Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Antara123 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago

DISCLAIMER: 

THIS IS MY OWN WORK OF FICTION. ANY RESEMBLANCE TO ANY OTHER PERSON'S WORK ON THIS OR ANY OTHER FORUM IS PURELY UNINTENTIONAL AND I BEG MY PARDON FOR IT.

Part 13 - Page 101

Epilogue 

In The Morning

In Ruqaiya's Chambers

"Where was Jalal last night? Haven't seen him in a while..." Ruqaiya mused. "Guess, I'll go later. He must me sleeping." She decided.

Just then, her trusted kaneez, Hoshiyar, came running, "Begum Sahiba, Begum Sahiba, I have some very important news for you!" Hoshiyar was panicking, while Ruqaiya nodded.

"Actually, Woh..." Hoshiyar stammered, not knowing how to continue.

"What is it? Spit it out fast. I have no patience for your frills." Ruqaiya got irritated.

"Shehenshah spent the night in Jodha Begum's chambers. I got an off yesterday. One of the bandhis told me that Jodha Begum's room was decorated for the evening and later, though very late, Shehenshah did come to meet her and hasn't left since..."

Ruqaiya stood shell shocked. She rushed out towards Jodha Begum's chambers dismissing the guards who tried obstructing her path. She didn't care. She had to see for herself. She walked in to find extinguished candles, roses, clothes, jewellery strewn around. And she walked on with a deathly calm. The hour before the storm is the quietest. So were her feelings, not willing to accept what had happened. She walked further, towards the bed not dreading what was to come. The finality of the act hadn't dawned on her. She parted the curtains to find Jodha and Jalal, HER Jalal, together on the bed, worn out after a long night of lovemaking. Time stilled when realization hit her.

Ruqaiya's feet somehow, gained some life, as they dragged her outside the chambers before they woke up. She reached her chamber, and squatted on the floor dismissing all the guards and bandhis.

She had always wanted Jalal and Jodha to consummate their marriage so Jalal loses interest in her. But, lately, she had been dreading the same fact. The woman in her, the wife in her, for the first time ever, felt rejected. She had realised that Jalal had indeed developed a heart, and feelings for Jodha. What she had hoped for, was some time away from her, that would end this. But now, she felt she had lost everything. Her mere existence was as the Mallika-e-Khas of Shehenshah's Harem. Though, no one could change that title, she had lost it already to Jodha. She had lost everything in life.

The tears finally fell as she felt betrayed. Jalal had cheated her. She felt lifeless. She knew what was to come. Jalal had fallen in love. Proclaiming her never had a heart to her, he had given that heart away to Jodha when everything of Jalal's was HERS, was supposed to be hers. Why?

"Why Jalal, why? What went wrong in our friendship, that you wanted a stranger in your arms and in your heart?"

In this act of betrayal and loss, Ruqaiya Begum failed to realise a major flaw in her own judgement. No one could possibly live without a heart. Ruqaiya had always supported Jalal in his proclamations of being heartless for her own advantage. She had never wanted him to love. She never felt the need to provide him with that love that, a human being within that man craved. Her desire for supremacy and petty quest for power within the Harem, brought about her own downfall. Ruqaiya Sultan was at a major high compared to Princess Jodha from Amer. It is difficult for a good spouse to be a good friend but a good friend can never fail to be a good spouse. Ruqaiya felt no need to love Jalal. Jalal found love in Jodha.

Though they never admitted, Jodha and Jalal were in love. They loved each other deeply. Probably, more than anyone and anything else probably could. The attraction between them wasn't merely sexual. It was born from an emotion called love.

No great philosopher can correctly predict the exact moment when someone falls in love. For some, love is a journey. For some, it happens in a moment. No one knows which one it was for this royal couple.

Was it love when Jalal saw Jodha for the first time in Amer? Was it love when Jalal saved her life without breaking his promise? Was it love when Jodha gifted him his people's blessings for his birthday? Was it love for Jalal that forced Jodha to forgive his sister when she conned her for her husband?

No one knew. Not even them. Did they ever admit their feelings to each other? They must have. Would it have been a special moment? Not really. Since, they already knew that about each other.

Love is strong. It emerges victorious after every trial and tribulation, every misunderstanding, every argument, every quarrel, every fight and every Maham Anga's letter.

Maham Anga's truth did get revealed to Jalal, much later though. By then, her misinterpretation of the letter was revealed to Jalal and Jodha too. But by then, neither did it surprise them nor make any difference to their relationship.

Love isn't so strong at all times. There are moments of weakness when mere human qualities defeat the whole purpose of love. The Shehenshah and his Begum weren't above these mortal emotions. They gave in to errors because at the end of the day, they were people, normal people, like you and me.

What made them stand apart was the fact that their love succeeded despite all odds. Love may decrease with time. But it never gets over. It comes back with the same vengeance as before.

Jalal had many wives before Jodha came into his Harem, he had many more wives after she came. But his Theeki Mirchi remained his first and only ever true love.

The End!

Move to next post

Edited by najma123 - 9 years ago
Antara123 thumbnail
Note
Won't take too long. Finally, we come to the end of this story that I started in April 2014. Would have ended this in April, but you guys would have killed and buried me by then.πŸ˜†

Sorry for the extra late update! I hope hemakeerti is satisfied with the length of the update. 
Kal, Anu, Preet, Varsha Sara,dodoneha, rima, spvd- my silent and mellow reader, radhika, ruthsalini, everyone else I missed, I love you loads!

Kal, my PMist! I have one OS pending, and another one will be pending. I am sorry for that delay too, sweetheart. Nancy, my Banner maker, you have wishes pending. πŸ˜†
Tahni, my first ever banner was made by you! Thanks a ton for that!
I added everyone's name in case I miss someone's. If I still have, I apologise to you.😳

spvdrima4ever,   

You guys made it worth writing. What is a writer without a reader? You put up with my late updates, tantrums, short updates, horrible updates, everything! I met and befriended so many of you through this story. That is more invaluable than anything else! 

I am bad at such Thank you notes. xD Don't know what else to say.

I don't watch Jodha Akbar anymore. I will continue to write. But not now. I have another SS to start which I will probably do so in March? It will be a kind of sequel to this one. Though, I have no clue where it is headed myself. πŸ˜†

I hope to meet all of you there! Some of you have been with me from the start, some joined later. 
I love all of you so much it is hard to express! β€οΈ

God bless you! Please continue pestering me for updates. Keep Liking and commenting and spread the love! 

With loads of love, blessings and wishes,

Naaj ( hema, to you.)πŸ˜‰
Edited by najma123 - 9 years ago
hemakeerti thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Kalgi22

Naj😑😭

yes yes Naaj.. 😑😑😑
This girl is an epitome of laziness.. 😑😑
Kalgi22 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: hemakeerti

yes yes Naaj.. 😑😑😑

🀣
Antara123 thumbnail

yes yes Naaj.. 😑😑😑

Updated guys. Thanks hema for the compliement.πŸ˜†πŸ˜† Sorry guys for the delay!
hemakeerti thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: najma123

Updated guys. Thanks hema for the compliement.πŸ˜†πŸ˜† Sorry guys for the delay!

besharam πŸ˜†.. let me read and come back πŸ˜‰
Antara123 thumbnail

besharam πŸ˜†.. let me read and come back πŸ˜‰

LOL. Fine. Take your time. Hum paidaishi besharam hain.πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†
Pba123 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
A lovely end
A hot sr chapter for lovely couple
swriter thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
nice chapter and nice story hey truly ye story end ho gayi hain but i want more chapy from this story🀒 it's so sad😭 but nice story keep writing πŸ˜³
meenakaliswaran thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
hai,
[X]
its very hot sr
and a very very sound ending
can't accept the end of this SS
very beautiful journey end in a very short period 
ur writing skill is very unique u have a cute way of thinking
pls write more ans share with us 
and have mention my name thanks for take my comment and thanking me 
pls give one new SS very soon 
jalal jodha spend a very amazing time u made vision of that in word very well! i wish u have not ended it but every story will have end one day but waiting for ur new one with new ideas 
god bless u and ur family!
keep going is life so keep writing on and on don't stop it!
Its a gift by god not everyone can do it u have that so pls keep on when ever u have r feel writing and do Pm me all time u do
miss u badly drunk jodha is a dream of every JA loversβ€οΈπŸ‘πŸ˜­
all feeling in one go for u