{One Shot} Tum Hi Ho

Posted: 9 years ago

This is my first attempt of writing on PaRud. The one shot is based on the wedding anniversary ball of  Singh Sir and Geetanjali ma'am.

Tum Hi Ho

Paro's outfit 

Rudra's outfit

The hall was decorated in gold with floor to ceiling white drapes along the walls and pillars. There was a large chandelier in the middle of the hall. Everything seemed grand, this big city felt too big for Paro. Afterall she had never been out of Birpur till Rudra took her to his house.

Paro clutched the end of her lengha seeing so many people in the hall, the majority of whom she was unfamiliar with. The only ones she was familiar with were Singh Sir, Aman and Rudra himself.

Rudra looked at her and saw her fearful expression; he gazed at the hall and slid his hand in Paro's. They walked in together, many eyes turned towards them, Major Rudra Pratap Ranawat with a girl, his newly wedded wife who also happened to be his witness once upon a time.  Paro gripped his hand tighter and Rudra muttered under his breath while smiling at his coworkers, "Paro do you intend to stop the blood circulation in my hand?" She looked down and saw his palm getting pale due to her hold. She loosened her grip and she sheepishly smiled.

Rudra spotted Singh sir along with Aman and they made their way into that direction. Singh smiled, "Finally you two are here..."

Rudra said, "Happy anniversary sir."

Paro followed suit, "Sal ghira Mubarak ho." (Congratulations on your anniversary.)

Singh smiled, "Thank you." He then asked, "Parvati how are you?"

Paro replied, "I'm fine."

Aman smiled at Paro, "Bhabhi you look nice."

Paro returned the smile and replied, "Shukriya Aman baisa."

Rudra looked around, "Sir where is Geetanjali ma'am?"

Geetanjali's outfit

Before Singh could say a word, Geetanjali stood at the top of the long staircase, like a perfect hostess. She looked gorgeous, dressed in a pink lengha choli with gold and black embroidery. As she got to the end of the staircase, everyone's eyes were fixed on her.  People rushed to congratulate her, she greeted everyone and sweetly thanked them in return for all their wishes they showered her with. Soon after Geetanjali's eyes caught the person she had wanted to see. She called, "Ruu draa..." She excused herself from the group around her and walked over to meet him.

Rudra hugged her and said,"Happy Anniversary Geetanjali ma'am." She smiled, "Thank you Rudra."

Geetanjali looked behind Rudra's shoulder and saw a girl. She looked at Rudra and asked, "Won't you introduce us?"

Rudra slightly shifted so Paro was now next to him. Rudra said, "Paro this is Geetanjali ma'am, Singh sir's wife... and Ma'am this is my wife Parvati."

Paro foldered her hands at Geetanjali, "Khama ghani."

Geetanjali smiled and replied, "Ghani khama."

Paro bent and seeked her blessings. "Sal ghira Mubarak ho ma'am." (Congratulations on your anniversary.)

She blessed Paro and said, "Thank you."  She then turned to Rudra, "I definitely approve of your choice. Bohut pyaari hai." (She's very loving.)

After the cake cutting, everyone began to dance with their partners. As Geetanjali danced with her husband, she noticed Paro and Rudra off to the side of the hall. They were not dancing at all. Geetanjali excused herself from her husband and went over to Rudra.

She pulled him aside from Paro and spoke in a soft tone, "Rudra why don't you dance with Paro, all the other couples are dancing and you all are sitting..."

Before Rudra could say protest, Geetanjali added, "I know you don't dance much, but you can do this much for me can't you..."

Emotional blackmail, she always did it and Rudra always gave in. Not only Rudra but her husband Singh sir himself. So who was Rudra to not follow the orders.

He nodded and Geetanjali beamed with happiness. She pushed him in Paro's direction, "Go on." Then she returned to her husband's side.

Rudra asked in a low voice, "Paro would you like to dance?"

Paro looked at him in disbelief. She questioned, "Dance and you?" She started laughing.

Rudra gritted his teeth, "What are you laughing for? I only asked because all the other couples are dancing..."

Paro stifled her laughter, "I laughed because...never mind" She asked the number one question, "Can you dance?"

Rudra put his hand out, "See for yourself."

She muttered under her breath, "I hope your dancing isn't like your singing."

Rudra asked, "What did you say?"
Paro smiled and shook her head, "Nothing." She put her palm into his and he led her onto the dance floor.

Just as they got on the dance floor, the song changed to Tum Hi Ho. The lights dimmed and all the couples were in their own little love world.

Hum tere bin ab reh nahin sakte
Tere bina kyaa vajood meraa
(x2)

I can't live without you now,
What's my existence without you...

Rudra pulled her closer making her shudder because of their close proximity. He took her right hand and placed it on his left shoulder. He then wound his left arm around her waist. She gulped feeling the contact of Rudra's hand on her bare waist.

Tujh se judaa gar ho jaayenge
To khud se hi ho jaayenge judaa

If I get separated from you,
I'll be separated from my own self..

He took her left hand into his right hand and they began moving slowly. After a few minutes she got used to the steps of the slow dance and they moved in rhythm.

Kyunki tum hi ho
Ab tum hi ho
Zindagi, ab tum hi ho
Chain bhi, meraa dard bhi
Meri aashiqui ab tum hi ho

Because you alone are,
Now you only are,
life. You're my life.
My peace, and my pain,
you alone are my love..

Rudra kept his gaze on Paro while they moved slowly. He was so attracted to her, why was she a khoobsurat aurat? Why did she care about him so much.

She knew deep down he cared for her, it was evident in his eyes. No matter what he said about their relationship she knew one day he would love her as much as she loved him.

Teraa meraa rishtaa hai kaisaa
Ik pal door gawaaraa nahi
Tere liye har roz hain jeete
Tujh ko diyaa meraa waqt sabhi
Koi lamhaa meraa naa ho tere binaa
Har saans pe naam teraa

How's this relationship of ours,
I don't like distance of even a moment
Every day, I live for you
All my time is for you..
There shouldn't be a moment of mine without you,
There is your name on every breath.

Paro unconsciously kept her head on Rudra's chest while they danced. Feeling the warmth of her love; she was content that she was in his arms.

Rudra nuzzled his face into her hair and inhaled her strawberry flavoured shampoo. He liked it. It was refreshing just like her.

Tere liye hi jiyaa main
Khud ko jo yoon de diya hai
Teri wafaa ne mujh ko sambhaalaa
Saare ghamon ko dil se nikaala
Tere saath mera hai naseeb juDaa
Tujhe paa ke adhoora naa raha

For you, I lived
I have given myself (to you)
Your faith [actually means 'my love for you' here] took care of me
Took all the sorrows from (my) heart
With you my fate is attached,
Getting you, Nothing is incomplete (within me, I got completed)..

She looked up at Rudra and tried to read him eyes. Before she could say anything, he hugged her tightly.

Why?

He didn't know but he would deal with that later, because he wanted to do so; that was a good enough  reason for now, as he was hugging his wife...

Mrs. Parvati Rudra Pratap Ranawat.

Shocked!! That was the least of Paro's reactions when she felt her husband wound his strong arms around her, caressing her back and her hair.

She didn't think about why he did this... because if she did, she would miss out on the beautiful moment they were sharing. So she drove that thought away as she was in the arms of her husband...

Major Rudra Pratap Ranwat.

As the song ended, everyone began clapping, making Rudra and Paro aware of their surroundings. They pulled apart and saw they were in the centre of the dance floor while everyone was gathered around them.  As the crowd around them started to dissolve, Rudra and Paro saw Geetanjali , Singh Sir  and Aman walking towards them.  

Geetanjali came towards them, "Seems like the newlyweds are enjoying themselves."

Singh joined his wife, "Yes, Rudra and Parvati... it surely seems so."

Aman smiled widely, "Bhabhi you danced well... Rudra not too bad." He said teasingly at the latter.

The trio left before Rudra or Paro could say a word. Maybe they were afraid of Rudra's wrath.

But surprisingly there was no wrath. He looked down at a blushing Paro and led her off the dance floor and towards their table.

⭐️

My interpretation of what I thought would happen at the ball and the dance... Hope you all enjoyed it.

Twitter account:  https://twitter.com/_Arnav_Khushi_

Writing Index:  Sarita's Writing Index

Edited by sarita_barun - 9 years ago
awesome hope we see this next week:)
Very sweet!!
Hope that he will find her irresistible when he dances with her on the show...
Lovely os Sarita !!! 
PaRud Dance on TUM HI HO  hope we will see something like this in show ! 
i'm in La La Land of PaRud ! 
loved it
Lovely πŸ˜³ πŸ˜³
Thanx for pm πŸ€—

This is so Beautiful 
Awesome workπŸ‘πŸΌ
Beautiful written πŸ‘πŸ‘
Superb OS πŸ‘πŸ‘
Loved it πŸ˜³
Edited by Aisha1996 - 9 years ago
Awesome
The dance sequence is beautifully describe.
I hope to see this in the drama too.
Nyc update dr
vry well written
So can see this happening!! Loved it