Mythological Masti
Mythological Masti
Mythological Masti

India-Forums

Question

Quixotic5 IF-Dazzler

Posted: 25 April 2014 at 12:01pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

QuietlyLoudRadhikerani

sherlock IF-Dazzler
sherlock
sherlock

Posted: 26 April 2014 at 12:50am | IP Logged

Content Removed

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

viper83Surya_krsnbhaktRadhikerani

Quixotic5 IF-Dazzler

Posted: 26 April 2014 at 2:24am | IP Logged

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Radhikerani

viper83 Newbie
viper83
viper83

Posted: 26 April 2014 at 8:38am | IP Logged
Answer to
Devas and Daitas(asur) -

Prahlad
King Mahabali
Virochan
Vrinda( Daugther of  Asur)
Vishbishan

The hatred of Lord Vishnu by Asur comes from Guru Daitas Guru. Read up on it aleast.

2. Dude read about Vaishnavism  don't just commment on, during there era of the  the religion was not called Hinduism if you read you scriptures right. It was called something else. During the era the Vaishnavism  only going scripture was liberal pertaing atituded caste system. Now remmber people like who were rich( Kings/Merhcants) and Educated (Brahmins) and had access to scripture like today in India but back then they didn't have the internet. Goto any Vaishnav temple there is no speration between by caste. (Read Bhajan about Vaishnavism)  Again do you think Gandhji got his ideology from.

3. Again read about Daitas Guru Father and Narad Muni curse on Lord Vishnu

Edited by viper83 - 26 April 2014 at 8:37am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Quixotic5Radhikerani

Surya_krsnbhakt IF-Dazzler
Surya_krsnbhakt
Surya_krsnbhakt

Posted: 26 April 2014 at 9:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Akash005

Let me just answer your first question in this post.
1. Is it just me, or has Vishnu always been partial to devas unlike Shiva?

According to Devdutt pattanaik, Lord Shiva is indifferent to devas or asuras, whereas Brahma is supportive of both devas and asuras. This is seen in the fact that they eaily grant boons to both parties. So Brahma symbolises er, magnetism and Shiva repulsion, best way I can put it.
So when both magnetism and repulsion exist, nature is balanced. At the same time, due to Brahma's generosity and SHiva's indifference, nothing can happen in the universe. So, hm..
Ah, according to Newton's first law,
  • An object that is at rest will stay at rest unless an external force acts upon it.
You get me? So, applying this in our case, the universe will remain at rest unless an external force acts upon it.
So, that external force is Vishnu, who creates an imbalance in the universe and sets thing into motion. You understand? So, Lord Vishnu, as the preserver, is responsible for preserving order, as well as motion. The universe needs to function, and he creates the necessary element by making one party stronger, thus the other party strives to reach that level, and the universe is in motion.

Now see the devas and asuras case. IN this, when Vishnu supports the devas, the asuras strive to reach that level of strength, and when they reach thislevel, balance is reached. The next step is to overthrow the devas, which is weakening of the other party. Imbalance is created right? Vishnu then once again creates a balance by restoring the devas, and sets the next series of events into motion by defeating the asuras. Thus, universal equilibrium is maintained.

Edited by Surya_krsnbhakt - 26 April 2014 at 9:38am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

viper83amritatQuixotic5kaatayaniRadhikerani

Surya_krsnbhakt
Surya_krsnbhakt

Posted: 26 April 2014 at 9:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Akash005

2. Is it just me, or the whole caste system in Hinduism originated from Vaishnavism? ( as in superiority of bhrahmins n other caste over some other caste)

Ah, this question.
So, right from the beginning, the varnashrama dharma was set up to preserve social order.
This was determined purely by one's actions and not by birth.
Whether one was a Brahmana or Sudra depended on how one behaved in the society.
This is supported in the Mahabharata as well.
And the rigidity of the caste system and power of one order over another, all came only after the Kali era began, specially after the invasions by the Muslims and those useless British.
British wanted to divide the society. That was their policy remember? Divide and Rule.
So to rule over us, and to divide us, what was necessary? To show that one set of people is trying to dominate another set, right? Suppose you and your elder brother are sitting peacefully, and your um.. girlfriend (don't take it personally) wants to listen to her and not to your brother. What will she do? She will try to tell you, "why are you following whatever your brother is telling? You have your own rights," etc. Am I right?
This exact thing was done by the British on a large scale. To prove their point, they started writing their own history about India, portraying it as a very stupid country, with all the tribals living, and the Aryan invasions, and Brahmin domination. Total utter hogwash.

But the people believed the British. They believed that the caste system was a means of domination. And they began to oppose it.
Basically, the Vedas don't support domination of one varna over another. Neither does Vaishnavam or Shaivam or any other sect for that matter.
But since I don't live in Kerala, I cannot tell about hte people there. But generally I think temples are open to all, like Lord Krishna himself said (at Udipi, to Kanakadasar), or Lord Ranganatha to Tiruppaan Azhvar.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

varaaliQuixotic5kaatayaniRadhikerani

Surya_krsnbhakt
Surya_krsnbhakt

Posted: 26 April 2014 at 9:56am | IP Logged
I will leave the third question for Urmila11, or  lola610, or varaali to answer.Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Radhikerani

Quixotic5 IF-Dazzler

Posted: 26 April 2014 at 10:50am | IP Logged

Go to top