Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Blast from the Past Thread #25 ** Abducted Dreams ** p 129, ep 257 - Page 50

kizh72 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
This content was originally posted by: aarwen

Hey Kizh.. Lavanya was really refreshing and interesting.. I somehow got why Arnav would have liked her as his girlfriend. The direct way she handled naniji who would literally breathe fire on the poor girl.. "Naniji live in ka matlab .." and how she cleared it all up. I bet all the old ladies watching the show must have suddenly realized what the word actually means. 😆 . 

Though she never really agreed with any of the traditions naniji and mamiji kept talking about she would always be willing to apologize. In her own special way that was her going above and beyond for ASR. And just one kind act from chamkili was enough to make Lavanya stand by her no matter what. Try and protect her from ASR's gussa. Though even in those days Khushi could take care of herself ..yell at laad governor, fiddle with his car, laptop, phone.. lots of ways to give back.. La also spoke up for Khushi when mamiji was exceptionally nasty.  In a short span the creators allowed so much growth in one girl and over the extended span of the show they managed to lose so much in another.

Gradually La started liking her new family so it felt nice to see her stand up for them to her friends. The oo la la dance, such a sense of harmony and craziness there. The girl had evolved so much. And the writers had brought in subtle nuances in the conflicts. There were times ASR would yell at her for not getting office work done and la would have to chose between keeping nani happy or ASR. She had potential to learn both. But they were not meant to be together. naa his heart could only beat for one other.. The mature way they dealt with the break up I thought was unbelievable for a tv show in India. She was so vulnerable when she said she didn't want him to complete what he had come to tell her and strong when she accepted it with so much dignity really. There was a little too much stress on absolving ASR of all guilt but still.. You felt bad for him and her. And yet you knew they had done the right thing.

Lavanya was a beautiful character. Even if she came across as dumb at times. She was also blind, like Anjali, where her love was concerned. Basically she was willing to put up with what ever he was ready to shell out. In episode 122/123, when he finds the ring and brings it to Anjali, La gets excited thinking he has got it for her. Look how irritated he gets, never was in to her. Fond of her in his own way, had more in common with their cosmopolitan background. But that other thing, only the jhalli babe could evoke that! Yes, that breakup scene is probably the best I've seen, tv or otherwise. ASR understood that the way he treated la was not right on all counts. Like Indi di said, you could see the introspection. The difference in treatment when it came to khushi. That nutty girl of the early days, she was lovely! ASR, woh kaun si bimari hai! I think that's when she first came to the AR office, thinking  sim/pam had some issue with her eye!!!!😆

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Thanks for reading Indi. Oh surely was an illusion to save her marriage. I may sound absolutely subjective, but asr at least thought of saving it for a specific purpose/ period. but Khushi thought shyam changed for good??!! The basic premise was ofcourse Khushi was only trying to save  Anjali's marriage, and yes it was a mistake on her part, but there  was NO reflection of what ever sort later on. Its not just about not sharing at that time, but is it too realistic to think of it as an absurdity from a 19 ish girl to take harassments silently? Plot is indeed weak around that..

Gandhari is very apt for Anjlai, willingly blind.. rather reluctant to see...after their parents tragedy perhaps the blatant realism her brother embraced is much befitting than her veil of denial..

you all take an effort to post in appropriate threads, so was just a tad guilty for not doing so..

Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: aarwen

Rhea, you touch up on a very pertinent point in that red there.. I had that cap saved on my computer wanted to  say some thing about it some time ago.. never did.. anyway, its all his "respect" for what his sister/ family/ any ardent believer.. he would save that light becos that's how its supposed to be .. always lighting bright.. he may not believe in its absolute sense and meaning yet has that tolerance for what others believe.. what sets him apart.. that one doesn't necessarily need to have faith to be tolerant to other's belief system..

looking forward to reading ur 248.
thanks for reading..
Edited by Horizon - 9 years ago

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
This content was originally posted by: Horizon

in pink... exactly. in fact, he went despite all his misgivings and fury... to tell di. but she was pregnant. only then did he decide not to tell her. purpose was clear. he said as much. later to shyam too... had it not been for the pregnancy he would have picked shyam up and thrown him out like the worm he was.

in red. yes major weakness about khushi and her handling of all that pawing and groping and cheating, i have mentioned that many times... and also her complete lack of introspection... it weakened the character... did not make it "achhi". why is it that people just don't understand women? have raved about the messing up of kkg in the last two pages. 😕 hurts me. as kizh wrote... because i am a girl dammit.

asked myself why i watched even then... will jot that down shortly.

Horizon thumbnail
Indi, khushi was indeed lost in translation some where busy in becoming acchi suitable for tv. but I watched despite. .perhaps as I needed a closure.. after all the emotional upheaval of the initial romance.. then the MU.. they both parting with those heart wrenching lines.. "dil kyon hai tanha mera".. they both lived inside the same 4 walls last few months..yet how terribly lonely they both were... for all the sleep deprived nights spent sweet or otherwise.. they haven't even hugged once.. how much ever  I rant about my disappointments, the build up of this love story is phenomenal.. I perhaps wouldn't have mind curtains down that day after he came back home after the kidnap.. shyam ousted.. he carrying her inside from the pool side.. until then I needed to watch a certain level of peace for these two..
this fictional story can make me exceptionally nutty...
thanks for bearing with..

IssK. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: indi52

Ladkiyon,

Thesis pe thesis on the last two pages!!! 👏⭐️😎

Time, alas, is my dushman right now so am picking up the last post i see here before i leave the building. Just wanted to quickly add that the class divide between the Guptas and the Raizadas is one of the key players in every action the Guptas may have taken or decided to not take. To work for a super wealthy family, then to be married into it...that in itself is a complex dynamic for anybody.

The Raizada man, yes, his actions in comparison to Khushi, always crystal clear...(a lot of it has to also do with performance, of course)  ...he always had the conviction to act in a way that was admirable. But he also does come from a place of privilege.

Anjali, i never thought was a complex character so i'm not going into that right now...but will give her some fresh new thought while i get behind the wheel and wade through the endless senseless traffic for the next hour at least...why can't the thread to be on radio??!!😆

But Gandhari...hmmm...that, i agree.

Loving and leaving...
aatey hain.

Edited by IssK. - 9 years ago

wiwy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
This content was originally posted by: indi52

Attention Pilleejh

Riddler has given us till this Friday, 9 May, 12 midnight IST
to send in all our answers.

And we are introducing the Blasters' Choice Prize this round onward.
So please, check all the answers listed on page 9, link below...
and send a PM to Riddler Wiwy by Sunday 11 May, 12 midnight IST.
Winners will be declared on Monday 12 May.

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/105578485

Thanks In di🤗  Sounds important😳 Thanks to Durgey🤗 for coming up with the idea! 
So ladies if you are done with answering or passing your answers by Friday, PM your vote for the Blasters choice best answer to me peeleej! All answers have been compiled on page 9 as In di mentioned.

For inspiration⭐️, here's Barun answering some riddles with a zest in an interview with Rangmunch.And enjoying asking the same questions to Arshad! At the end Rangmunch noted that Barun liked the game so much that he quizzed everyone on the set! You know now why I love manufacturing riddles!😳

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB-FtMn84SQ[/YOUTUBE]
Katelyn thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6

Episode 250

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0r0Y-JpWpo[/YOUTUBE]

First Telecast Wednesday, 11th May 2012

Full episode links

StarPlayerLink: http://www.startv.in/episodes/khushi-agrees-to-get-arnavs-signature-on-the-legal-papers/32299

Dailymotion:  http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xzmvsm_iss-pyar-ko-kya-naam-doon-episode-250_shortfilms

Dailymotion with English subtitles:  http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xz8vb4_iss-pyaar-bolum-250-ingilizce-altyazili_shortfilms

Thanks, Katelyn,for all the links. 

Credit for the videos: Respective uploaders

Edited by Katelyn - 9 years ago
Katelyn thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6
My VERY belated congrats to Indu for becoming a DAZZLER and Javeria for becoming a ROCKERZ!! 👏 🥳

BARUN AND SANAYA ~ OFFSCREEN #IPKKND :)I yearn to see these two awesome people together again :D They were the best..on and off screen <3
Edited by Katelyn - 9 years ago
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
i have often wondered why i continued to watch ipk.

i do not really watch shows and am not much into movies or anything in a big way. couldn't understand why i had to had to watch ipk even though i was troubled.

have mentioned it before, i came to the forum on 27 march somewhere after the marriage, when khushi is changing every day and i can't get a grip on what's happening.

most of my early posts were about khushi. wanting her to remain who she was... defending her right to not wear strange wig, asking for a reasonable wardrobe, liking her as she was...

gadzooks, would i go to a thing called an online forum for any other show? and knowing full well it's just a tv serial start engaging in hot and bothered conversations about such a clearly "unimportant" thing?

yet i could not stop myself.

and i kept watching the show even when my nerves screamed for mercy, my brain said "bas".

and if i ask myself why, a few things come to mine... actually 3.

1. three guesses he he... barun sobti as asr. i could not walk away.

2. that understanding of love. no matter how much they forgot to tell a good story, the writers seemed to have a keen sense of an emotion. it was somehow always exciting, thrilling... maybe an almost 26/7 year relationship had taught me stuff and i knew what i saw on the screen was delightful because that is the way it was... the mystery, the unfathomable depth, and yet the craziness, the unpredictability, the need that surmounts all, and that thing in it that scales ordinary mortal calibration... i loved that... i wanted to know what happened to khushi and asr. when he saved her on that cliff top and then said he doesn't need proof, when they spoke to each other through another plane... it all felt well worth it. and of course when they noked and jhoked...

3. the jodi. there's chemistry and there's chemistry. this was explosive, but not only that... it had light in it. i am no saint, thank g, i have all the shades of light and its absence in me... you can have a dark, thick chemistry that takes you to not the best places in you. oh that too is valid and potent... but it is tied to the earth. barun and sanaya can ignite me with one look at each other, but it feels pristine, there is a joy there. a beauty. it's erotic, not dirty. it's energetic, alive, and bright. that not a single hint of dirt amid a consuming erotic appeal... i love that. and they feel so young and vibrant together. i actually have never seen a jodi like this. and words are inadequate really.

and i have to confess as far as i am concerned... if barun left the show, i would too. if sanaya left, i would miss her very badly, but i would still watch to see if things worked out. and if not, i'd still come and look only at you know who...

Edited by indi52 - 9 years ago