Views

Users

Frequent Posters

priya.KI thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Chapter 10:  "She's in pain and I am her only friend."

Jai's p.o.v:

Everything was gracious today, like some wish came true, after a long time I feel myself out of misery, it's like am totally alive this moment, I look back once again towards the place she sits, her eyes cheerfully gazing something, I follow her line of gaze and notice Roy and Jiya dancing like it's their last dance, they indeed make an adorable couple,

"Those drinks for me?" I hear a familiar girl voice hush at my ears,

I turn abruptly at her direction and voila!

"Ayesha?" I cough, almost in shock

"Oh! C'mon at least you could pretend to be happy to see me" she giggles and steps closer, I force back a smile, still shocked,

Desperate much?

"Deadpan" she whispers laughing crazily

"What?"

"Your features" she explains and steps backwards, she sways her brown hair back and places her hands on either side of her hips, she wears a really short frock like always, but she does look good like always too.

"Sexy right?" she comments while she sees me checking her out, her voice seems closer?

"Thanks, I know I am" I retort quickly with a smirk, and lean away from her,

"I was talking about me, duh-!" her face falls

"Oh!" I grin looking past behind her,

How I love winning over this bimbos,

I notice some people entering yet, colorful lasers playing about the room,

"Still the same obnoxious you are huh?" her voice comes way more irritant now; she now comes closer and locks her arms along my neck, "so heard your single? I always knew you would eventually get bored of that boring doll"

Boring doll?

"Exactly!" I fake a laugh pushing her away, "you very well know why I left you then, little boring doll" I comment at her and then roll my eyes at her,

"What?" she complains obviously feeling insulted, "I was talking about Keya" she explains with a unpleased expressison,

Such a bimbo!

I simply roll my eyes again, "what brings you here? Since I clearly remember you leaving this college"

"Just wanted to meet you, I..."

"all of a sudden?" I cut her, " Oh c'mon spit the truth already" I demand losing my temper

"Really...to meet you" she says pressing each word, "see I realize my mistakes, and am sorry for those, I am a changed person now, and I still like you..."

She sounds honest, be nice, my mind speaks.

"If you want to be friends am okay, other than that, am sorry" I blabber and turn to walk away,

"Friends then!" she calls up

Ugh...!!

I sigh and turn to her, I really have no idea what she's up to but I really don't care her position in my life, so let be it,

"ok" I say "now if you excuse me" I turn swiftly away and walk back to where Keya sits, I feel my body calm instantly as I remember her, I take long steps to reach her soon but to my dismay her seat is empty,

"Keya?" I call looking around, but she's no way around, where did she go?

I walk hastily to Jiya

"No, did not see her" she answers, her voice low and worried, "let's go and look for her" she speaks looking at Roy who immediately nods in approval,

"Guys guys" I stop them "I can search her, she might be somewhere around, you people continue" I wink  

"Are you sure" they both ask, easily tensed for their buddy,

"very much" I assure honestly and jump off the stage, I walk into several people asking about her, but none of them seem to know where she is, I press the skin between my eyes and gasp loudly, where did she disappear suddenly, she could let me know at least, I find rage building in me instantly, my body feels hollow and empty missing her embrace,

"She was with Roshan a while ago" a girl responds, my insides blaze fumingly,

With Roshan...? What? What is that desperate idiot doing with her?

"meet Roshan, he's a close friend" I remember her voice from the day she introduced him to me, for some reason his eyes seem challenging to me, as if he was throwing a challenge, what for but?

Later I got to know from some friends that he holds a crush on Keya, but Keya was oblivious to that fact, every time they were together (though never alone, there would be Jiya always) my insides used to burn, after all she's mine, only mine and I am very possessive for her,

We had tons of fights, now you people may think that we fought where I was the one complaining her to be away from him, but no, it was her fighting with me asking to let out if I had any problem with their friendship, and I never told her, because I did not want to be that kind of boy-friend, I trusted her, I had issues with Roshan not her,

I let out a huge sigh and settle on the seat where she sat, I imagine her soft structure beside me,

I trust you Keya, and now I don't have any right to stop you talking with anyone, I don't have any right,

I sigh at my fate, how much I want her and yet how I cannot have her.

I have my reasons.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keya's p.o.v:

I sniff in disgust at the pungent smell that surrounds us, yew! I surely did ask Roshan to take me somewhere far from Jai, but not where I could die breathing something so indecent, I watch the dull color around the stair-case, spider webs, and some insects humans might be alien to,

God what's that freakish insect?

"Yeeek...!" I squeal loudly as the sight of a tiny insect before me, and because am on the edge of the step I slip losing my grip, I wait for the coming fall,

My third fracture finally,

but no instead of falling I find myself tightly held by someone, I open my eyes slowly as I rub my nose and sneeze out the dust, I so hate dust and creepy crawlies...

"Keya... are you so suicidal?" I hear a voice shout right in my years, I quickly cover my ears and turn to him,

Oh god! I would have gone deaf

I completely forgot that Rosh was carrying me, the sudden proximity between us made my heart jump out, I have never been so close with him, and as if he can decipher my thoughts he leans closer making me congested than usual, I instantly jump off his hold and shoot him a disgusted look as I dust myself,

"What?" he asks grinning like an idiot, okay! Am not a feminist not a scared chicken but c'mon I have a problem to be close to other guys, it just sickens me to be touchy touchy all the time, I set my fists as I look back at him, "oh no! Don't punch me, please! No!" he speaks faking fear, and when I don't answer he laughs quietly,

As long as you are maintaining quite much a distance I can guarantee your proper face design remains constant,

"Oh hello!" he calls in a mocking voice as he nears me, "don't forget you would have a broken posture if I didn't have caught you" he explains honestly as if he could hear all my thoughts,

Is he Edward? Or am I so easily readable?

"I know, that's why, I didn't smash you yet" I answer as I roll my eyes, "and I can take care of myself, I don't need any knight with a shining armor" I say and set my jaw,

"Okay madam, okay!" he stops me with his palms, "follow me now"

"Why are we going through this trash can anyway?" I groan as I stump my feet forward, carefully so that I may not squash some creepy crawly,

"the only way to terrace" he answers and stops to look back at me, my face hits his front, and I quickly fall back with my most disgusted looks, he laughs before continuing "but if you want to walk through random people making out and sucking each other face's lets walk through the other stairs"

"No!" I immediately shout and walk front taking the lead, better sneaky insects than out-of-control-teenagers...

"Just what I thought" he comments following me,

After my careful walk, and a lots of -yuck- expressions we reach the terrace and I feel relieved to see that it's completely deserted,

"Here...!" Rosh calls, his finger pointing at a broken wall,

I dance my way to it and bend slowly studying the distance between us and the ground floor, could.easily.die.hence.stay.behind.

"Don't tell me you're planning to push me from here, not that you could do that though"

Good idea! I have never seen a body smashing to the ground.

"Be careful for what you say, and shut up and sit before I really push you" I scoff raising my eye-brows, such a bitch I can be at times,

He surprises me by simply sitting beside me, of-course at a decent distance away, he dusts his hands as he gets absorbed in the sky above us, I never watched his features exactly before, his nicely trimmed beard, sharp nose, dark eyes, dark spiky hair, and very pink lips,

Handsome huh!

Next I gaze down at his muscled hands that are easily exposed from his tee, looks good actually, how did I never notice before that Rosh looks incredibly hot,

"Ahem ahem" he coughs for my attention, I flinch away embarrassed as I scratch my neck side and jaw line, "ahem ahem" he coughs again,

"What?" I ask and purse my lips,

"If you were some other girl I would have actually thought you were checking me out" he laughs confidently as he scratches the behind of his neck, and he blushes,

Shouldn't I be the one blushing here?

"Whatever" I mutter slowly,

I feel relieved when he drops the topic and starts talking about his family, his friends, his old school and his list of failure girl-friends, I laugh at all his stories since they sound funny than romantic, he's such a kid.

"So how did you guys meet?" he asks out of nowhere,

"um...?" I look at him skeptically,

"You and Jai" he explains, "I never got to know how you people met, what's your story, what were you like romantic or angry birds? So tell me" he asks jumping up and sitting to face me, just like a kid who waits for granny stories,

"We were definitely different" I answer blushing,

We were very different...

and he is about to speak when the sudden change in the music interrupts, down' song by Jay Sean playing, I find myself moving along with the beats and I look up to see Rosh moving too,

"I love this song, it's my favorite" he smiles gaily and continues moving,

Did you hear down? by Jay? I love it' his voice echoes in my head, indeed its Jai's favorite, I can bet he must be throwing his best moves right now, he isn't any professional but a free-styler,

I wish I was with him now, my heart speaks

But he's not alone, he's with Ayesha, my brain interrupts,

I don't think he is with him, he's not someone like that, my heart retorts

Oh yeah, then why was he hugging her? My brain shoots back,

He's a warm person who tries to be nice to everyone, my heart roars now

I feel guilt take over me,

How could I leave him alone without knowing anything, on his birthday? How cruel I am?

"You okay?" Rosh asks, I shake away my thoughts as I nod at him,

How cruel I am? How inconsiderate, why did I ever not think before doing anything? I hate myself,

Jai...

I imagine Jai searching for me and then crash a seat somewhere in the corner; he must be angry, furious.

"...and kissed?...you listening?" Rosh calls again, his hand shaking my shoulder,

"...uh...! Sorry... I was lost a little, wait please" I explain as I pull my mobile out from my clutch, I bet on whether or not to call Jai, what if he doesn't lift, what if he does, what if he hates me...

"you should call him" Rosh startles me, I lick my lips as I shoot him a -how-do-you-know- look "it shows on your face" he shrugs and continues "don't be guilty it's my fault, I shouldn't have brought..."

I stop him right then as another wave of guilt passes me, not only have I left Jai alone, I hurt Rosh too, he was just being nice to me,

"don't be please, am not feeling guilty to come here with you, am feeling guilty to leave Jai alone, that too on his birthday" I explain, my face falling, Jai... He's everything to me and I cannot see his sad face,

"Oh" Rosh exclaims, "call him here then" he suggests, his eyes speaks something but,

"Yeah..." I dial his number and after a second of hesitation I hit the call on screen, I touch the phone on my ears, tension builds through me as I hear the dial ringing,  I clench my fist as I wait,

"Hello...<hiccup>!" ha..Ha-ha... hello... hello" Jai's voice comes, and for some reason his voice seems strange,

"Jai...I..."

"Oh Keya! Isn't that you..." his sings and some noise follows by, like he's drinking something,

Is he drunk?

"Jai... are you okay? Hello... <long gap> Jai..."

No answer, I can only hear some voices and then someone takes the call,

"You lost him bitch" I hear a girl say and she hangs up...

What the hell was that?

I quiver and tremble in fear, my body shakes as I try to remember whose voice it is, and I refuse to take her name,

"Keya what happened" Rosh asks as he comes close swiftly and hold my hands slowly; I tremble and blink as I watch the screen remembering what I hear...

"Keya...wha-!"

"Veronica" I answer immediately and his hands brush away from mine,

"What?" he asks in confusion,

"She's here Rosh... and I don't know but Jai sounds very strange... like he is..."

"Drunk?" he guesses, I nod at him as I purse my lips and sniff,

"And she said, you lost him...I don't understand...I...there's Ayesha coming out of nowhere and then Jai hugs her and then now..." I stop suddenly as I figure out something,

"What what?" Rosh asks in confusion...

"Veronica... it was all her plan... Ayesha...and now Jai... he must be wasted totally, we should find him...soon" I get up and run and Rosh follows me,

"What?"

"I'll explain later Rosh"

Another thought strikes me, and I freeze

"What now?" Rosh demands,

"It's a college party Rosh; did you people arrange any hard drinks?" I ask as I look at him skeptically,

"No" he answers instantly, "shit...!" he exclaims as he palms his fore-head, something's bad, very bad...

"What...what ...what...spit it!" I yell losing all my patience

"Inspection..." he murmurs... "dean...he...he hired an inspector to check on us this night" he talks very fast "and any student found drunk is to be expelled" he yells as he walks here and there,

Shit...Jai will be expelled? But hell...how did veronica know all this?

"how did ver-."

"she was with me when I was talking to dean that day, remember that day I asked you as my date" I nod "she was the one who said me to ask you, she said you have a crush on me"

That bitch! And that's why I was wondering how even after knowing me so well Rosh comes and asks me out,

"let's talk this out later, if she wants Jai to be expelled, she must have left him somewhere where the inspector could see him easily, lets search him before and get him out of here...lets...soon" I speak faster, my knees feel numb as we run down the stairs, I don't care if I end up having a spider on my head, I need to save Jai, as we almost reach down I turn to face Rosh "when will the inspector be coming?" I ask

"9.00" he answers looking down helplessly, I switch on my phone screen and gape at the time,

9.20 It reads,

"FASTER.FASTER." I petrify as I run in aghast, Rosh runs the other side and I began searching, it should be easy finding him as he should be visible, I search even more faster as my eyes scan the whole room before me, it's hard to recognize since the lights are very dull, my eyes scan by and horror hits me when I see Jai lip locked with veronica on a seat, a little far from where I am,

That stupid bitch, she's actually kissing him? Really?

I stomp my feet hard as I walk like a monster and shoo her away, she hits the ground and I hear Jai groaning,

"What was th- ha-ha..." he laughs as he rubs his lips, "Keya kiss me again" he yells in his drunken tone, my body stiffens as I realize that he was thinking he was kissing me, and me?

I left him just like that, if only I did not have left, nothing would have happened,

"Jai" I call as I hold his shoulder and try to make him stand, "Jai...we need to leave" I explain as I look in his almost closed eyes... even in such a wasted condition he looks so cute,

"Leave...what? Ha-ha..."

Suddenly Jai is pulled back by someone and I realize its Ver, she shifts his weight on him, but since Jai is shaky she loses control and Jai falls, he's about to hit the ground when Rosh catches him,

"Huff-!" I sigh hard "thanks Rosh, thanks so much" I say honestly

"My plan can't be flopped like this, you can't take him away" I hear Ver groan, "and where's the damn inspector?"

I look past her and secretly signal Rosh to take Jai outside, he nods and rushes away silently,

"What have you done to him?" I ask Ver in my most cold voice, "Because Rosh said there are no drinks tonight and also Jai is not a light drinker"

She laughs her cheeky devil laughs and nears me, "you are right smart pants, I drugged him" she mocks and laughs again,

"You what?" I ask in aghast,

"I.drugged.Jai"

<Slap>

"You know what? Even though you were always nosy between us, I thought you were just jealous since you liked him too, but you drugged him Ver? Seriously? Why? In spite of him being so nice to you, how could you?" I yell as I push her to the wall, and everyone around us begin to watch us now, "how could you do that to Jai?" I demand now

"Because he's mine!" she snaps "if he gets expelled here, I thought I would take him to my college" her eyes turn red,

"You are such a bimbo aren't you?" I smirk loud, she gives me angry glances but I continue "if you drug Jai and he gets caught he could be jailed you bitch" I roar now, if only I lose my gut a little more, am gonna punch her brain out,

"What? I wouldn't let that happen, my father..."

<Slap>

This time it was not me, I look at the person who slaps her, he looks older, and a lot similar to Ver, he wears a black blazer that looks typically official, but who is he?

"Dad?" Ver sniffs slowly,

Dad? Uncle? The Dayanand?

He pulls her along with him, and I follow them curiously, after reaching a place private enough he lets her go,

"How could you do that to Jai Veronica?" he asks in his husky voice, for someone whose so big I wouldn't wonder why he has such a voice, his dark eyes look furious, but why is he here?

"dad I...I...want Jai..." she sniffs calmly, her eyes watery, she walks closer to uncle but he holds her a little away from him, his eyes look sad now, and Ver suddenly seems so younger, under her make-up, she's a little girl for her father,

"I followed you earlier when you didn't let me drop you home, I knew you had a plan, but I did not except it to be so bad Ver" he speaks, his voice painful,

"and then I called up the dean for tonight's details, that's when he said me about the inspector and I knew you were planning to do something really vulnerable" the way he looks at his daughter explains he actually feels guilty, he feels its him behind all this, "you are not worth Jai Veronica" he talks after a while, as if he is having a hard time to speak those words, tears flow through her eyes and she hugs him,

"Dad...but I want Jai...please" she begs as she cries in his embrace, I feel completely paranoid here, and what am I doing here? Again I left Jai alone, I wonder where Rosh took him?

Mr. Dayanand speaks a little while more to his daughter, concern takes place of hate in my heart, and then I remember,

she's a loner Keya' Jai's words strike me,

she has no friends, Mrs. Dayanand left uncle when Ver was just 10 years old, she cheated on him and that brought a lot of mocking on their family, since then she's alone, their relatives were not supportive too and since uncle is very popular, the news spread like fire, but aunty never returned, she's in pain, am her only friend, please let me talk' he begs

I feel very vulnerable on remembering those words, it was not her fault, I snatched away her only friend from her, and she was only trying to get him back,

"Am sorry little girl" I hear, I shake my head in shock and I gaze at him and Ver

"Ver...am sorry" I speak looking down,

"why? I should be...not you" she sniffs,

This is her real face, calm and bubbly girl, if only I would have understood her really,

I strengthen myself and look in her brown eyes, she blinks her eyes as she hugs her dad again,

"I am sorry, I know Jai is your only friend, but we shouldn't forece someone to love us right?" I speak calmly and she nods me to continue "you need to understand that Ver, and you can be his friend forever and mine too"

"really? I can be your friend?" she asks in a very sweet voice, like am gifting a little girl a chocolate box,

"yes" I smile

"thanks but...Jai..."

"Jai will understand, just talk to him, be nice, don't forget he's quite messed up..."

"he misses you Keya" she cuts me "when I drugged him he thought I was you, all he would say is, he misses you and he wants your support, but he cant be with you since he has some reasons"

"Hmmm" I mumble, my heart feeling good and bad at the same time,

"You two are MEANT TO BE" she remarks,

"Thanks" I smile, she smiles and her father looks happy too as they slowly walk away,

I actually feel lighter now, to have such a trauma off my shoulders, I just wish Ver changes for her good,

I forgive you Ver...

<ring> <ring>

I pull out my mobile and notice Rosh's number lightening on my screen, I sigh as I smile and lift the call,

"Yep Rosh?"

"Keya...where the hell are you? He just puked all over me" he exasperates, my body vibrates in laughter as I imagine that,

"come.right.now!" he begs "am at the parking lot" he explains and hangs up,

I laugh light heartedly again as I fasten my steps to the lot,

He puked on Rosh?

L-O-L!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey guys! So how do you like my update? Veronica finally is out of the picture but wait where did Ayesha go? Is she still there? What trouble is she going to cause or is she going to be friendly or is she out of the picture too? And what are Roy and Jiya doing? too busy among themselves?

Lets unwind the mystery in my next update, which will be sooner, and a lot romantic, or I don't know, lol,

Review and rate...

-Priya 

don girls thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
awesome long update 
beautifully written 
update soon 
priya.KI thumbnail

Originally posted by: don girls

awesome long update 

beautifully written 
update soon 

Thanksss 😳
yoyoaishwarya thumbnail
😛 awesome long update
U gave yr best update
As u said ki new things will happen
In new update m waiting
Again an awesome long update
Really good
jadefire01 thumbnail
You honestly want me to keep reading and I really wish it didn't end...
It was beautibubble usual... Keep up the good work!
:D
priya.KI thumbnail

thank youuu
priya.KI thumbnail

Originally posted by: yoyoaishwarya

😛 awesome long update
U gave yr best update
As u said ki new things will happen
In new update m waiting
Again an awesome long update
Really good

awww..!! m so happy that u like ittt 😳

yes there are a lot more things to happen and m very glad that you are looking forward to it..
<yipee>❤️
priya.KI thumbnail

Originally posted by: jadefire01

You honestly want me to keep reading and I really wish it didn't end...

It was beautibubble usual... Keep up the good work!
:D

haha. thanks dear, thats so nice of you to say really...
means a lot to me 😎
honestly you people support means a lottt.. thanksss 😃 
you people help me shine like these happy ⭐️ 
anu_anya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
awesome superb update yar
thanx for pm
continue asap :))
Jess_Ru thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
helo helo i read ur whole story in one go  very nice 👏 do update fast nd pls pm me