Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aimf thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
@ Heema

ITA with you. There are shades of intrigue, and overall the plot is not without possibilities, but right now it is really anorexic, and needs to move on beyond pitting women against each other. We get it that it is very difficult to be the "chodi hui aurat" even in today's india, without the CVs trying to push it down our throats with a stick in each episode. Also, can we have a break from the "sacrificial bakra"🀒 act for which telly serials are famous??
Heema22 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: aimf

@ Heema

ITA with you. There are shades of intrigue, and overall the plot is not without possibilities, but right now it is really anorexic, and needs to move on beyond pitting women against each other. We get it that it is very difficult to be the "chodi hui aurat" even in today's india, without the CVs trying to push it down our throats with a stick in each episode. Also, can we have a break from the "sacrificial bakra"🀒 act for which telly serials are famous??

Finally I am cought up .πŸ‘ I really want to see Devyani as a normal strong  girl .πŸ‘I hate this Mahanta and tyagi women . I don't want to see her scarifying her own needs and love . Today's precap doesnot look good but I might be wrong .

Why every heroine has to slap her man ? Devyani slapped Yuvrag too..in reality how many women slap people ?🀣

Over all the storyline is still intersting as you said lots of possibilities . But  hope two sister stop fighting over a same man .πŸ˜ƒ
 I agree I don't want Devysni " Bali ka bakara "😭

I want them to speed up a bit .πŸ‘

That mother is overwhelming .🀣

PS 

That Sasuma is Hypocrite . Her husband left her , why she put Devyani down for being Divorcee ? Isn't that exactly same thing ? Her Mangalsutra and shindoor has no value .🀣.🀣It hope Devyani is brave enough to point it out to her πŸ‘
Edited by Heema22 - 9 years ago
aimf thumbnail
@Heema

I am enjoying your thoughts on the episodes. Re: your post script, I think this is exactly where the possibilities for the serial lie. I think if the CVs are insightful about it, they can choose to probe into the internalized oppression of women in India and actually make a decent statement out of this.

The MIL is trying to overcompensate having been abandoned by her own husband by being in denial and projecting her intense discomfort towards other women in her own situation. In her bid to gain respectability and live in her society, she has ignored introspecting upon her own situation with self-compassion and non judgement. Subconsciously tormented by the ghouls of self-criticism and non acceptance of her own condition, Ambika, the MIL has developed 2 coping mechanisms:

1. being in control of everything and everyone all the time; and,
2. projecting her subconscious self-loath on other women, especially her daughters in law.

Therefore, the MIL cannot stand the elder daughter in law, whose vulnerable condition is a painful reminder of her own condition, and her inability to forgive herself for having been left by her husband in a helpless situation. Ambika cannot stand the youngest daughter in law as her very person who has openly flouted her obsession for control.

In other words, Ambika's treatment of Vedika, the elder daughter in law exemplifies # 2, and  her interactions with Sweety, the youngest one, illustrates # 1.

It will be interesting to see what will happen when Devyani enters the household as the middle daughter in law. Will she be an effective mediator of the treatment doled out to the elder and the younger DILs? Will her presence lead to the healing of old wounds of her MIL, Ambika, or will she first 
serve to air out more coping mechanisms? Only time will tell.

On an unrelated note, can they please speed things up?? Is repeatedly zeroing in on every face and turning it into sepia toned stills set to loud music the only way to show shock?? πŸ˜†

Heema22 thumbnail

@Heema

I am enjoying your thoughts on the episodes. Re: your post script, I think this is exactly where the possibilities for the serial lie. I think if the CVs are insightful about it, they can choose to probe into the internalized oppression of women in India and actually make a decent statement out of this.

The MIL is trying to overcompensate having been abandoned by her own husband by being in denial and projecting her intense discomfort towards other women in her own situation. In her bid to gain respectability and live in her society, she has ignored introspecting upon her own situation with self-compassion and non judgement. Subconsciously tormented by the ghouls of self-criticism and non acceptance of her own condition, Ambika, the MIL has developed 2 coping mechanisms:

1. being in control of everything and everyone all the time; and,
2. projecting her subconscious self-loath on other women, especially her daughters in law.

Therefore, the MIL cannot stand the elder daughter in law, whose vulnerable condition is a painful reminder of her own condition, and her inability to forgive herself for having been left by her husband in a helpless situation. Ambika cannot stand the youngest daughter in law as her very person who has openly flouted her obsession for control.

In other words, Ambika's treatment of Vedika, the elder daughter in law exemplifies # 2, and  her interactions with Sweety, the youngest one, illustrates # 1.

It will be interesting to see what will happen when Devyani enters the household as the middle daughter in law. Will she be an effective mediator of the treatment doled out to the elder and the younger DILs? Will her presence lead to the healing of old wounds of her MIL, Ambika, or will she first 
serve to air out more coping mechanisms? Only time will tell.

On an unrelated note, can they please speed things up?? Is repeatedly zeroing in on every face and turning it into sepia toned stills set to loud music the only way to show shock?? πŸ˜†

You are absolutely right about Ambica . There is reason why she is written as control freak .she is very threaten about loosing control . I think Devyani will very Mahan Bahu who will give justice to both daughter in laws . She is strong enough to do it but at a same time she might not be fair to herself .

I think Shurva (  I think that's his name ) character is written properly . I love the fact that he was brave enough to stand up to his control freak , anteryami mother . I like the fact he apologized to chutaki . 

You are correct again . Editing needs to improve . They need to speed  up the show and storyline . How many times Chachi need to say same thing over and over again ? . They need to move on . It's getting old . Fathers character is good but I like the other actor ,he was better .  
Heema22 thumbnail
BTW @ aimf 
I can go on and on about BG and songs . I thinks it ruins the scene . It's so stupid . πŸ€£.🀣.🀣

@ Heema

Let us see how the plot unfolds. Right now there are no answers to the following questions:

1. What kind of a family conveniently keeps a filled kerosene ka dabba on a shelf in their bedroom?
2. Okay, let us let go of the first point. Who in their right minds wishes to immolate themselves
just because the engagement with a perfect stranger that they had not even met does not take place?
3. Why is there so much loud BG music, annoying and downing out the dialogues?
4. I can understand how Anoushka came under Chachi's vile influence and started to doubt her sister. But why/when did Anoushka get so silly and mentally unstable as to lose her sense of reason.
5. Why is Devyani a self-sacrificing queen? If that is how her character was to be drawn, then why were we shown a taste of the modern, educated, self-respecting and intelligent Devyani? Where did the CVs hide her and why?

@ rani

Please do join in the discussion when you can.
rani2007 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I'm  behind on the show a little so will join in once I catch up.

I did speak to Nivedita.  She said thanks for the support 😊
rani2007 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Btw did this is happen already?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swWScFX8l4U[/YOUTUBE]
Edited by rani2007 - 9 years ago
aimf thumbnail
@rani
Yes, the scene happened but shaurya refused to get engaged to the sister

Good that you were able to speak with Nivedita
Heema22 thumbnail

@ Heema

Let us see how the plot unfolds. Right now there are no answers to the following questions:

1. What kind of a family conveniently keeps a filled kerosene ka dabba on a shelf in their bedroom?
2. Okay, let us let go of the first point. Who in their right minds wishes to immolate themselves
just because the engagement with a perfect stranger that they had not even met does not take place?
3. Why is there so much loud BG music, annoying and downing out the dialogues?
4. I can understand how Anoushka came under Chachi's vile influence and started to doubt her sister. But why/when did Anoushka get so silly and mentally unstable as to lose her sense of reason.
5. Why is Devyani a self-sacrificing queen? If that is how her character was to be drawn, then why were we shown a taste of the modern, educated, self-respecting and intelligent Devyani? Where did the CVs hide her and why?

@ rani

Please do join in the discussion when you can.

I am late again . But as they say better to be late than never .
You made excellent points . Writers forget that these days no one gets engaged without meeting each other or not even knowing persons name . Who assumes anything ? Not too smart .

Why are they showing the father so speechless ? These two are his daughters . I wanted to see him showing door to Chachi . Mahesh getting on my last nerve and Devayani Devata is ready to marry him ? Which man will marry a girl who slapped him ? Unless you are madly in love with her and them you don't give a damn like Shaurya .

They are dealing with lots of social issues . We got some hints .vidhava vivah  must be upcoming track . Now we know what happened to older brother . 

Please CV speed up . Cut down the BG . Show Devayani with guts and fight back . Chachis character is very annoying , no one can overtake her ? Sooo stupid . Now we know why they killed the mother .

I still watching so it must be interesting πŸ€£