Debate Mansion

Discussion: Your opinion on Net Romance (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 7

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 7
Page 4 Page 7

Misfit_

Goldie

Misfit_

Posted: 13 September 2006 at 7:09am | IP Logged
There's obvious dangers, because the fact is that you just never know who you are talking to...granted there's webcams, voice chats, etc...But you never truly know the PERSON sitting behind that monitor...People could fake entire personalities, or there could be just sick minded people on there. So you just have to be extra careful. On the other hand, the net is a good way to meet a lot of people, and I guess it takes a little bit of pressure off people, as opposed to meeting people in real life. I think that at a certain point, all 'net romances' have to translate to real life, coz after all how long can a relationship go through IMs?
There's obvious disadvantages to net romances, but there's some advantages. I guess it just depends upon how careful you are.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Discussion: Your opinion on Net Romance (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

MS.ATTITUDE

Goldie

MS.ATTITUDE

Posted: 13 September 2006 at 10:35am | IP Logged
Army officials said that Patel, 24, and Sharma, 22, got acquainted with Khalid Mumtaz and his brother, who live in Lahore, via the Internet.

Patel claimed they had even "solemnised their marriage" through the Internet. After the Internet chatting, she said, they spoke regularly on phone and had decided to marry.

The couples had first tried the legal route to happily-ever-after, but the denial of visas by the Pakistan embassy disappointed them. Next, they thought, they could try to travel across to the other side as a historic bus service had been started between the two countries.

After a stay at a local hotel - Anand Hotel - in Poonch, Patel and Sharma took an auto-rickshaw to the LoC.

Last year, Patel and Khalid had decided to meet at the Wagah border in Amritsar, Punjab, Patel told her interrogators.

The girls had reached the Wagah border and the Border Security Force (BSF) and the Pakistan Rangers allowed them to meet each other after repeated requests, a statement the army and police are trying to verify.

Last month the two decided on the Internet to meet again and Khalid suggested that Patel and Sharma cross over through Chakan Da Bagh.

Police official S.D. Singh Jamwal told reporters that after verifying their antecedents and cross-checking with their families, the police and the army had decided to let the girls off.

(IANS
2 indian gals ,i hope they ll get wt they want Smile

bollywood_queen

Goldie

bollywood_queen

Posted: 13 September 2006 at 1:15pm | IP Logged
nice topic! Wink

very sweet post jprasad ji... i'm happy to see that net romance worked out for u Smile

i agree with the views posted so far about potential dangers in this etc... u hear about it all the time... disgusting old men in chat rooms posing as teenagers Dead

i was just curious to know... is there any1 who has met their other half through IF yet??? LOL ... i know there are many couples on IF but i mean people who actually met here... koi to hoga... now dont be shy Wink LOL

bollywood_queen

Goldie

bollywood_queen

Posted: 13 September 2006 at 1:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by viper8234

Originally posted by bollywood_queen

nice topic! Wink

very sweet post jprasad ji... i'm happy to see that net romance worked out for u Smile

i agree with the views posted so far about potential dangers in this etc... u hear about it all the time... disgusting old men in chat rooms posing as teenagers Dead

i was just curious to know... is there any1 who has met their other half through IF yet??? LOL ... i know there are many couples on IF but i mean people who actually met here... koi to hoga... now dont be shy Wink LOL

helllo bolllywood queenji.....i met my wife on IFEmbarrassed 

o really viper8234 ji ... that's really nice Smile... and what is her username?

jprasad

IF-Rockerz

jprasad

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 13 September 2006 at 1:42pm | IP Logged

nice topic! Wink

Tongue  r u guys husband and wife? 

vijay

Admin Group

vijay

Site Admin

Posted: 13 September 2006 at 1:42pm | IP Logged

nice topic! Wink

Dude you got me interested in your Love story now..... Kab? Kahan? Kaise..? Detail mein batao. Smile

bollywood_queen

Goldie

bollywood_queen

Posted: 13 September 2006 at 1:45pm | IP Logged

nice topic! Wink

ohho queenji....i am a shy person too shy to share anythingEmbarrassed

sharmaiye mat viper ji... bata dijiye Smile

queen-bee

Goldie

queen-bee

Posted: 13 September 2006 at 1:45pm | IP Logged

nice topic! Wink

JP nice topic. Oh! net romance KABHI NAHI nooooooooooooooooooo never! Don't talk of chat room's scary guysOuch

I also know of a couple of IF affairs but would like to know will they turn into an eternal union of two best friends or has anybody already taken the plungeWinkLOL bolo bolo kuch tho bolo VIPER ji.Big smile Shama ki he bol do waitinggggggggggggggEmbarrassed

Edited by mink - 13 September 2006 at 1:48pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top