Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

FGGfan

Groupbie

FGGfan

Posted: 09 September 2006 at 2:23pm | IP Logged

Q. Why aren't parents monitoring their children's diets closely enough?

A.

Q. Should parents be a little more lenient on punishing their kid for a little thing?

A.

Q. How can parents deal with a situation when their kids aren't listening to their orders?

A.

Q. Do you think parents aren't supervising their children's TV viewing enough?

A.

Q. Should parents make their children dependant and not make them rely on them?

A.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "How to Survive your Parents during Adoles" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

FGGfan

Groupbie

FGGfan

Posted: 09 September 2006 at 5:09pm | IP Logged
why not any replies ..............someone please help yaar Cry Cry

ishu124

Goldie

ishu124

Posted: 09 September 2006 at 8:01pm | IP Logged
wohhh... sry im a teen

n i hv no anwers to tht^^^

meghavi

IF-Veteran Member

meghavi

Posted: 09 September 2006 at 8:50pm | IP Logged
Moved to DM. If other mods disagree with me, then move it back to ML..that's not a prob. Smile

FGGfan

Groupbie

FGGfan

Posted: 09 September 2006 at 8:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ishu124

wohhh... sry im a teen

n i hv no anwers to tht^^^

huhConfusedConfusedConfused..........................same thing teen, adolese.., youth...................it should be answered by teensConfusedConfusedConfused

-Masakali-

IF-Dazzler

-Masakali-

Posted: 10 September 2006 at 9:53am | IP Logged

A. personally this is hard...i know personally i get real mad when my mom tries to tell me what to eat or not. even though thats badLOL so i think the reason is cuz the kid does not want to be monitered

Q. Should parents be a little more lenient on punishing their kid for a little thing?

A.lenient sometimes...punish sometimes...by that i dont mean hit the kid or something

Q. How can parents deal with a situation when their kids aren't listening to their orders?

A.try to tell the over and over again or maybe have a talk with them

A.its kinda hard too. i know if my mom does something with the remote...i will just go back and change the settingLOL bad i know, but what can i do?

A.i know my dad would agree that the kids need to be more independent cuz the parents are not going to be with the kids forever.

heres my thoughts

sowmyaa

IF-Dazzler

sowmyaa

Posted: 18 September 2006 at 11:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by FGGfan

Q. Why aren't parents monitoring their children's diets
closely enough?

----I learnt it from my experience. Never ever ever judge any parent's parental skill. I have personally seen parents monitoring their children's diet very closely, but again nothing can be generalize for sure.

Q. Should parents be a little more lenient on punishing
their kid for a little thing?

-----define "little" it is very tricky. Each parents have different expectation from their kids so little is diff. for each parents.

Q. How can parents deal with a situation when their kids
aren't listening to their orders?

---- Totally depends upon situation. I usually get tips from my daughters pediatritians and teachers..but each kid is different and how to deal with them depends upon what works with them. like some kids just need to be explained some needs timeouts some needs spank it all depends.

Q. Do you think parents aren't supervising their children's
TV viewing enough?

----Yes. overall i think there should be more supervision on children's tv viewing.

Q. Should parents make their children dependant and not
make them rely on them?

-----There comes two different way

1. western culture- stressing too much on being independant..infant have to sleep in their own room, eat yourself etc. etc.

2. Indian culture- where we try to pamper kids and try to help them with everything parents can, without any intention of making them dependable on parents...which i think also works.

i won't say which is better as it depends upon each parents and what they expect from their child.

Edited by sowmyaa - 18 September 2006 at 11:45am

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 19 September 2006 at 12:55am | IP Logged

A.Who said parents are not monitoring children's diet,even at this age my Amma is back of me Angry.She orders me to eat that ,don't eat this ,drink that  blah!!! blah!!! Elder people know better than us.The tips told by the present generation  nutritionist ,dietitians are refined versions of our dadis .

A.No parents should'nt be lenient with Kids.There's a famous Indian saying which says Treat the child like an emperor upto 5 years of age from 5 to 18 treat the child as servant and from 15 years treat the child as a friend.

A.Secret!!! Each one has their own way.I don't confess here how my parents dealt meWink

A.Yeah!!! I think parents should monitor more.You see !! My students see all the serials I seeConfused.Some times I skip those scenes but they happily watch.Terrible.Even today before my parents we don't watch even venga boys albums.My Amma really wonders why all the serial women are not wearing blouse inspite of wearing good sarees.Children are lacking innocense,at least upto certain age.This is really tragic,they r not enjoying their chidhood in a right manner.It really bad  to see children watching ,dancing to the songs of Yana Gupta,Britney spears.

A. Only after 18 years!!!

Edited by mythili_Kiran - 19 September 2006 at 5:40am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top