Debate Mansion

Should we ban abortions?

breathing_irony thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Wanted to knw what u guys think....😳

do u think abortions should be banend in those cases when the mother's life is not at risk?

oh btw Im new to this section but Im a debator at school so thought I could brainstorm this topic better with help frm u guys....

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Groovychick thumbnail
well said dr ji πŸ‘
i think you've pretty much summed it all up but yes, if there are some cases where child is in danger and there is risk to the mother as well, why lose an extra life unnecessarily?! but then again, it matters what kind of case and situation occurs..if it is for a stupid reason e.g parents wanted a boy and not a girl, i feel they have no right to destroy that innocent child's life 😳 😭

Tina xx
Krishana Tulsi thumbnail
i do agree with the others...ban is a bit harsh but i am stongly against abortion if it is done for the worng reason...e.g. teenage pregnency...umm i can understand the situation of the teenage girl ...but there are many other options e.g. adoption!
desi_chick05 thumbnail
i think it should be banned!  i went to tha hospital yesterday to see my aunts baby boy who was a couple hours old and i was like omg he is soo cute & tiny! how can someone ever even think abt abortion..killing a masoon bacha😭
breathing_irony thumbnail
the problem is tht I've got to support the idea of banning abortions......I knw banning something is not feasible but wht r the arguements for banning it? I knw female foeticide is a major problem....but wht else?
sowmyaa thumbnail
This topic have been discussed several times before. Please refer to attached links.

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/74522

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/93013

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/9818

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/254169

However, with new members we'll have new inputs so I am going to leave this open. Links are provided if anyone is interested in knowing other member views.
sowmyaa thumbnail
Abhijit I think Can we ban? and Should we ban? are two different questions.

Can we ban? - as you said no.
Should we ban? Now this is where it gets trickey as you mentioned there are illegal abortions too. Legally I think we should not ban. If any women wants to abort her fetus she should have right to do it. However, I totally agree with you that it should NOT be used as birth control.
sowmyaa thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: desi_chick05

<span>i think it should be banned!</span><span> i went to tha hospital yesterday to see my aunts baby boy who was a couple hours old and i was like omg he is soo cute & tiny! how can someone ever even think abt abortion..killing a masoon bacha</span>

I know it is hard to see small cute baby being aborted. But there are circumstances sometimes when abortion should be a choice. I would rather see unwanted child being aborted than being neglected and raised out of frustration through out his life.
d_s_g_ thumbnail
no i dont think so,yes it is wrong of female infanticide but thts a different topic in whole,in india where illeteracy is in the toll,many gals who get married early become going to be mothers before they reach even 18 yrs of age,in these case abortion is the only thing tht can save the life of the mother atleast.besides there r many poor families tht cannot afford for kids but the woman r often pregnant due to illeteracy thus it is better for the baby not to com in this world than to starve and die.Plus many children r born by cases of rape,they r usualy dumped into garbage bins or in a place of pilgrimage.Thus it not right to ban abortion in general.
sq174121 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: sowmyaa

Abhijit I think Can we ban? and Should we ban? are two different questions.

Can we ban? - as you said no.
Should we ban? Now this is where it gets trickey as you mentioned there are illegal abortions too. Legally I think we should not ban. If any women wants to abort her fetus she should have right to do it. However, I totally agree with you that it should NOT be used as birth control.

wat shud not ban???

r u ppl in ur right minds??....OFCOURSE THEY SHUD BE BANNED!...