Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

supercool3

Viewbie

supercool3

Nonchalant CC Captain

Posted: 19 May 2014 at 8:58am | IP Logged
I think out of the newer lot of actors, Vijay Sethupathi and Sivakarthikeyan are definitely the most popular. The likes of Vikram Prabhu and Gautam Karthik are still behind.

While Vijay S. has gathered fans through his off-beat films, like NKPK, Soodhu Kavvum, etc, Sivakarthikeyan has a lot of fans from his days as a TV personality.

Both aren't necessarily doing the same type of movies, but they do seem like they are the ones that are mostly in demand.

Personally, I slightly lean more towards Siva. But Vijay S. is definitely becoming a favourite now as well.

Who is your favourite - Sivakarthikeyan or Vijay Sethupathi?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

DarknessVisible-Raichu--Navetha-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Vijay Sethupathi or Sivakarthikeyan?" in Sensational South forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

..N3rDyM0R0N..

IF-Dazzler

..N3rDyM0R0N..

Posted: 25 May 2014 at 10:42am | IP Logged
Vijay  is a better actor   while Siva is a better entertainer ...
I have a soft corner for Siva since his anchoring days, so it is him for me Big smileBig smile

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

AahaanaZindagi-Samrata-Swetha-supercool3-Raichu--Navetha-

__VJ__

IF-Rockerz

__VJ__

Posted: 28 May 2014 at 2:06am | IP Logged
For me itz vijay sethupathi... am glad he happened to tamil cinema for giving life to cinema as an art by nuanced performances, for choosing off beat themes and standing by it, for giving chances to new nd young directors going by script value rather than star or $ value.

I think i would be an outcast here coz i liked sivakarthikeyan more in tv screen rather than silver screen not that am undermining him as an actor
hope it changes in future as he develops overall finesse...

Edited by __VJ__ - 28 May 2014 at 2:17am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Aahaanasupercool3-Nakshatra--Raichu--Navetha-

Aahaana

Global Moderator

Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 28 May 2014 at 2:35am | IP Logged
I do like both...Vijay has showed scope for acting...Siva has been entertaining us...its early to say anything but I do believe Vijay has shown he can act in any types of roles. Siva should pick up good script where he can show his acting ability. 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-supercool3..N3rDyM0R0N..-Nakshatra--Navetha-

_keertu_

IF-Sizzlerz

_keertu_

Posted: 28 May 2014 at 5:31am | IP Logged
for me its siva...
i like him from TV daysWink

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

supercool3-Navetha-

-Nakshatra-

IF-Rockerz

-Nakshatra-

Posted: 28 May 2014 at 6:28am | IP Logged
Vijay Sethupathi as an actor and Siva as an anchor or an entertainer. Siva is yet to do an offbeat or a serious role. 

Edited by -Nakshatra- - 28 May 2014 at 6:25am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

supercool3-Navetha-

DarknessVisible

IF-Dazzler

DarknessVisible

Posted: 26 July 2014 at 7:56am | IP Logged
It is always Siva for me! I'm his fan right from when he did TV shows!Embarrassed

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Navetha-

Smiles-20

IF-Rockerz

Smiles-20

Posted: 26 July 2014 at 6:54pm | IP Logged
Vijay Sethupathi started his film career way before Shiva, the media has been comparing both of them which I find weird sometimes and on Koffee with DD they try to bring his name as often as they can.
Both are super talented and great people!  

The first time I saw Shiva was in Boys vs Girls and he has great comic timing. 

I would have to pick Vijay Sethupathi though just for the roles he does and looking at his career graph, he's put a lot of solo effort into what he does.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha--Nakshatra--Navetha-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top