Need your help forum members!

arthivijay thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Hello IF team for Vaani Raani serial,
I am new to this forum, though I have been IF member since long time. I used to watch telugu version of VR. Now suddenly without warning the channel has discontinued it. (This is the third time this happened, earlier also they discontinued 'Shravani Subrahmanyam' and Oohala Pallakilo suddenly 😡😡). Then I came to know these serials are continuing in Tamil and only telugu version is gone.

I really want to thank the team for the sterling job they are doing by providing written updates of the episodes in English. 👏👏 For a non tamil speaker like me who knows only basic tamil phrases, your updates are really helping me to follow along what my fave characters are saying. 

Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you! 

Here and there I may chime in to ask the meaning of tamil phrase and I hope that is okay?

Please continue the good work of written updates in English.

-arthi

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shathirlala thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Yes we will gladly help you 😃
Sometimes, it's better and easier to substitute a tamil word/phrase 😆
So any words you can't understand, we will gladly help you 😃
arthivijay thumbnail
Thank you, Shatirlala!  Hopefully in the long run my spoken tamil will also improve!
I just wanted to clarify something. This is not regarding your comments to each other. Somehow I am totally able to get the gist of what you r saying. So please dont get conscious and all! My problem is only with what the characters say in the serial. The character dialogue sentences are little tougher to understand. Maybe that  they r using a high funda tamil? Or more purer form? I dont know. 
Edited by arthivijay - 10 years ago
Shathirlala thumbnail

Originally posted by: arthivijay

Thank you, Shatirlala!  Hopefully in the long run my spoken tamil will also improve!

I just wanted to clarify something. This is not regarding your comments to each other. Somehow I am totally able to get the gist of what you r saying. So please dont get conscious and all! My problem is only with what the characters say in the serial. The character dialogue sentences are little tougher to understand. Maybe that  they r using a high funda tamil? Or more purer form? I dont know. 

We type in english mixed with Tamil 😃
They talk in Tamil mixed with English 😉😆
You can call me Shathir 
Your name Aarthi?  😃
Shathirlala thumbnail

I don't know how helpful this is to you
But the Tamil version of Shravani Subramanium, I think is Thendral.
This is still running and we have a forum for it, if you want to check it 😊
hide thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: arthivijay

Hello IF team for Vaani Raani serial,

I am new to this forum, though I have been IF member since long time. I used to watch telugu version of VR. Now suddenly without warning the channel has discontinued it. (This is the third time this happened, earlier also they discontinued 'Shravani Subrahmanyam' and Oohala Pallakilo suddenly 😡😡). Then I came to know these serials are continuing in Tamil and only telugu version is gone.

I really want to thank the team for the sterling job they are doing by providing written updates of the episodes in English. 👏👏 For a non tamil speaker like me who knows only basic tamil phrases, your updates are really helping me to follow along what my fave characters are saying. 

Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you! 

Here and there I may chime in to ask the meaning of tamil phrase and I hope that is okay?

Please continue the good work of written updates in English.

-arthi

🤣 you are welcome.. i will join you...but unfortunately most of the tamil people here also struggle with tamil 😃.. i requested them for song translation they could not help me...😃.. so please do adjust..😉..on the whole they are nice people from various parts of the world.. & bit slow in responding and updating in comparison with hindi forums where you get immediate update and discussions..😃
Shathirlala thumbnail

Originally posted by: hide

🤣 you are welcome.. i will join you...but unfortunately most of the tamil people here also struggle with tamil 😃.. i requested them for song translation they could not help me...😃.. so please do adjust..😉..on the whole they are nice people from various parts of the world.. & bit slow in responding and updating in comparison with hindi forums where you get immediate update and discussions..😃

Lol
Translating a whole song is different from translating a small phrase 😉
Hindi forum, there are so many people and the thread is always active 
Tamil forum, we're a tight knit community coming for a brief period of time 😆
mellisai thumbnail
Good to see u back in Tamil section, Aarthi.
Do u still follow Thendral?
arthivijay thumbnail

Ya I am arthi. 

Actually I didnt get the chance to follow Thendral in a timely way. When SravaniSub.. was stopped it was at 335 or so episodes and more than 18 months ago. I just left it. Only recently after 2 more experiences ( like this only, of showing 250 -300 episodes of a really gripping/good story and getting us hooked and then sudden stop)  I got really fed up and started following VR in  this forum. I am reasonably caught up with VR.   thendral is running in 1100 or so episode. It will require looot of time and effort and dedication for me to catch up Thendral . Even for VR, though I am only a week or so behind it requires lot of effort n all since I dont know Tamil.

Btw, I posted a question on the April 16 updates and discussion thread. Can you please see it and answer it.

Thanks in advance,
-arthi
hide thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Shathirlala

Lol
Translating a whole song is different from translating a small phrase 😉
Hindi forum, there are so many people and the thread is always active 
Tamil forum, we're a tight knit community coming for a brief period of time 😆

thank god at least one person stood up and defended fast..😃👏