Sensational South

Vijay Sethupathi or Sivakarthikeyan?

supercool3 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 9 years ago
I think out of the newer lot of actors, Vijay Sethupathi and Sivakarthikeyan are definitely the most popular. The likes of Vikram Prabhu and Gautam Karthik are still behind.

While Vijay S. has gathered fans through his off-beat films, like NKPK, Soodhu Kavvum, etc, Sivakarthikeyan has a lot of fans from his days as a TV personality.

Both aren't necessarily doing the same type of movies, but they do seem like they are the ones that are mostly in demand.

Personally, I slightly lean more towards Siva. But Vijay S. is definitely becoming a favourite now as well.

Who is your favourite - Sivakarthikeyan or Vijay Sethupathi?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ChanandlerBong thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Vijay  is a better actor   while Siva is a better entertainer ...
I have a soft corner for Siva since his anchoring days, so it is him for me ðŸ˜ƒðŸ˜ƒ
__VJ__ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
For me itz vijay sethupathi... am glad he happened to tamil cinema for giving life to cinema as an art by nuanced performances, for choosing off beat themes and standing by it, for giving chances to new nd young directors going by script value rather than star or $ value.

I think i would be an outcast here coz i liked sivakarthikeyan more in tv screen rather than silver screen not that am undermining him as an actor
hope it changes in future as he develops overall finesse...
Edited by __VJ__ - 9 years ago
Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I do like both...Vijay has showed scope for acting...Siva has been entertaining us...its early to say anything but I do believe Vijay has shown he can act in any types of roles. Siva should pick up good script where he can show his acting ability. 
keerthu27 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
for me its siva...
i like him from TV days😉
-Nakshatra- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Vijay Sethupathi as an actor and Siva as an anchor or an entertainer. Siva is yet to do an offbeat or a serious role.  Edited by -Nakshatra- - 9 years ago
Strikhedonia thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
It is always Siva for me! I'm his fan right from when he did TV shows!😳
Smiles-20 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Vijay Sethupathi started his film career way before Shiva, the media has been comparing both of them which I find weird sometimes and on Koffee with DD they try to bring his name as often as they can.
Both are super talented and great people!  

The first time I saw Shiva was in Boys vs Girls and he has great comic timing. 

I would have to pick Vijay Sethupathi though just for the roles he does and looking at his career graph, he's put a lot of solo effort into what he does.
-Cskluv- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
i like them both siva definitely deserves a better script for sure but his movies are feel good one ppl enter the theater and come back with a smile so obviously i will go with siva he is an entertainer who is loved by from small kidd to elder in the family
and vijay has been revolution he got some great scripts to perform sometyms a normal ppl get into the movie and comes back confused and there r elders who still dont know who is vijay sethupti  
vijay sethumathi is loved by matured film lovers and sivakarthikeyan is loved by all tats d difference between this two but they r definitely the future
in the lines of
rajni kamal
vijay ajith
vikram surya
simbu dhanush
vijay s sivakathikeyan
.Samrata. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
earlier i like siva  but now i say both are my favorite

somebody criticize siva for his similar script but i can say its all entertainment to watch,we completely refreshed after watching his movies,

vijay is hardworker ,good roll model to everyone becoz there is trend once if u supporting always u be supporting but he broke such a concept
without industry background both siva and vijay achieve this height
i thing after rajni-kamal ,my fav pair should be siva-vijay