Resham Dankh

Mouli feels viewers like traditional role

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

*Shruti*

Global Moderator

*Shruti*

Posted: 09 September 2006 at 7:19pm | IP Logged

Mouli Ganguly, who is now seen in Resham Dank on Star One talks to Yasmeen Faruqi about her favourite project, love life and more 

Describe your role in Resham Dankh?
At present, all I can say is that she is a devoted and loving housewife, but keep watching and you will get to see a lot of emotion and drama.

Don't you think  you should try different stuff apart from the good bahu or beti roles like you did in Kahin Kissi Roz and Sarrkarr too?
Actually, I had a done an  action packed role in Sakshi, but it failed. Maybe viewers are not ready to watch women outside the traditional roles of a homemaker or breaker.

Amongst the various projects that you have done over the years, which is the closest to your heart?
That would be my role as Shaina in my debut serial Kahin Kissi Roz. I really enjoyed doing that project. It has also been my longest running serial. 

Don't you think TV stars are overworked?
Unfortunately the general idea here seems to be making hay while the sun shines. Everybody just wants to earn that extra buck, this is a problem for people like me, who want some time for themselves.

Comment on your 'next to nothing' role in the Ajay Devgan and Aishwarya Rai starrer Rain Coat?
Actually the role had depth, but it was kind of an in-between role for which the audience needed to think about the character to appreciate its meaning. I was presented as the opposite of Aishwarya's character, who like her, had a past, but had learnt to reconcile with life.

What about big roles in Bollywood?
Though I would not mind acting in them, my own inhibitions would prevent me from doing what is normally required to get the so-called big roles. And you  know what I mean.

What kind of food stuff do you dig into?
Being a Bong, I like Bengali food, especially macher jhol.

Any love interest?
No,  I went to a girls' college; hence interaction with the opposite sex was limited. Later when I started work, I had friends who were guys, but we would always go out in groups. 

What do you do when you have some free time?
I am a voracious reader; I can read anything from serious autobiographies like Gandhi's My Experiments with Truth to Fredrick Forsyth's pulp fiction.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

QH_DDEJ_Fan

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Mouli feels viewers like traditional role" in Resham Dankh forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

QH_DDEJ_Fan

IF-Stunnerz

QH_DDEJ_Fan

Crazy Creative Baby

Posted: 11 September 2006 at 2:09am | IP Logged
ooo.. its nice that she likes to read in her free time.... lol.. gr8 article

Post Reply New Post

Go to top