Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

DonnaHarvey

IF-Sizzlerz

DonnaHarvey

Posted: 01 July 2014 at 12:34pm | IP Logged
with the basic assumption that personality is an equal mix of genetics and experiences, already half of us is always shifting and developing as we learn. on top of that, we got epigenetics where environmental factors can also modify our genes. so yes, I would say we change. and by that definition, we are not the same people we were a few years ago. we have probably retained some inherited traits but to that we have added years of experiences, colored and otherwise. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

SmritiKathaAbray

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Do we essentially change? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

AppleCider

AppleCider

Posted: 02 July 2014 at 7:53am | IP Logged

Change is constant. I believe change is possible, but only if we self-analyze, self-reflect and we take responsibility of own actions and our own mistakes do we essentially change. I think only under extreme circumstances do we essentially change in life otherwise we don't quite change. Our habits may change, but our behavior essentially remains the same. For instance if you have a tendency to lash out when you're angry, then you will continue to do so regardless of how much others tell you not to.

So far I have never seen anyone change much. There are minor changes here and there due to circumstances and experiences, but for the most part most people remain the same.  

Edited by AppleCider - 02 July 2014 at 7:50am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

SmritiKatha

Angel-likeDevil

IF-Sizzlerz

Angel-likeDevil

Posted: 18 August 2014 at 6:10am | IP Logged
Yes we do. We do essentially change. Inside and outside. Changes on the inside manifest on outside too.

I dont know if change is the way of life... I havent seen many of my childhood friends change much, they're still the same, almost. But there are few that show tremendous changes. Everyone has their share of experiences in life... some people just change more, internally that also reflects externally. I see it is the sensitive lot that change more. Sensitive as in, people who take life seriously, who can accept responsibility for their actions, who have clarity and a focus on their life, who can be original, honest and sincere to themselves.

Change is good, if it's a positive one... if it's for your betterment. Change in the way you think, learn, change in your attitude, approach towards life, in the way you face challenges, problems, and just change in your very mentality, and approach to everything - I think, must evolve as one grows and gains experiences. The soul may be the same, but, I think there'll be changes emotionally, mentally, and behaviourally. Ultimately, a  change is seen when a person wants his quality of life to improve.

Edited by Angel-likeDevil - 18 August 2014 at 6:06am

SmritiKatha

.McFlurry.

Goldie

.McFlurry.

Posted: 21 August 2014 at 3:00am | IP Logged
dig deep into yourself and think of all the years you have lived you will find answer. 

Angel-likeDevil

SIR.MEOWINGTON

IF-Sizzlerz

SIR.MEOWINGTON

Posted: 18 September 2014 at 5:14am | IP Logged
It's human nature to evolve, change and adapt.
If we don't, we shall remain stagnant and probably miss out on better things in life and also probably experiencing the much more better side of us.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top