Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ChhalkiSyaahi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
Got some information about Chauhan dynasty. It is not about Prithviraj Chauhan but about what happened to his family after his death. So thought of posting it here.

The Kosalananda Kavya depicts the history of Chauhan rule in western Orissa or Kosal region. In particular, it defaced the reality of the political conditions of Chauhan rulers of Patna (now Balangir) and Sambalpur area. It describe that the founder of Chauhan rule in Patnagarh was Ramai Dev who belonged to the family of Prithvi Raj Chauhan of Delhi. After death and defeat of Prithvi Raj Chauhan in Delhi by Muhammad Ghori a few members of his family escaped to a place called Manipuri ( a place in Uttar Pradesh) and established a small kingdom there.

It was described that the Chauhan king of Manipuri was killed by a Muslim ruler. However, his wife who was pregnant at that time managed to escape to the South Kosal tract or western Orissa. She was given sheltered at Patnagarh or Balangir and gave birth to Ramai Dev. Later Ramai Dev defeated Ashta Mallika,the then ruler and the feudatory chiefs under Ganga Vamsi kings of Orissa and established Chauhan kingdom in Patnagath (now Balangir). According to Kosalananda Kavya Ramai Dev was married to a Ganga Vamsi princess, the daughter of Gajapati's brother. Ramai Dev also build the Pataneswari temple who subsequently became the presiding deity of Chauhans.

This Kavya also describe the temple city of Sonepur as the second Varanasi of India. It states that Sonepur came under the Chauhans during the days of Ramai dev.Earlier Sonepur was ruled by Bhanja Vamsi kings and releated to Khijjinga Mandala.Pandit Gangadhara Mishra states that there were numerous temples at Sonepur prior to the Chauhan rule.Sonepur was the regional hub of Ganga Vamsi,Keshari/Soma Vamsi Kings of OrisaaA
A_for_Arpita thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: vd_bigfan

Oh ya...hw cn i forget sanjam's death...dat ws heart wrenching yr😭...both rajat n mehul rocked in it
N apart frm dat i also cried wen prithvi n sanyo met in d cave during d misunderstanding track n both of dem didn't talk to each other...dat ws by far d best scene enacted by rajat mugdha wer dey had a silent conversation through der eyes
Love dem n miss those days so much😭
U can't evn think hw happy i m ryt nw dat finally i m able to discuss abt my fav prithvi-sanyo after 8 long years...thnq so much fr creating dis thread😃

N abt writings, i wud love to read some analysis of der love story potrayed onscreen😳

You Are Most Welcome Dear,

Actually That Time Unfortunately Analysing Ka Chalan Nehi Tha So Peoples Used To Have Simple Discussions Only,

You Know What Whenever I Makes Some Analysing Posts On On-Going Serials, I Feel Realy Bad Ki Kash Kash Koi RTMC Forum Hota Where I Can Make Posts On Them!

But I Made Some Analysis Posts On PRC, Raat Ko Dhundke Post Karti Hnu!
A_for_Arpita thumbnail
Originally posted by: PrincessFlavia

<font color="#006600">Hey Arpita,</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#006600">
</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#006600">I promised you and here I am.😊</font>
</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#006600">After all, nothing can stop me when it is about PRC and MuRat.</font>
</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#006600">Nice thread... very well made. And yes, I know how much time and patience it takes to make a global thread... so I can appreciate the amount of hard work you have put into it. And well, this is a success. After all, there has to be a first time for everything.</font>
</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#006600">Very well done with the write up Apoorva. It is so well written. You should write more.</font>
</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#006600">Great job...👏👏👏</font>

Thank You So Much, n Thanks For Sharing Historical Stuffs 😃
vd_bigfan thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Arpimugfan

You Are Most Welcome Dear,

Actually That Time Unfortunately Analysing Ka Chalan Nehi Tha So Peoples Used To Have Simple Discussions Only,

You Know What Whenever I Makes Some Analysing Posts On On-Going Serials, I Feel Realy Bad Ki Kash Kash Koi RTMC Forum Hota Where I Can Make Posts On Them!

But I Made Some Analysis Posts On PRC, Raat Ko Dhundke Post Karti Hnu!

Oh haan...koi baat nhi...aap aaram se dhund kr post kr dena...thnx a ton arpi di😳
A_for_Arpita thumbnail

What An Amazing Scene It Was!
A_for_Arpita thumbnail
arsafar thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
WOW What a lovely thread...8 LONG YEARS...

I loved the show and more of all i loved the young couple "Jangli Billi" and "Bigra Raies"...and their friends...there are no friends like them... <3

I Love the beginning so much that i actually watched re-runs when they showed on SkyArts here in the UK...amazing show...and nothing could and would ever replace it...

Thanks for the thread...hoping to see them work together again in the near future...

OmkaraKiParvati thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Happy 8th anniversary to the greatest historical show ever DHARTI KA VEER YODHA PRITHVIRAJ CHAUHAN
Missing the evergreen jodi Rajat-Mugdha.. The best jodi ever in the whole wide world..
Rajat-Mugdha will always remain in our hearts as THE BEST JODI EVER...
rabitaarey thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Thank you soo muchh dear for making this thread 

ita amazing dear 

HAPPY 8 ANNIVERSARY TO ALL THE PRC FANS 

Tsuyashi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
😳

its been so many years and lag hi nhi rha ki bahut saal ho gye ... the episodes our RT MC magical pair❤️ <3 <3 
GOsh Wish PRC is remade by Sagar arts with the same castt !! 
fingers crossed !!!