Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*dels* thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: jprasad

Net romance??? That is how I met my hubby.... 😳

I would not recommend net romance to anyone who is under the age of 18 or whatever the legal age is in your country. There are a lot of weirdos out there and you don't want to get stuck in a sticky situation. If you decide to pursue net romance then make sure you practice caution.

I did meet someone once who had a net romance for over two years without meeting the person. Completely dedicated net romance. I couldn't really digest that one.   πŸ˜†

this is lovely😳! net romance do get u ur life partner nad this really proves.

umi82990 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
well i think that net romance is utter folishness. i mean u don't kno how the guy/girl is, how he/she is, what is their background--like gothic, religious, rebel..what if u date or start loving a guy/girl who's 57 but says on his/her profile that he/she is 18..now ur in trouble..i mean if ur sooo desperate for dating and romance..go find someone in ur town that u can actually go out with for dinner and see him/her face to face. this is the biggest risk that one would take if they decide to net romance...
CaLiiZ*DiiMe thumbnail
internet romance/flirtin cud be real fun as long as u do it as a time pass but if u get too much into it or start takin ir seriously then u dun have a life πŸ˜† or derz sumthin rong wid u πŸ˜†
lovelyprincesst thumbnail
i dont think tht internet romance is a bad thing as i have seen examples in ma own house. both ma sis n bro met their better half through net first n thn they met come to knw each other better n got married.

so if u look at all sides every matter have good things n bad.. not all guys are lying n before saying yes to a person on the net tht i love you n will marry you i do suggest tht you both meet n if the liking is still there n both of u r ready n want the same thing go ahead but be sure tht u want this things.

all together i knw 4 couple who got married through internet n 2 of them are ma siblings n another two are ma friend but they were cautions before saying i do love you.
diksha_16 thumbnail
Very interesting subject. Personally, I don't think net romance is a good idea.πŸ˜‰
From what I have seen in the "real" world, even while ur dating a person realistically (like not on the net), it's still different if u decide to spend ur life with the same person, toh net toh dur ki baat hai.
For instance, like how many hrs in a day do u spend with ur boyfrnd or girlfrnd?? 2, 4 , 6, 10?? It's still a lotttttttttttttttttttttttt different staying 24 hrs under the same roof (ie, if ur tht serious & plan to marry).
I've seen couples dating for 4-6 yrs & then getting married, thinking they know the person really well, but it's sooo different after marriage. It's not just one gender, but both, coz we're humans..Our families would be our best judge, since we stay with them, day & night, no matter how much u think u know ur bf/gf inside out & trust them. It's still different.

On the othr hand, net romance is completely off the charts for me. It's like u ask urself how much can u know a person even though u chat every single day for 4, 5 6 hrs???
Personally, so many times have I edited my statements right on this forum, it's like I wanna say something else, but I might end up typing something else, thinking about it might hurt someone. But, I'm a lil different realistically. I might appear very sweet, caring & helpful on the forum, but I might not be the same. It might not be tht I do it intentionally, but it just happens, coz I have the option of always goin back & editing my posts & thinking 10 times before I type, it might not be the same realistically. U must jus say things or do stuff, without thinking about it.
So, it's not that a person would lie or play around on purpose just for time pass, but it's just human nature. We wanna always put our best foot forward, and the other person might always take it for face value.

Therefore, in my opinion, net romance is a total NO NO. 😊 Edited by diksha_16 - 17 years ago
MNMS thumbnail
[Quote=diksha_16]Very interesting subject. Personally, I don't think net romance is a good idea.
From what I have seen in the "real" world, even while ur dating a person realistically (like not on the net), it's still different if u decide to spend ur life with the same person, toh net toh dur ki baat hai.
For instance, like how many hrs in a day do u spend with ur boyfrnd or girlfrnd?? 2, 4 , 6, 10?? It's still a lotttttttttttttttttttttttt different staying 24 hrs under the same roof (ie, if ur tht serious & plan to marry).
I've seen couples dating for 4-6 yrs & then getting married, thinking they know the person really well, but it's sooo different after marriage. It's not just one gender, but both, coz we're humans..Our families would be our best judge, since we stay with them, day & night, no matter how much u think u know ur bf/gf inside out & trust them. It's still different.

On the othr hand, net romance is completely off the charts for me. It's like u ask urself how much can u know a person even though u chat every single day for 4, 5 6 hrs???
Personally, so many times have I edited my statements right on this forum, it's like I wanna say something else, but I might end up typing something else, thinking about it might hurt someone. But, I'm a lil different realistically. I might appear very sweet, caring & helpful on the forum, but I might not be the same. It might not be tht I do it intentionally, but it just happens, coz I have the option of always goin back & editing my posts & thinking 10 times before I type, it might not be the same realistically. U must jus say things or do stuff, without thinking about it.
So, it's not that a person would lie or play around on purpose just for time pass, but it's just human nature. We wanna always put our best foot forward, and the other person might always take it for face value.

Therefore, in my opinion, net romance is a total NO NO.

[/Quote]
πŸ‘

very very very well said!!! u spoke my heart.... i was abt to say the same thing πŸ˜›
anyways... on a short note.. i believe that net romance is one of the MOST dangerous and risky attempts u can make in ur life.... even in real life u can't properly understand a person and his/her behaviour in different and complex situations, life approach... problem solving abilities etc etc... how come to know a person thro a few chats and then making him a life partner😲😲....it is better to faint than to do itπŸ˜†
Misfit_ thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
There's obvious dangers, because the fact is that you just never know who you are talking to...granted there's webcams, voice chats, etc...But you never truly know the PERSON sitting behind that monitor...People could fake entire personalities, or there could be just sick minded people on there. So you just have to be extra careful. On the other hand, the net is a good way to meet a lot of people, and I guess it takes a little bit of pressure off people, as opposed to meeting people in real life. I think that at a certain point, all 'net romances' have to translate to real life, coz after all how long can a relationship go through IMs?
There's obvious disadvantages to net romances, but there's some advantages. I guess it just depends upon how careful you are.
MS.ATTITUDE thumbnail
Army officials said that Patel, 24, and Sharma, 22, got acquainted with Khalid Mumtaz and his brother, who live in Lahore, via the Internet.

Patel claimed they had even "solemnised their marriage" through the Internet. After the Internet chatting, she said, they spoke regularly on phone and had decided to marry.

The couples had first tried the legal route to happily-ever-after, but the denial of visas by the Pakistan embassy disappointed them. Next, they thought, they could try to travel across to the other side as a historic bus service had been started between the two countries.

After a stay at a local hotel - Anand Hotel - in Poonch, Patel and Sharma took an auto-rickshaw to the LoC.

Last year, Patel and Khalid had decided to meet at the Wagah border in Amritsar, Punjab, Patel told her interrogators.

The girls had reached the Wagah border and the Border Security Force (BSF) and the Pakistan Rangers allowed them to meet each other after repeated requests, a statement the army and police are trying to verify.

Last month the two decided on the Internet to meet again and Khalid suggested that Patel and Sharma cross over through Chakan Da Bagh.

Police official S.D. Singh Jamwal told reporters that after verifying their antecedents and cross-checking with their families, the police and the army had decided to let the girls off.

(IANS
2 indian gals ,i hope they ll get wt they want 😊
bollywood_queen thumbnail
nice topic! πŸ˜‰

very sweet post jprasad ji... i'm happy to see that net romance worked out for u 😊

i agree with the views posted so far about potential dangers in this etc... u hear about it all the time... disgusting old men in chat rooms posing as teenagers 🀒

i was just curious to know... is there any1 who has met their other half through IF yet??? πŸ˜† ... i know there are many couples on IF but i mean people who actually met here... koi to hoga... now dont be shy πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†
bollywood_queen thumbnail
Originally posted by: viper8234

helllo bolllywood queenji.....i met my wife on IF😳 

o really viper8234 ji ... that's really nice 😊... and what is her username?