world .
-The women has concieved as a result of rape or sex not with her consent....in that case it should be the women's choice

Even in the above cases an absolute certainity should be made that abortion is the only option avaiable.

Lastly if a couple decides to get an abortion done anyways ,they should take the moral responsibility for it and not blame it on their parents or culture/society/religion.Taking a life is the biggest decion thta can be taken by a human being and they should take the responsibilty for it....

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Should we ban abortions? (Page 6)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 23 March 2007 at 1:17pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

ani11

IF-Sizzlerz

ani11

Posted: 23 March 2007 at 1:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Maya_M

I would like to ask if abortion should be a decision taken as a couple or is it a woman's choice alone.

My views:

1. If there is a legal partner involved then his decision should be respected as well. A woman cannot just say that it is her body so she can decide whatever she wants.

2. If there is no legal partner then it should be a woman's choice to decide.

agree and also if its the women's life that is as risk as as result of the pregnancy then it should be totally her decision but in case everything is normal the couple should take the decision together.

Also in the case where they find out that the baby is going to be an abormal one...in that case to the decision to terminte that pregnancy should be a joint one..

Dabulls23

IF-Stunnerz

Dabulls23

Posted: 23 March 2007 at 1:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Maya_M

I would like to ask if abortion should be a decision taken as a couple or is it a woman's choice alone.

My views:

1. If there is a legal partner involved then his decision should be respected as well. A woman cannot just say that it is her body so she can decide whatever she wants.

2. If there is no legal partner then it should be a woman's choice to decide.

Maya I am in agreement with both your choices.  Than again how much does woman's decision VS man's decision plays out in the case of first scenerio.  I would like to hear other's view on it.  Although it is a very good thought.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top