Asian Shows

Underrated Gems

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

DonnaHarvey

IF-Sizzlerz

DonnaHarvey

Posted: 20 May 2014 at 9:31pm | IP Logged
List all the shows that you loved but you think did not get much attention. 
Here are mine: 

Korean
1. A Wife's Credentials: A cable (feminist?) romantic/ social drama that is a treat to the senses. Many of the main characters are the same as Secret Love Affair and it has a similar kind of vibe. The setting and how well the characters blend in it is commendable. So is the acting and the writing. The OTP are so wrong yet so right for each other. Sometimes I can't believe I am siding with them but oh they have stolen my heart and hidden it in an unfound place. 

2. Life is Beautiful: The reason I recommend this show is because it tackles possibly the most taboo social issue in all of Asia- homosexuality. Two very well known actors play gay lovers pitted against the world. That's all I am going to say. 

China
1. Best Time: Based on a novel written by Tong Hua, this drama is one of the very few mainland shows that gets office romance RIGHT. And of course, like every Tong Hua hero, our main lead is equal parts jerk and adorable dork. There's no way you won't love him. 

2. Perfect Couple: Two words- Wallace Huo. Seriously, if you want to laugh out loud for a solid hour, with a no nonsense heroine and a hero who can take a pratfall but give a passionate kiss to repair his fallen pride, you are in the right place. 

Note: I will keep adding more as I remember/find them. And maybe even compile a list with your recommendations. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

najialuv88Sars.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Underrated Gems" in Asian Shows forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

acetamol

acetamol

Posted: 21 May 2014 at 10:31am | IP Logged
I've been looking for perfect couple with eng subtitles for quite some time now. I found a link but there's only four episodes available, do you have a link that has more subtitles episodes available if not all of them.

najialuv88DonnaHarvey

DonnaHarvey

IF-Sizzlerz

DonnaHarvey

Posted: 21 May 2014 at 10:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by acetamol

I've been looking for perfect couple with eng subtitles for quite some time now. I found a link but there's only four episodes available, do you have a link that has more subtitles episodes available if not all of them.
I watched it from empess ki house but they only have 3 episodes. please do share your link too. 
the rest (I am at ep 20 right now) I watched without subtitles. 
solidarity girl LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

najialuv88

acetamol

acetamol

Posted: 21 May 2014 at 11:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by DonnaHarvey

I watched it from empess ki house but they only have 3 episodes. please do share your link too. 
the rest (I am at ep 20 right now) I watched without subtitles. 
solidarity girl LOL

the kdrama on air blog has four episodes. I think the empress ki house people are getting the links from that blog as well. oh you watched without subtitles? Did you understand everything or you just get the gist of it?
Can you tell me more about the best time...I might check that out since viki has all of the episodes.

Edited by acetamol - 21 May 2014 at 11:45am

najialuv88DonnaHarvey

DonnaHarvey

IF-Sizzlerz

DonnaHarvey

Posted: 21 May 2014 at 2:50pm | IP Logged

the kdrama on air blog has four episodes. I think the empress ki house people are getting the links from that blog as well. oh you watched without subtitles? Did you understand everything or you just get the gist of it?
Can you tell me more about the best time...I might check that out since viki has all of the episodes.
I am planning on rewatching with subs so ...that says somethingLOL
here is the synopsis for best time. see my additions in bold: A career young woman finds herself embroiled in a romantic entanglement with the man whom she had a crush with for years (she quits her high ranking job as the chief accountant at an independent firm to follow him into a big corporation as a mere entry level rookie), and with another whom she beginning to have a close bond with (see meets him under strange but hilarious circumstances but he begins to be suspicious of her after he learns she is too smart to be working a low end job. bickering and romance ensues).

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

najialuv88

Post Reply New Post

Go to top