Page 2 of 6

Page 1
Page   of 6
Page 3 Page 6

d_s_g_

Goldie

d_s_g_

Posted: 13 September 2006 at 6:45am | IP Logged
no i dont think so,yes it is wrong of female infanticide but thts a different topic in whole,in india where illeteracy is in the toll,many gals who get married early become going to be mothers before they reach even 18 yrs of age,in these case abortion is the only thing tht can save the life of the mother atleast.besides there r many poor families tht cannot afford for kids but the woman r often pregnant due to illeteracy thus it is better for the baby not to com in this world than to starve and die.Plus many children r born by cases of rape,they r usualy dumped into garbage bins or in a place of pilgrimage.Thus it not right to ban abortion in general.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Should we ban abortions? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sanaqureshi

Goldie

sanaqureshi

Posted: 13 September 2006 at 12:57pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by sowmyaa

Abhijit I think Can we ban? and Should we ban? are two different questions.

Can we ban? - as you said no.
Should we ban? Now this is where it gets trickey as you mentioned there are illegal abortions too. Legally I think we should not ban. If any women wants to abort her fetus she should have right to do it. However, I totally agree with you that it should NOT be used as birth control.

wat shud not ban???

r u ppl in ur right minds??....OFCOURSE THEY SHUD BE BANNED!...

insouciance

IF-Rockerz

insouciance

Posted: 13 September 2006 at 1:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sanaqureshi

Originally posted by sowmyaa

Abhijit I think Can we ban? and Should we ban? are two different questions.

Can we ban? - as you said no.
Should we ban? Now this is where it gets trickey as you mentioned there are illegal abortions too. Legally I think we should not ban. If any women wants to abort her fetus she should have right to do it. However, I totally agree with you that it should NOT be used as birth control.

wat shud not ban???

r u ppl in ur right minds??....OFCOURSE THEY SHUD BE BANNED!...

Thus,are you saying that if a girl is raped by a swine,she must yet give birth to the fatherless childConfused...

Minnie

IF-Veteran Member

Minnie

Posted: 13 September 2006 at 10:37pm | IP Logged
Andrea Wales had five kuds, fed them,clothed them, loved them, and then killed them - one by one,by patiently drowning them. They were six months to 7 years - she said the 7 yr old was the hardest to drown.......

Is she a monster ? In my opinion,yes.

Her husband was advised by the doctor that if she became pregnant the fifth time,she could loose her mental balance.She attempted suicide twice. But for seven years,she did not harm her children. In the eighth, she snapped.

If she had just one child to take care of,then at least one child would have been alive.........and not die a painful death at the hands of the very person who is supposed to be their protector.......

Had her husband heeded the advise of teh doctor,and helped contain her pregnancies....the story could have been differnt..........

Was her husband a monster? Yes, a bigger one than her.

*TiA*

*TiA*

Posted: 14 September 2006 at 1:56pm | IP Logged
i think abortions shud not b bannned. it is a matter of 1's opinion n belief n they shud hav a ryt 2 decide whats best 4 them

tanushree

tanushree

Posted: 15 September 2006 at 6:11am | IP Logged
I agree with Abhijit. No point bringing a soul into this world if it's unwanted and unloved!

sanya_s

sanya_s

Posted: 15 September 2006 at 7:59am | IP Logged

I know that in gruesome situations like rape, abortion seems to be acceptable...and I know it is very difficult!

If there is a small helpless baby before you, can you kill it? Isnt abortion murder? In abortion, we dont 'see' the slaughter, we dont know wat is happening, so we dont see it as murder. But isnt ending a life a murder, watever be the situations? Do we have the 'freedom' of ending life, at our wish, just because the means are available?

-Masakali-

IF-Dazzler

-Masakali-

Posted: 15 September 2006 at 4:20pm | IP Logged
i dont believe in abortion....but i dont think that we should ban it!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top