Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Should we ban abortions?

breathing_irony IF-Dazzler
breathing_irony
breathing_irony

Posted: 12 September 2006 at 2:21pm | IP Logged

Wanted to knw what u guys think....Embarrassed

do u think abortions should be banend in those cases when the mother's life is not at risk?

oh btw Im new to this section but Im a debator at school so thought I could brainstorm this topic better with help frm u guys....

Groovychick IF-Rockerz
Groovychick
Groovychick

Posted: 12 September 2006 at 3:44pm | IP Logged
well said dr ji Clap
i think you've pretty much summed it all up but yes, if there are some cases where child is in danger and there is risk to the mother as well, why lose an extra life unnecessarily?! Ouch but then again, it matters what kind of case and situation occurs..if it is for a stupid reason e.g parents wanted a boy and not a girl, i feel they have no right to destroy that innocent child's life Embarrassed Cry

Tina xx
Krishana Tulsi Senior Member
Krishana Tulsi
Krishana Tulsi

Posted: 12 September 2006 at 4:46pm | IP Logged
i do agree with the others...ban is a bit harsh but i am stongly against abortion if it is done for the worng reason...e.g. teenage pregnency...umm i can understand the situation of the teenage girl ...but there are many other options e.g. adoption!
desi_chick05 IF-Dazzler
desi_chick05
desi_chick05

Posted: 12 September 2006 at 5:11pm | IP Logged
i think it should be banned!Ouch  i went to tha hospital yesterday to see my aunts baby boy who was a couple hours old and i was like omg he is soo cute & tiny! how can someone ever even think abt abortion..killing a masoon bachaOuchCry
breathing_irony IF-Dazzler
breathing_irony
breathing_irony

Posted: 13 September 2006 at 2:52am | IP Logged
the problem is tht I've got to support the idea of banning abortions......I knw banning something is not feasible but wht r the arguements for banning it? I knw female foeticide is a major problem....but wht else?
sowmyaa IF-Dazzler
sowmyaa
sowmyaa

Posted: 13 September 2006 at 6:18am | IP Logged
This topic have been discussed several times before. Please refer to attached links.

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=74522

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=93013

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=9818

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=254169

However, with new members we'll have new inputs so I am going to leave this open. Links are provided if anyone is interested in knowing other member views.
sowmyaa IF-Dazzler
sowmyaa
sowmyaa

Posted: 13 September 2006 at 6:21am | IP Logged
Abhijit I think Can we ban? and Should we ban? are two different questions.

Can we ban? - as you said no.
Should we ban? Now this is where it gets trickey as you mentioned there are illegal abortions too. Legally I think we should not ban. If any women wants to abort her fetus she should have right to do it. However, I totally agree with you that it should NOT be used as birth control.
sowmyaa IF-Dazzler
sowmyaa
sowmyaa

Posted: 13 September 2006 at 6:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by desi_chick05

<span>i think it should be banned!</span><span> i went to tha hospital yesterday to see my aunts baby boy who was a couple hours old and i was like omg he is soo cute & tiny! how can someone ever even think abt abortion..killing a masoon bacha</span>

I know it is hard to see small cute baby being aborted. But there are circumstances sometimes when abortion should be a choice. I would rather see unwanted child being aborted than being neglected and raised out of frustration through out his life.

Go to top