Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Daughters: A Boon Or A Bane!!! (Page 4)

desi_chick05 IF-Dazzler
desi_chick05
desi_chick05

Posted: 14 September 2006 at 4:37pm | IP Logged
Nice topic!Big smile

•   Are women still considered inferior to men?
i dont think so now-a-dayz but its soo weird...cuz my granma and other ppl get all exited if someone had a baby boy an all sad if its a baby girlConfused mujhe toh koi farak nahi nazar aata.... i mean im like a hardcore feminist...lolTongue and i hate it when ppl say...bechara/bechari has 4 gurlz..... if that person had 4 boys they wouldnt be saying bechareConfusedOuch i actually think girlz are somewhat better because they're caring....aur ghar ka sara kaam karte hai =)

Why is the girl child shunned by society while the boy is looked upon as the sole torch bearer for the family?

i think its because when we grow up... girlz get married off and go live with their husbandz family.... but guys get married and stay with their family [most of the time] and i guess parents are just worried they wont have anywhere to goConfused i dont knw lol
or maybe its because guys are considered stronger than girlz and their parents trust them to go out by themselves a lot and they can get jobs at an early ageConfused like my cuzin is 19 an shes still not allowed to ride tha bus alone after 8Ouch but her lil bro is 15 and he goes on buses all tha time an comez bak at 11Confusedwhich is really unfair....

angelsgurl IF-Rockerz
angelsgurl
angelsgurl

Posted: 14 September 2006 at 6:43pm | IP Logged
-- Are women still considered inferior to men?
in ma family we are two sisters and i dun remember a time we wern't allowed to do stuff.. ofcourse since we are girls we HAVE TO TAKE EXTRA CARE and there are times after which we shud be home and thats for our own good.. guys these days are soo bad u never know what they can do.. but there are parts in india where women are still considered inferior to men and till those women do not voice der opinions and get together noone can help them.

Why is there an increasing number of dowry deaths and feticide in the country today??
This usually happens in the villages where ladies do whatever they are asked to... i do not think that if these women tried to protest once gettin together.. dey wud have any problems.. but to do tht u need courage.. which not all the ladies have.. men are gettin more cruel and greedy by the day and very soon dey shud be taught a lesson.. Angry

Why is the girl child shunned by society while the boy is looked upon as the sole torch bearer for the family??
a few ppl "think" tht gurls cant study or do nythin tht a guy does.. but thtzz soo wrong... most of da successful ppl today are women... dey are walkin shoulder to shoulder wid men or even ahead.. n nuh even a minute to i feel bad to be a gurll.. m sucha proud gurl and shall awayz be.. Big smile
JinK IF-Rockerz
JinK
JinK

Posted: 15 September 2006 at 6:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by angelsgurl

-- Are women still considered inferior to men?
in ma family we are two sisters and i dun remember a time we wern't allowed to do stuff.. ofcourse since we are girls we HAVE TO TAKE EXTRA CARE and there are times after which we shud be home and thats for our own good.. guys these days are soo bad u never know what they can do.. but there are parts in india where women are still considered inferior to men and till those women do not voice der opinions and get together noone can help them.

Why is there an increasing number of dowry deaths and feticide in the country today??
This usually happens in the villages where ladies do whatever they are asked to... i do not think that if these women tried to protest once gettin together.. dey wud have any problems.. but to do tht u need courage.. which not all the ladies have.. men are gettin more cruel and greedy by the day and very soon dey shud be taught a lesson.. Angry

Why is the girl child shunned by society while the boy is looked upon as the sole torch bearer for the family??
a few ppl "think" tht gurls cant study or do nythin tht a guy does.. but thtzz soo wrong... most of da successful ppl today are women... dey are walkin shoulder to shoulder wid men or even ahead.. n nuh even a minute to i feel bad to be a gurll.. m sucha proud gurl and shall awayz be.. Big smile

CryI'm feeling very hurt to see these generalized comments on boys.
SolidSnake IF-Rockerz
SolidSnake
SolidSnake

Posted: 15 September 2006 at 8:12am | IP Logged
Just saw a disgusting piece of news on Star News (I was watching the TV from my room so couldn't hear anything). One couple had threw their newly born daughter in a ditch bec'se she was a girl, fortunately she was saved...they showed the baby. It was horrible, she was crying with pain, had bandages on her palms..bruises on legs, cut on face, I mean it was horrible. Ouch And why can't media people leave the baby alone. Usse waise hi itna pain thaa aur woh log apna camera/lighting chalaa rahe they. Angry

What should be done with the such parents? Angry
SolidSnake IF-Rockerz
SolidSnake
SolidSnake

Posted: 15 September 2006 at 8:35am | IP Logged

http://www.ndtv.com/morenews/showmorestory.asp?category=Nati onal&slug=Two-day+old+baby+girl+abandoned&id=93153

Print this page Two-day old baby girl abandoned in Patiala

Kulwant Singh/Braj Mohan Singh

Watch story Two-day old baby girl abandoned in Patiala

Thursday, September 14, 2006 (Patiala):

A two-day-old baby girl has been found sandwiched between two walls near Patiala. The baby is miraculously alive.

Soon after being born, she was thrown into an eight-foot deep space between two walls in Phulkian Enclave and left to die.

Presently, she is recovering from her trauma even though the road to recovery is painful.

"When the child was brought in, her condition was bad, she had low temperature. But now her condition has improved a lot," said Dr Deepak Kumar, Rajindra Hospital.

Davinder Kumar had rushed to the rescue of the baby and after informing the police, he broke down one of the walls that had her trapped. Now, he wants to adopt her.

"We pulled out bricks one by one. By God's grace the child was safe. I put my hands in and pulled out the child. It is a girl.

"If someone adopts her, then its okay otherwise I will keep her. I have two more children, I can raise another one too," said Davinder Kumar, rescuer.

"We have registered a case against the child's parents. Investigations are on and we will soon find out who the parents are," said Harpreet Singh, SHO, Tripuri Police Station.

Inquiry on

The Patiala police are making enquiring at various nursing homes to try and find her parents but it's an uphill task.

Punjab has been witness to some of the most gruesome cases of female infanticide, most recently, the shocking discovery of the well of shame in Patiala into which dozens of female foetuses had been thrown.

One can only hope that this baby's rescue is the beginning of a change in mindset in Punjab.

realitybites Moderator
realitybites
realitybites

Posted: 15 September 2006 at 9:01am | IP Logged

Originally posted by SREE

• Are women still considered inferior to men?

Yes unfortunately they are. The social perspective is belittling. Men are regarded as the bread earners so their labor is given more value than the work done by a woman at home. The argument from men being household work is an easy job.  Then physically men are stronger so in labor intensive situations women do need help. Mentally I believe there is not much difference both can be equally genius or dumb.

•  Why is there an increasing number of dowry deaths and feticide in the country today?

There are increasing no. of dowry deaths and female infanticide & foeticide becoz of the social paradigm. The evil of dowry lends credence to easy money for men or their fly's and here starts the never ending game of greed. Poor parents are unable to dolt out money and rich ones get avaricious. Such is the height that some parents are exacting and take it as granted that the money spent on boy's needs and education need to be reimbursed by girl's parents.

•  Why is the girl child shunned by society while the boy is looked upon as the sole torch bearer for the family?

Here the Vedas are to be blamed too for harboring the belief that a man's soul cannot rest in peace till his son lights his pyre. There was an article abt this in TOI arnd 3 yrs back wherein they had published sections clarifying this. The article stated that a blood relative shd complete the last rites and the custom had started as a mark of respect to the dead body. With time this was contoured and now this has led to mad rush for male child. And of course the adage that only male heirs continue the fly name.

Somewhere women have themselves to blame for denigrating their own kinds in most demeaning ways. It's a grave social problem and the society needs to awaken before more states turn into situation like Punjab, which underlines the barbaric nature of Indian society.

Tani91 IF-Sizzlerz
Tani91
Tani91

Posted: 15 September 2006 at 5:29pm | IP Logged
Are women still considered inferior to men?

yes.A woman has to do so man things,be a good daughter,a carign wife a loving mother,an ideal sister and a satisfying dughter-in-law.But men think that htye have the toughest job in the world...but it is that woman has the most difficult,and toughest job in the world...she has to do all of this and still serve her house or husband.....and she is tired by the ned of the day.....she has to wake up the earliest in the morning wake up her kids and her husband...prepare breakfast and then everyone goes off without saying any word of thanks to her.Yet men treat her like she's nothing.As shown in TKTG MLS thinks that men should dominate women...but the truth is that without women men are nothing

• Why is there an increasing number of dowry deaths and feticide in the country today??
    I dont know much about this...but I thought that dowry's were illegal

• Why is the girl child shunned by society while the boy is looked upon as the sole torch bearer for the family??

Because one day a women has to go and get married....for parents she may be the perfect little princess or a burden to keep till she gets to marriyng age.Because most times we hear "Betiyan to pariyai hai"(daughters are strangers afterall)and the son has to remain with the parents for the rest of his life

scarletteblue IF-Sizzlerz
scarletteblue
scarletteblue

Posted: 16 September 2006 at 11:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kisnakiradha

Originally posted by indianhomey1992

Originally posted by kisnakiradha

wow great discussion

it was funny though, replies from "Princess" and "indianhomey1992" were so similar that i had to chek who was writing many times! LOL

LOLsrry i didn't mean 2 do dat!Embarrassed...just came out like dat!....i hadn't even read princesses' post soEmbarrassed 

LoL yeh, thats why it was so scary! LOLLOL you guys must be connected some way or another! hehehehe

btw both ur points made a lot of sense! Clap

thankzz....yh wen u think about it...it is scary!LOL

Go to top