Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Do we essentially change? (Page 2)

DonnaHarvey IF-Sizzlerz
DonnaHarvey
DonnaHarvey

Posted: 01 July 2014 at 12:34pm | IP Logged
with the basic assumption that personality is an equal mix of genetics and experiences, already half of us is always shifting and developing as we learn. on top of that, we got epigenetics where environmental factors can also modify our genes. so yes, I would say we change. and by that definition, we are not the same people we were a few years ago. we have probably retained some inherited traits but to that we have added years of experiences, colored and otherwise. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

SmritiKathaPreternatural

AppleCider Senior Member

Posted: 02 July 2014 at 7:53am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

SmritiKatha

Angel-likeDevil IF-Sizzlerz
Angel-likeDevil
Angel-likeDevil

Posted: 18 August 2014 at 6:10am | IP Logged
Yes we do. We do essentially change. Inside and outside. Changes on the inside manifest on outside too.

I dont know if change is the way of life... I havent seen many of my childhood friends change much, they're still the same, almost. But there are few that show tremendous changes. Everyone has their share of experiences in life... some people just change more, internally that also reflects externally. I see it is the sensitive lot that change more. Sensitive as in, people who take life seriously, who can accept responsibility for their actions, who have clarity and a focus on their life, who can be original, honest and sincere to themselves.

Change is good, if it's a positive one... if it's for your betterment. Change in the way you think, learn, change in your attitude, approach towards life, in the way you face challenges, problems, and just change in your very mentality, and approach to everything - I think, must evolve as one grows and gains experiences. The soul may be the same, but, I think there'll be changes emotionally, mentally, and behaviourally. Ultimately, a  change is seen when a person wants his quality of life to improve.

Edited by Angel-likeDevil - 18 August 2014 at 6:06am

SmritiKatha

.McFlurry. Goldie
.McFlurry.
.McFlurry.

Posted: 21 August 2014 at 3:00am | IP Logged
dig deep into yourself and think of all the years you have lived you will find answer. 

Angel-likeDevil

SIR.MEOWINGTON IF-Stunnerz
SIR.MEOWINGTON
SIR.MEOWINGTON

Posted: 18 September 2014 at 5:14am | IP Logged
It's human nature to evolve, change and adapt.
If we don't, we shall remain stagnant and probably miss out on better things in life and also probably experiencing the much more better side of us.

zorrro

.enigma IF-Rockerz
.enigma
.enigma

Posted: 17 October 2014 at 10:19am | IP Logged
As you delve deeper in life and are exposed to the complexities of life, you ultimately change but change doesn't necessarily means amelioration. I for one have gone through a lot of changes in myself as I introspect and contemplate myself and the world that surrounds me and have eventually grown thick skins around. Maybe it is not change that you go through and is merely adaptation but the point remains firm.
epiphany. IF-Sizzlerz
epiphany.
epiphany.

Crazy Creative Minion

Posted: 17 October 2014 at 11:06pm | IP Logged
We are supposed to grow up really, and many of us do. Life also throws changes of circumstance in our way and we adapt. But even after being used to adapting to newer things and labels and situations, inevitably so, we only change within our biological and psychological limits. We're always growing into a more defined version of ourselves, if you will. Lot of things can be changed but then those basics ones, not them. So, do we essentially ever change? No.

Edited by epiphany. - 17 October 2014 at 11:06pm

.hea.

zorrro Goldie
zorrro
zorrro

Posted: 17 October 2014 at 11:23pm | IP Logged
It would be difficult not to change.

Go to top