Debate Mansion

Do we essentially change?

Pirated_Fun thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago
Change i.e. "Paribortan"/"Badlav".
How we all change -from childhood to adult to old.Even society gives us so many labels.Daughter,Sister,Friend,Girlfriend,Wife,mother etc.But All these changes are on superficial level.But do we we essentially change?Really want to know the answer

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Forever-KA thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Learning, experiencing, environment, happenings can all lead to changes such as adjustment, adaptation in our behavior and how we live. Therefore we not only change in appearance but in our behavior as well.

Having said that every person has certain qualities/traits where they are less likely to change.  Maybe the threshold is higher there or is not there to change.

Overall I think we have the capacity to change and most do change in part if not whole.
Edited by King-Anu - 9 years ago
qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
i feel you never change... you just start acting like what people expect of you!!!!
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: qwertyesque

i feel you never change... you just start acting like what people expect of you!!!!

Yes agree...👍🏼, people never change, they just learn how to act / behave in public...

Last time someone comes up to asking for change,I say "change comes from within" he looked stunned.😛
Edited by Vinzy - 9 years ago
piggie thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Change...
Not actually.. Everything around us changes and we just try to adapt to it... Which may appear like a change on outside to others.
We never change..it's just our ways to handle matters change...

--arti-- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
We are capable of profound self-transformation which can also lead to collective transformation of the world around us. Both kinds of transformation are inter-linked, and influence each other in powerful ways. As a result of either kind of transformation, both the individual and the collective are continuously changing.

That's not to say everyone transforms in that way. Some people just go through life without meaningful transformation, though some level of at least superficial change is inevitable. But there's always hope. Without that, I don't really see the point of living.
-bLEu98- thumbnail
Transformation occurs. It's not like an instant metamorphosis, but over the years we do change as a person through our experiences, retrospection, introspection, self-realisation... But I'm not sure if that change occurs with respect to these domestic relations. 🤔
These are tags given by the society, changes occur on an individual level. For instance, I definitely think differently than the 13 year old me. But I still consider marriage pointless, so the role in the family hasn't or won't change with the changes in me, as a person.
Preternatural thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Life teaches us many thing. Sometimes we are compelled/forced by the circumstances to change ourselves. It's upto us how we deal with it or react to it.Edited by Abray - 9 years ago
DonnaHarvey thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
with the basic assumption that personality is an equal mix of genetics and experiences, already half of us is always shifting and developing as we learn. on top of that, we got epigenetics where environmental factors can also modify our genes. so yes, I would say we change. and by that definition, we are not the same people we were a few years ago. we have probably retained some inherited traits but to that we have added years of experiences, colored and otherwise. 

Change is constant. I believe change is possible, but only if we self-analyze, self-reflect and we take responsibility of own actions and our own mistakes do we essentially change. I think only under extreme circumstances do we essentially change in life otherwise we don't quite change. Our habits may change, but our behavior essentially remains the same. For instance if you have a tendency to lash out when you're angry, then you will continue to do so regardless of how much others tell you not to.

So far I have never seen anyone change much. There are minor changes here and there due to circumstances and experiences, but for the most part most people remain the same.  

Edited by AppleCider - 9 years ago