Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 6
Page 4 Page 6

sanaqureshi

Goldie

sanaqureshi

Posted: 16 September 2006 at 12:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sowmyaa

Abhijit I think Can we ban? and Should we ban? are two different questions.

Can we ban? - as you said no.
Should we ban? Now this is where it gets trickey as you mentioned there are illegal abortions too. Legally I think we should not ban. If any women wants to abort her fetus she should have right to do it. However, I totally agree with you that it should NOT be used as birth control.

Shud we ban abortions?....Is that even a Question??...There isnt even supposed to be a question on wether there shud be a ban on abortions..OFCOURSE THEY SHUD BE BANNED!!!

i dunno abt other religons but in islam we r said that God is the only one who has the right to controll our lives.He is the one who has the right to decide wat to do with us...He decides our faith n it is He whom gives life to ppl n can also take them away on His own will becuase He created u s as his servants...

i dunno abt other religons but atleast in islam no1 is given the right to take away a life that is living in them...wether it be a leagal life living in them of an illegal one..no1 has the right to kill ny1..dont u guys think that killing a baby insid u is the same as killing a person just because the baby is not yet in a human form n has not entered this world it doesnt make it ny less human..thus doesnt it make killing a human n killing a life inside u the same thing??...

as breathing_irony said

"do u think abortions should be banend in those cases when the mother's life is not at risk?

most of u have taken it to be in life threatening situations..even then i also agree that one has the right to abort a child if it is a life threat to them...but since th topic s of non-life threatining situations one has to consider the fact that a life is living in themselves...

now coming to those teenagers who have been raped or have becum pregnant in illegal ways by ofcourse adultrey...well as for them even they dont have the right to abort their children....isnt it inhuman to do so?..ofcourse i can undertsand the situation of those girls who have been raped..it was not their fault but by removing the child inside them dont they consider the fact that it is not even the childs fault wat abt happened to them so y shud the child suffer?..if it is society then society can go to hell!!..because even the society has no right to say nything to those who have becum victims of this inhuman behaviour...b4 abortion a mother shud think of one more thing..

"wat if i can never reproduce another child again?" "wat abt all those ppl who cant becum mothers?They wud die to be in my position (i.e pregnancy)..y am i being so selfish?"...

a raped person shud not just c wat wud happen to them in the socuiety but think abt themselves n their child.

lastly those who beum pregnant due to commiting adultrey..well they shudn't be complaining they got themselves in this position n now they have to suffer..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Should we ban abortions? (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Lost_Soul141

IF-Rockerz

Lost_Soul141

Posted: 16 September 2006 at 1:07pm | IP Logged
i dnt think we shud ban abortions because women who are raped or ill shud be given a chance to get rid of it. but i do think women who get pregnant through their own mistake shudnt be allowed to have a abortion

xxRoohanixx

IF-Rockerz

xxRoohanixx

Runner up of KSBKBT Debate Champion 1&2

Posted: 16 September 2006 at 1:48pm | IP Logged
I think the only way you can really know to Ban it or not,is if you went through the situation yourself,other wise you wouldn't know,the pain,the happiness,the frustration and all the emotions the person went through,abortion is just not a matter of killing a living thing or not,infact,it is Muchhh Moree than that. Embarrassed

xxRoohanixx

IF-Rockerz

xxRoohanixx

Posted: 16 September 2006 at 2:41pm | IP Logged
It really depends for me on the situation.

mostwantd

mostwantd

Posted: 17 September 2006 at 10:45am | IP Logged
i beleive no abortions shouldn't be banned, there's many reasons why it shud be and shudn't be. like in us many girls get raped by their dad's do u ex[ect them to keep the child no, girls get raped period and don't want the child, sumtimes if a mother give birth to the child it becomes a life-risk. we need abortion for that, but then there's the fact that in islam i know that if god gave u a child don't murder it unless its a life-threating reason or etc. kids are god's miracle.

well thats my opinion 'bout it Wink

xxRoohanixx

IF-Rockerz

xxRoohanixx

Posted: 17 September 2006 at 11:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mostwantd

i beleive no abortions shouldn't be banned, there's many reasons why it shud be and shudn't be. like in us many girls get raped by their dad's do u ex[ect them to keep the child no, girls get raped period and don't want the child, sumtimes if a mother give birth to the child it becomes a life-risk. we need abortion for that, but then there's the fact that in islam i know that if god gave u a child don't murder it unless its a life-threating reason or etc. kids are god's miracle.

well thats my opinion 'bout it

Yeah,I agree that sometimes there are just really confusing situations that it's absolutely nessecery to get an abortion

Originally posted by abhijit shukla

One last thing. There are mentally retarded or bipolat of brianed injured women who do not even have capability to consent or refuse sex. They are on thier own and there are monsters who would impregnate them. No one would know who they are and if carried to full term..those kids would be on the mercey of fate because those women cannot possibilly be fit mothers. have actually seen women like that character in 'Pinjer' gettng repeatedly pregnant and I cannot even post here what happened to those infants.

Not all unwed mothers are adultresses. There are some who do not even know what adultery is...or what sex is...or what pregnancy is.

Yes,I also agree with you,those kind of people have no control. Ouch ....So,It is also nessecery!!

sanaqureshi

Goldie

sanaqureshi

Posted: 19 September 2006 at 12:42pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by abhijit shukla

Originally posted by sanaqureshi

i dunno abt other religons but in islam we r said that God is the only one who has the right to controll our lives.He is the one who has the right to decide wat to do with us...He decides our faith n it is He whom gives life to ppl n can also take them away on His own will becuase He created u s as his servants...

i dunno abt other religons but atleast in islam no1 is given the right to take away a life that is living in them...wether it be a leagal life living in them of an illegal one..no1 has the right to kill ny1..dont u guys think that killing a baby insid u is the same as killing a person just because the baby is not yet in a human form n has not entered this world it doesnt make it ny less human..thus doesnt it make killing a human n killing a life inside u the same thing??...

Sana;
You are missing the point. THe question is not weather you as a Muslim or I as  Hindu or someone else as a Catholic should feel it right to have an abortion. If that was the question, all your points - well, most of them - would be valid. The question is should WE COLLECTIVELY as a society impose our religious or cultural views on someone who does not consider herself primarily a Hindu or a Muslim or an Indian or a Pakistani or an American but a woman - and tell her that since I as a Hindu or Sana as a Muslim do not think you have a right to an abortion...tough luck! No matter what happens to you and your would-be child, you have to carry that child and raise it in poverty, sickness, shame and desparation no matter what!
Regardless of what religion one's is, at least 5/6 of humanity is not religion. No matter what nationality one's is, at least 4/5 of humanity is not that nationality. So what right one has to impose one's religious or nationalistic values on rest of the humanity?
Suppose someone is an ateist, why should she obey my religious beliefs as a Hindu and not have an abortion if she is in her first trimester after a rape or an incest? What right do I have to impose my views on her?
And most women do think of thigs you talk about before making that decision. Like I said before, they do not do it for fun, they do so because there is no other choice....and yes, as of now I am still in right mind.

i guess abhijeet u took me wrong i was giving islam as an example that in our religon no1 has the right to destroy the life within them..no one has the right to do so...cuz its God who gives life n also who has the right to take a life away not us...Isnt that part of ur religon??...doesnt ur religon say that since God has the right to give life He also has the right to take life i away??..For example if u buy sumthing or invent sumthing so dont u have the full right over it??..can sum ayra ghaira cum n take that thing or destroy that thing which is urs?thik abt it..i also mentioned hat im not gonna discuss religons in this tpoic..Embarrassed

sanaqureshi

Goldie

sanaqureshi

Posted: 19 September 2006 at 12:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Dawn05

Sana I don't find any convincing point in your post.
Abortions are not fun for women this is against the  nature of them. But in certain situations the benefits are much much higher than the losses.

If legal ban of abortion is according to your perception is the best option then there should be extremly good conditions of women and children in countries or societies not only  health wise but also  socially and emotionally where abortion on social grounds is still illegal. Smile (on medical ground abortion is legal all around world as far as I know).Statistics doesn't say that and every one knows it.

Recently I was reading about the association of Crime rate and legalization of abortion in America .. where clear association was found between unwanted pregnancies and high crime rate. This analysis was given on the basis of more than 30 years of statistics. Smile
There are other aspects of social abortions too. Which can only be seen if one try to look for reality. No one can change the fact by just closing eyes.

i didnt get a word u said..but the thing which i got from wat u wrote was that u really agree that abortions shudnt be banned??

i dont get it!!...y do u guys think that by killing sum1 ur doing more gud then bad??.. 

its lyk i said wud u lyk it if sum1 came n destroyed sumthing u recently purchased or invented??...thats the same as Gods way..He gave another life to a woman in the form of a child...n He has the right to take it away too.!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top