Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

arhi1357 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Chapter 7:

Arnav opened her eyes when the sun rays hit his face and unknowingly a smile crept up on his face. Stretching his arms a bit and sitting up on the bed, he thought about the only person who had clouded all his thoughts ever since he met her. He was glad that she was opening up. Only he knew how much he loved when she talked. Last night was unquestionably one of the many best nights of his life. They had gone from one topic to another. She had told him how she loved painting and mystery novels were her favourite because they made her curious and she wanted to keep on reading till it finished. She was surely different from other girls. Whereas girls of her age had mills and boons under their covers, Khushi was the one who loved thrillers. Her eyes sparkled when she talked about things she loved but soon the same sadness he had seen was replaced when he asked her to paint for him someday. She had chuckled humorlessly and said: "I'm not sure if I can even hold a brush properly now. It was a very long time ago."

"We'll see to that." He had said and jumped to another topic. Also the strangest thing he had noticed was that Khushi didn't have any friends. While he had a whole gang of about 10 people, she didn't even have a single friend, besides her sister. Though Arnav found it really weird, he didn't show it. He had talked about his college experiences, his trips with friends, his work and what not. All the while, Khushi had listened genuinely interested.

Khushi was a different story altogether. She still couldn't believe that she had opened up to him like this. She has always been a friendly person but with that, she was forced to be reserved too. She hadn't ever talked to a guy like this before. Her interactions with men was limited to salam to her elder cousins, her uncles who only asked how she was doing or when her father talked to her. This was totally new and strangely, it felt good. She knew he was now her husband and as much as it was right for them to meet up like this, she wasn't sure how her mother or father, for that matter, would take it. Thankfully no one had even noticed Khushi entering her room after their long night chat. He was caring, compassionate, outgoing and everything a girl could ever wish for in her husband. Khushi did feel lucky but with that came a sense of fear within her. Would she be able to make Arnav happy? Would he like a reserved, nervous and shy girl? Not mulling over these thoughts, she decided to only relish in the moments she had spent in talking with him. She had told him her likes, once again shocking herself. Never had she discussed that she liked painting except her family. Then why him? May be because it felt right. When he had talked about his work, she had seen passion in his eyes. He was doing his dream job, he had told her. He had told her that he and his friends always planned a trip once in six months to a different place every time and she was forced to wonder how different they were.

She was brought out of her reverie by her mother, ordering her to lay the breakfast table. At the dining table, Afreen popped up the idea of shopping. Apparently, there was a village nearby which held an exhibition every year. Traders from different states or even cities came and presented their works be it jewelry, clothes or utensils. Excitedly, everyone gobbled down their breakfast quickly and went off to get ready. Khushi had come out only to find the house empty. Did she take too long that they left her? She wondered and heard someone clearing his throat. Arnav watched as she, fidgeting with her dupatta, asked:

"Wo sab..."

"Abu ne kaha ke hum donon akele ayen."And there goes her heart overdrive. Nodding her head, she followed him out and smiled when he opened the passenger door for her. The ride was quite a silent one, but comfortable. Finally breaking the silence, he asked:

"Do you like old Hindi music?" She looked at him surprised and nodded. Clicking on the CD player, he played one of her favourite songs too. Khushi and Aaliya had a thing for old collections and whenever they got time, they used to listen to them but once when their father had come to know, and had objected to it, their mother had banned every kind of music from their house. But unknown to both of them, Aaliya had a small radio hidden in her cupboard and though Khushi was scared, the puppy eyes of her little sister melted her heart and she obliged to her demands.

"I love these kind of songs as compared to the ones being made today."

"I love their poetry. They held a meaning which actually made them soulful."

"I agree. Chalo, there's at least something we have in common here."

And it was quiet again. But both of them didn't mind. The song abhi na jao chor ke' reverberated in the car. Soon they reached their destination and started to find the others who come half an hour back, credits to Arnav's slow driving. One thing Khushi despised was the crowds and rush places. It suffocated her and she felt like she was the center of everyone's attention. Anxiety coursed through her veins when she felt a hand engulf her own into a very gentle grasp. She looked at their hands shocked and then dared to look up at the assuring eyes of Arnav. Every time, he knew how to make her feel better. His eyes held a promise and surprisingly, Khushi could read it.

When Arnav saw Khushi's face, he instantly knew her discomfort. Her eyes were the most expressive and he couldn't help but hold her hand and through his eyes, ensured her that there was no need to be scared as her was there for her and he will always protect her. Soon they were joined by the others, and if Khushi thought he will leave her hand once with their families, she was utterly wrong. Arnav purposely walked slow and was behind everyone lest Khushi feels awkward with holding hands in front of their parents. Though, she was at first but only after seeing his firm grip she had let the matter go and relaxed.

Aaliya saw the two love birds and sent a thankful prayer to Allah. Her aapi deserved every ounce of happiness and now she was sure that Arnav will give her everything she had missed out in life

devilindisguise thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
am coming to luv u
back to back updates???
muah dear
arhi1357 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Chapter 8:

It was a normal day for the Malik and Ahmed families yet it was different in many ways. Zoya saw her daughter in law afar from the kitchen and felt her heart swell with pride instantly. There she was, making breakfast for everyone according to their preferences. In only one day she had handled everything so well. Yes, house help was there but except asking what everyone would like to have, she hadn't even bothered them even for a single thing. She was beautiful, there was no doubt in that. But it wasn't what made her like Khushi as her daughter in law. She had a heart of gold. She cared for everyone like her own family. She looked after Aaliya like her own child and respected her parents so much. She knew Arnav was smitten by this wonderful girl, it was all over his face but then who wouldn't be? After all she's a gem! Zoya went on to check on the dinner being prepared by her bahu. Stepping in the kitchen, she knew that they were going to be delicious as the aroma of the specialties of Lucknow hit her nostrils. Upon seeing her, Khushi smiled and asked:

"Aunty aapko kuch chahye tha?"

"Bus dekhne ayi thi ke khaana kab bane ga. Razia bi kahan hain beta?" Razia bi was the loyal housekeeper of Malik household since two generations. She had also looked after Arnav as her own child whenever they used to visit the farmhouse. She had gone to her village to meet a sick relative and had arrived back only yesterday night.

"Ji woh..."

"Hum toh yahan hain choti begum sahiba laikin aapki dulhan toh humen kisi kaam ko haath hi nahin lagane detin. Ab karen bhi tou kya?" A lady in her mid-50's said entering the kitchen with a grumpy expression wearing a bright colored shalwar kameez with pom poms hanging on her sides. One thing she loved was the bright colors.

"Karne dijiye Razia bi, haq banta hai humari bahu ka. Is ghar pe bhi aur is ghar ke logon pe bhi." Zoya said making Khushi look at her with gratitude on accepting her as the member of the family so soon and Zoya in return caressed her hair lovingly like a mother.

"Qurban jaon! Waise begum sahiba dulhan toh MashAllah chaand ka tukra layi hain. Woh kya kehe hain angreji main? Bery Bootiful." Razia bi exclaimed in her broken English and the two couldn't help but laugh out loud.

"Now who's staring?" Arnav asked his dad when he caught him looking towards the kitchen warmly with a content smile on his face.

"Emotional scene hai yaar. Disturb na kar." He shrugged off his son's hands off his shoulders and went back to what he was doing. Arnav frowned at the lack of retort from his father and gently nudging him aside to see what was going on, asked: "Acha aisa kya...?"

"Speechless?"

"Indeed."

"Kya baat hai Razia bi? Itna mazeydaar khaana? Ungliyan chaatne ka dil kar raha hai. " Imran asked licking his fingers relishing in the taste of the delightful dinner he had.

"Ji Razia bi. The food's delicious! Aur yeh badaam kheer toh best hai." He said eating another bowl of kheer. Never had food tasted so good, except when his mother cooked but that was very less often these days.

"Woh is liye chote sahib ke khana aaj choti dulhan ne banaya hai."

He looked up at Khushi surprised and found her looking at him with curious eyes which she soon averted due to her shyness. So today his wife had cooked the food. No doubt it tasted wonderful, he thought.

"Come to the terrace when you're free." Khushi heard Arnav softly asking her in an authoritative tone while she was cleaning the dining table. She slowly nodded and then when everybody went to their rooms to sleep, she climbed up the stairs of the terrace with her heart thudding in anticipation.  

"Aapko koi kaam tha?" Arnav turned behind and looked at his wife. Smiling at her, he crossed his arms at his chest and asked: "Mujhe koi kaam ho ga toh hi tumhen bulaon ga?" And when she was about to apologize, he added: "Khushi. Relax! I wanted to spend some time with you that's why." And an amused smile crept up on his lips seeing her blush so prettily.

"Khaana bohat mazey ka tha."

"Thank you."

His phone rung and apologetically looking towards her, he asked: "Can I take this? It's important." It was only after seeing her nod in affirmative, he took the call and went on the other side of the terrace leaving Khushi alone with her thoughts. She was glad that she was married in this family, seeing the love they were showering upon her. Imran uncle had gifted her some money on making such tasty food and though she had again and again denied, he had kept the money in her hands and patting her head ever so gently told her that it was her right as a daughter. How easily they had accepted her as a part of the family. Everyone was making efforts to make her as much comfortable as possible and she would be lying if she said that she wasn't loving it. It would be true to say that she had been never given so much importance in her entire life and now suddenly it seemed like it was a dream. Her musings were broken by the deep husky voice which gave her Goosebumps.

"I'm so sorry. Work, you know."

"You always wanted to be an architect?"

"Yeah. Buildings, constructions, these things interest me. What did you wanted? Business minded from the start or something else?"

"I was into arts but abu thought business was much better."

"Painting?"

"Everything. Even interior designing. Colors, decorations, organizing things, drawing, crafts. I love doing it all. It just makes me happy." She exclaimed happily.

"So you have an artistic streak in you? Remind me the next time when we renovate our house. You have to do it." She didn't miss the mention of our' and tried to normalize her heartbeats. This family was making sure to feel her welcome her.

"But I don't know how to."

"I'm sure you do. If you have so much interest in these things then you must be good in it. I still don't get it why would you not choose something that you love?"

"Everyone said that it's a waste of time and I didn't have a future in it."

"Log toh kuch bhi kehte hain. Hamesha apni sunni chahye. You still have time to make a career out of it. One year course and boom you are an artist."

"Abu wouldn't allow it especially now that I'm married." Their conversation was going on when he realized something. Khushi thought that he expected her to sit back at home and do household chores. He looked at her again and his heart went out to this girl. Sadness clouded her face and she was trying her best not to show it with a fake smile but Arnav knew her better. Her expressive eyes gave her away, and at the moment she was refusing to meet his eyes. There was something in the way she said that her dad wouldn't allow it, he figured out what the problem was. Her parents didn't allow her to work and she wanted to. He had heard that she had topped in her university and such an intelligent girl like would like to let her education go down the drain like this? Why were our societies gender biased? It was people like those because of which talented girls were married off and were taking care of 10 children. He took a deep breath and held her hands which rested on the railing and started explaining:

"Hey! Khushi. I want you to know one thing. Never ever think that you can't do something of your own choice just because you're married. In fact I would love it if you tell me what you want to do. I'll try my best to give you that."

"Would you like it if I work?" She asked in a meek voice.

"Why wouldn't I? You haven't studied hard just to sit at home after marriage, have you? And I wouldn't like it if I am gone for my work and you sitting idle at home. You have your own life too." Khushi looked up surprised at the man in front of her. What was he made of? How can he be so understanding? One moment she couldn't believe her luck but she knew all this was real. She didn't know what made her say all those things to him which she had never ever told anyone, not even Aaliya. But she knew that she wanted to share it with him.

"Aunty and uncle?" She asked with apprehension written all over her face.

"They wouldn't mind at all. Even ammi used to work after marriage but she left few years ago because of health issues so no problems here. Look I've just told you that you shouldn't care about what others think. The question here is what do YOU want to do?" Arnav asked stressing on the you' and in an instant, Khushi looked up at him, took a deep breath and spoke: "I want to work."

"Go ahead then. Make me proud."  He said squeezing her hands gently to show her that he was happy with her decision and left while she couldn't help but mouth a Thank you.

"No big deal. Biwi ho tum meri, toh itna toh chalta hai." He winked at her and this was the first time, she looked into his eyes and smiled, the smile which told him that she had accepted him as her life partner.

Frozen_Ana thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
lovely!❤️ read all 8 parts in one go! update soon...😊 
jtammareddy thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Amazing . Just finished all 7 updates. Khushi is raised in a reserved family and Arnav's family is very open minded. I so like this Arnav's family. It's very girls dream to get married in to such family and an understanding and supportive husband to have. I hope Khushi would get all the happiness she deserves. 
sareen.chandani thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
amazing story please continue soon!😊
shruti46 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
amazing story yar.
u made me remember of another writer...

continues soon..
 i love stories on muslim backdrops..

MOnamy11 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I love your arnav and your back to back update please continue soon:-)
Downhill thumbnail
simply superb
loved it
Vithagan2304 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
plz update soon nd do pm me. luvd al d chaps.