Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.GrangerMalfoy. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
It's not your parents fault, it's something that's ingrained in our society. That 'kalas' are inferior.

Make them watch a movie about racial discrimination. Tell them everybody is equal.

Since you said you're still young for marriage, start from now, keep teaching not to discriminate and make them read articles on how Africans are treated in India as being inferior. Basically stuff like that. Hoperfully , by the time you get around to marrying they'll realise their mistake 😛 😆

Originally posted by: blue-ice

See its not the Indian parent's lookout that they want a spouse of the same race for their kids...but you will find this in every race...people generally don't want their kids to go and marry out of their race...

Having said that...If an AA is well educated, well behaved and is holding a good and stable job then I think your parents would warm up to him and agree eventually...Marrying in the same race is also no guarantee that the marriage will be successful...while I have seen a lot of interracial marriages being successful...I personally don't care about the race...because there are a lot of asshole Indian boys who treat their wives like shit...so as long as the boy is respecting of who you are...u should be fine and so will be ur parents...Good luck. 

That's what I am thinking marrying in the ethnicity/community does not mean it's gonna be ever lasting or more successful. I think the notion of kids having to marry their own is even more predominant in Indian or 'brown' culture than other cultures imo.
Originally posted by: sali.nautaki

hey girl, i know exactly how you feel. but my situation is less complicated than yours. my BF is brown, but he's from another country + diff religion and he would never be accepted by my parents

for you the case is even worse because indian parents would generally NEVER accept a black guy because us brown people unfortunately tend to think we are WAY above black people

tbh though, it's one thing to be attracted to a group of people, and other to be committed to someone; so let time pass before you have to worry about such things. till then, enjoy life.

if you ever happen to find that guy who's perfect for you and he happens to be black, it'd be hard for your parents to accept. but not to be rude, they'll (most likely) be gone before you are. you're the one who has to spend the remainder of however many decades without your parents, and with the guy of your choosing, maybe settle down, have a family with him, etc.

do what you want when you happen to find the guy you want. ðŸ˜Š
life's too short anyway

can I ask you what your boyfriend is? I hope everything works out for the both of you and your parents come around and give you their blessings.  I don't understand why parents oppose love anyways. We're not in the 1960's anymore, the world is getting more and more diverse and is mixing more and more. I hope you are right, and everything works out for me as well when I do find a guy who happens to be black.
sali.nautaki thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: AkaiShuichiGirl

can I ask you what your boyfriend is? I hope everything works out for the both of you and your parents come around and give you their blessings.  I don't understand why parents oppose love anyways. We're not in the 1960's anymore, the world is getting more and more diverse and is mixing more and more. I hope you are right, and everything works out for me as well when I do find a guy who happens to be black.

he's Sri Lankan. And my parents look down on sri lankans, on the basis that their "country isn't as wealthy" as ours, they aren't as "well cultured" as us, and most importantly, that sri lankans are "dark" hence = ugly. yet my BF is smarter and better cultured than other indian boys i've seen ðŸ˜†
i can't with the backward mindedness of people ðŸ˜• lol

thank you very much <3 I hope everything works out for you too!! just remember that it's your life and no matter what your parents say, at the end of the day you have to live with your decisions for the next many decades

and you're right in what you said in another post! mixed babies are just the cutest! esp when the mom and dad are from diff races. they literally get the best of both worlds
Edited by sali.nautaki - 10 years ago
alina.b thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
1) You fall in love with a person not a race. If you are attracted to a certain race and think its love, then you're wrong. You fall in love with someone's personality.

2) As for your parent's mentality, sadly its very common amongst Indians living abroad here in USA. Indians or in fact any foreigners who hate "Goras and Kalas" aka any Americans (different races and religion), get this straight: We are living in THEIR country. If You think Americans are so racist then you would have never been in this country in the first place. You came to this country because you weren't satisfied with your native country so you came here for a better future! So if you want the money, good education, and all the other good stuff, you better learn to respect and live with ALL KINDS OF AMERICANS regardless of their race, color, or religion. STOP BEING IGNORANT!

I'm sorry I wasn't talking to you specifically TM. Your parent's attitude like many other Indians just kinda pissed me off. My rant won't probably help you much so I'm sorry.

Good luck for your future!Edited by shweta2728 - 10 years ago
VivaEmptiness thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
@TM I hope you find one that looks like Chritian Keyes

Nabakov_Musings thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
well from what ive seen black guys love indian girls. ive never understood the attraction but oh well. do what your heart says and screw societal pressures. the only colour in love present is red, so believe in only that shade ;) <3
CeaselessBanter thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
This topic has been explored rather beautifully in this film, Mississippi Masala by Mira Nair starring Denzel.
The trailer
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hANXylrNck8[/YOUTUBE]

S_H_Y thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Good for you, Once you go black ðŸ˜‰
Salz. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: RoAya

Calm down that was clearly a joke I see you missed how I said "my friend is black"
That's what people usually say when they say racist shit!

And I couldn't give a shit what anyone thinks of brown people, I'm afghani and I've heard racist shit all my life. You have to develop thick skin, you can't let everything get to you.

Oh a fellow afghan. Cool.
I, on the other hand never faced any racism...unless you count my friends stupid terrorist jokes.
Everyone's experience is quite different.