Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sukanya_Datta thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
Virat Parva - The Kurus attack Matsya

As per the plan, the Kurus attacked the Matsya kingdom from the north side, a day after Trigartas attacked them from the south. The Kauravas came with their full might - the warriors included Bhishm, Drona, Kripa, Ashwatthama, Karna, etc. They found the cattle stock grazing and immediately attacked the cowherds rearing them. Driving them away, they began to collect the cattle and hoarding them together. Soon they had rounded up more than 10,000 cows. The terrified cowherds ran to the capital.

As we know the king was away in the southern mission at that time. The kingdom was bare and young prince Bhuminjaya (also known as Uttar) was presiding over the royal matters at that time. The prince was surrounded by the women folk at the time when the cowherds reached him. The cowherds complained to him, "O prince, the Kurus have attacked from the north and stolen our cows. We depend upon you to protect us, O hero. Defend the honour of our race. The king has always praised your heroism and power. Taking whatever soldiers that still remain in the city, display your power. You are this kingdom's greatest support. Please save us and our livelihood."

Addressed and praised thus, Bhuminjaya rose and said, "I shall surely rise and fight. I shall show you all my prowess. But my charioteer was recently slain and I do not have one right now. If I have a able charioteer, I will alone fight a tremendous battle with the haughty Kauravas and not only recover our stolen wealth but teach them a lesson as well. Entering into their army of elephants, chariots and horsemen, I will destroy them. After striking terror into the hearts of Duryodhan, Bhishm, Karna and Kripa, I will bring back the cows. The assembled Kurus will see my prowess and will wonder whether it is Arjun who is fighting with them."

(It should be noted that Bhuminjaya or Uttar was a weak prince and mostly spent his time surrounded by women. He used to watch his sister Uttara learn dancing from Brihannala and enjoyed the dance sessions. The ensuing battle was the awakening of the man within him.)

Brihannala was in the company when this was happening. Arjun (Brihannala) was waiting long to face the Kauravas. An opportunity presented itself. He smiled and went away to find Sairandhri. He said to Draupadi, "The prince is need of an able charioteer. Please go and persuade the prince to hire me as his charioteer. Tell him that I was once Arjun's charioteer. O beautiful princess, convince him. I cannot wait to face the Kauravas in battle."

Draupadi went to find Uttar (Bhuminjaya) who was still boasting about his might to the ladies who were too willing to listen. Unable to listen to his constant references and comparison to Arjun, Draupadi said to him, "O Prince, I hear that you are looking for a charioteer. Brihannala was once a disciple of Arjun and he taught him many arts including driving a chariot. He was Arjun's able charioteer for quite some time till unforeseen circumstances drove the Pandavas to exile. It was Brihannala who was Arjun's charioteer when Arjun devastated the Khandava forest and brought even Indra to concede defeat." Uttar was unconvinced. But gradually Draupadi bore him down. The other women too wanting to hear more tales of glory from the hands of Uttar encouraged him.

"But he is eunuch. How can I ask him to be my charioteer?", asked Uttar.

"Have your sister ask him, O hero. He will certainly do her bidding. Do not hesitate to engage him. With Brihannala as your charioteer, you will undoubtedly vanquish the Kurus and rescue the cows", said Draupadi.

Still doubtful, Uttar asked his sister Uttara to fetch Brihannala. When Brihannala appeared, Uttar asked him, "O Brihannala, I heard that you were once Arjun's charioteer. I heard that the famous Pandava depended upon you and your skills in times of battle. As you drove Arjun's chariot into battle against his foes, so today you should drive mine against the Kurus."

Arjun glanced downwards, playing with the long braid of hair that hung down his side. Playing shy and coy he said, "What power do I have to act as a charioteer? Had you wanted song and dance, then I would have been the right choice. How can I drive horses into battle?" The prince looked at Brihannala. Although a eunuch, he was huge-bodied and appeared to possess great power. His arms, covered with bangles and bracelets, seemed like decorated serpents, and his shoulders, draped with white silk, were as broad as a palace door. Having faith in Sairandhri's words, Bhuminjaya said, "O Brihannala, whatever you may be, drive my chariot today. We shall challenge the wicked Kurus on the battlefield."

The prince had a suit of armour brought for Arjun. As if to make fun, Arjun struggled to put it on in various wrong ways. He appeared bewildered and dropped the armour with a loud clatter. The palace ladies laughed and Bhuminjaya came over to help him don the shining mail. He then led Arjun out to his chariot, which flew a flag bearing the sign of a lion. The prince climbed aboard his chariot, his armour shining brilliantly in the morning sun. Arjun took his place at the front of the chariot and held the reins. When they were about to leave, young princess Uttara came out running and called out to him, "O Brihannala, after the prince defeats the Kurus, take from them their fine silks and clothes as a token of your victory. I desire to make clothes for my dolls out of the angavastras."

"When the prince has overpowered the Kurus I shall surely bring back many beautiful clothes for you," Arjun replied, throwing back his hair. As Bhuminjaya was about to set off for battle, the Brahmins blessed him: "May that great victory which Arjun obtained at Khandava be yours today when you meet the Kurus," and they walked around the chariot with their hands held palms outwards.

Arjun urged on the horses and the chariot moved off with a deep rumbling sound. Guided by Arjun, the horses, decorated with golden necklaces and silver armour, seemed to fly through the air. Within a short time the chariot came within sight of the Kurus and Arjun brought it to a halt. They were not far from the cremation ground where his weapons were kept. The prince and Arjun gazed at the Kuru army in the distance. It seemed like a vast ocean, or a forest of high trees moving through the sky. The dust raised by the army rose up in a great cloud that screened the sun.

Uttar now realized the full task ahead of him. His mouth fell open. He had never seen such a large army. Indeed he had never been to a battle before and Matsya's own army was small. His hair stood on their ends and he looked terrified. His bow dropped from his hands. He said aloud, "Is this an army or an ocean? How can I fight alone with this army? Look who are commanding the divisions of the army. Pitamah Bhishm, the aged warrior, who still can defeat the greatest in his prime even today. Acharya Drona to whom nothing is unknown in astra and shastra knowledge. Kripacharya, his brother-in-law and his equal. Ashwatthama, his valiant son. Karna, radiant like the son, who recently completed digvijay all alone. Duryodhan and his brothers. All alone each of these warriors is undefeatable. Together they can crush any enemy like an elephant can crush a forest. I cannot fight this army alone. I must be mad. Simply seeing them from a distance I have become terrified."

Wailing loudly, the prince ordered Arjun to return to the city. "It is not wise to confront this army. My father has gone out with the army and I am alone. I have not practiced the skills of warfare. I am only a boy. I cannot overcome those who are expert in arms. O Brihannala, head back to the capital."

Arjun turned and faced the prince, "O prince, you are only increasing the delight of the enemy. They are laughing at you already. You have become pale even before the start of the fight. Remember that you are a kshatriya. It is your duty to fight. Remember that before the women you boasted about your prowess and said that you are better than Arjun. You said that you will punish the haughty Kurus and bring back the cows. Now how can you return back even without a fight? You will be derided by everyone. As for myself, eulogized by Sairandhri and commanded by you, I have come here to defeat the Kurus. I will not return without achieving that goal. Stop wailing and let us proceed into battle."

Bhuminjaya stood shaking in the chariot. "Let the Kurus take our wealth as they please. Let men and women laugh at me. Let the cows go anywhere. Let the city be desolate. Let me fear my father. I cannot enter the battle." The prince jumped down from his chariot and began to run back toward the city. Arjun called out to him, "A brave kshatriya never flees the battlefield. Better to die in battle than to run in fear."

Bhuminjaya did not listen. With his long sword swinging from side to side as he ran, he did not even look back. Arjun sprang from the chariot and ran after him. Having seen the chariot's approach, the Kurus had moved toward them. They saw the prince running in fear and an unusual figure pursuing him, his long braid and white silks streaming in the breeze. The Kuru soldiers laughed and said to one another, "Who is this person, who appears to be a eunuch? He is fire concealed by ashes. Although assuming the form of a neuter, he has the body of an elephant. Indeed he resembles Arjun, with the same head, the same neck, and the same mace-like arms. His movements also resemble those of the Pandava."

(Note: Here Bhuminjaya or Uttar is called a kshatriya by Arjun. This is slightly debatable. His father was a kshatriya but mother a soota.)

The Kurus gazed at Brihannala as he raced after the prince. Clearly he was no eunuch. Surely it was Arjun in disguise. Who else would have dared to face the Kuru army alone? Obviously the Matsya prince had ventured to fight simply out of childishness. It seemed that Arjun was trying to stop him from fleeing. The Kuru warriors watched the scene, not quite certain if they were seeing Arjun or not.

Catching Bhuminjaya, Arjun seized him. The prince cried out, "Let me go! O Brihannala, turn back the chariot. Only one who lives can secure prosperity and happiness. When we get back I will give you one hundred coins of pure gold, eight brilliant vaidurya gems, an excellent car drawn by the best of horses, and ten infuriated elephants if you release me."

Arjun said nothing. He dragged the prince back to the chariot. He then said, "O repressor of foes, if you do not like to fight, let us swap places. You govern the horses and I will fight the enemy. Protected by my arms you may fearlessly enter into the midst of the dreadful Kuru host. Why are you distraught, O hero? You are the foremost of kshatriyas and a great prince. Together we will overpower the Kurus and release the cows. Take the reins and we will proceed into battle."

Virat Parva 7 - The Kurus attack MatsyaAs per the plan, the Kurus attacked the Matsya kingdom from the north side, a day after Trigartas attacked them from the south. The Kauravas came with their full might - the warriors included Bhishm, Drona, Kripa, Ashwatthama, Karna, etc. They found the cattle stock grazing and immediately attacked the cowherds rearing them. Driving them away, they began to collect the cattle and hoarding them together. Soon they had rounded up more than 10,000 cows. The terrified cowherds ran to the capital.As we know the king was away in the southern mission at that time. The kingdom was bare and young prince Bhuminjaya (also known as Uttar) was presiding over the royal matters at that time. The prince was surrounded by the women folk at the time when the cowherds reached him. The cowherds complained to him, "O prince, the Kurus have attacked from the north and stolen our cows. We depend upon you to protect us, O hero. Defend the honour of our race. The king has always praised your heroism and power. Taking whatever soldiers that still remain in the city, display your power. You are this kingdom's greatest support. Please save us and our livelihood."Addressed and praised thus, Bhuminjaya rose and said, "I shall surely rise and fight. I shall show you all my prowess. But my charioteer was recently slain and I do not have one right now. If I have a able charioteer, I will alone fight a tremendous battle with the haughty Kauravas and not only recover our stolen wealth but teach them a lesson as well. Entering into their army of elephants, chariots and horsemen, I will destroy them. After striking terror into the hearts of Duryodhan, Bhishm, Karna and Kripa, I will bring back the cows. The assembled Kurus will see my prowess and will wonder whether it is Arjun who is fighting with them."(It should be noted that Bhuminjaya or Uttar was a weak prince and mostly spent his time surrounded by women. He used to watch his sister Uttara learn dancing from Brihannala and enjoyed the dance sessions. The ensuing battle was the awakening of the man within him.)Brihannala was in the company when this was happening. Arjun (Brihannala) was waiting long to face the Kauravas. An opportunity presented itself. He smiled and went away to find Sairandhri. He said to Draupadi, "The prince is need of an able charioteer. Please go and persuade the prince to hire me as his charioteer. Tell him that I was once Arjun's charioteer. O beautiful princess, convince him. I cannot wait to face the Kauravas in battle."Draupadi went to find Uttar (Bhuminjaya) who was still boasting about his might to the ladies who were too willing to listen. Unable to listen to his constant references and comparison to Arjun, Draupadi said to him, "O Prince, I hear that you are looking for a charioteer. Brihannala was once a disciple of Arjun and he taught him many arts including driving a chariot. He was Arjun's able charioteer for quite some time till unforeseen circumstances drove the Pandavas to exile. It was Brihannala who was Arjun's charioteer when Arjun devastated the Khandava forest and brought even Indra to concede defeat." Uttar was unconvinced. But gradually Draupadi bore him down. The other women too wanting to hear more tales of glory from the hands of Uttar encouraged him."But he is eunuch. How can I ask him to be my charioteer?", asked Uttar."Have your sister ask him, O hero. He will certainly do her bidding. Do not hesitate to engage him. With Brihannala as your charioteer, you will undoubtedly vanquish the Kurus and rescue the cows", said Draupadi.Still doubtful, Uttar asked his sister Uttara to fetch Brihannala. When Brihannala appeared, Uttar asked him, "O Brihannala, I heard that you were once Arjun's charioteer. I heard that the famous Pandava depended upon you and your skills in times of battle. As you drove Arjun's chariot into battle against his foes, so today you should drive mine against the Kurus."Arjun glanced downwards, playing with the long braid of hair that hung down his side. Playing shy and coy he said, "What power do I have to act as a charioteer? Had you wanted song and dance, then I would have been the right choice. How can I drive horses into battle?" The prince looked at Brihannala. Although a eunuch, he was huge-bodied and appeared to possess great power. His arms, covered with bangles and bracelets, seemed like decorated serpents, and his shoulders, draped with white silk, were as broad as a palace door. Having faith in Sairandhri's words, Bhuminjaya said, "O Brihannala, whatever you may be, drive my chariot today. We shall challenge the wicked Kurus on the battlefield."The prince had a suit of armour brought for Arjun. As if to make fun, Arjun struggled to put it on in various wrong ways. He appeared bewildered and dropped the armour with a loud clatter. The palace ladies laughed and Bhuminjaya came over to help him don the shining mail. He then led Arjun out to his chariot, which flew a flag bearing the sign of a lion. The prince climbed aboard his chariot, his armour shining brilliantly in the morning sun. Arjun took his place at the front of the chariot and held the reins. When they were about to leave, young princess Uttara came out running and called out to him, "O Brihannala, after the prince defeats the Kurus, take from them their fine silks and clothes as a token of your victory. I desire to make clothes for my dolls out of the angavastras.""When the prince has overpowered the Kurus I shall surely bring back many beautiful clothes for you," Arjun replied, throwing back his hair. As Bhuminjaya was about to set off for battle, the Brahmins blessed him: "May that great victory which Arjun obtained at Khandava be yours today when you meet the Kurus," and they walked around the chariot with their hands held palms outwards.Arjun urged on the horses and the chariot moved off with a deep rumbling sound. Guided by Arjun, the horses, decorated with golden necklaces and silver armour, seemed to fly through the air. Within a short time the chariot came within sight of the Kurus and Arjun brought it to a halt. They were not far from the cremation ground where his weapons were kept. The prince and Arjun gazed at the Kuru army in the distance. It seemed like a vast ocean, or a forest of high trees moving through the sky. The dust raised by the army rose up in a great cloud that screened the sun.Uttar now realized the full task ahead of him. His mouth fell open. He had never seen such a large army. Indeed he had never been to a battle before and Matsya's own army was small. His hair stood on their ends and he looked terrified. His bow dropped from his hands. He said aloud, "Is this an army or an ocean? How can I fight alone with this army? Look who are commanding the divisions of the army. Pitamah Bhishm, the aged warrior, who still can defeat the greatest in his prime even today. Acharya Drona to whom nothing is unknown in astra and shastra knowledge. Kripacharya, his brother-in-law and his equal. Ashwatthama, his valiant son. Karna, radiant like the son, who recently completed digvijay all alone. Duryodhan and his brothers. All alone each of these warriors is undefeatable. Together they can crush any enemy like an elephant can crush a forest. I cannot fight this army alone. I must be mad. Simply seeing them from a distance I have become terrified."Wailing loudly, the prince ordered Arjun to return to the city. "It is not wise to confront this army. My father has gone out with the army and I am alone. I have not practiced the skills of warfare. I am only a boy. I cannot overcome those who are expert in arms. O Brihannala, head back to the capital."Arjun turned and faced the prince, "O prince, you are only increasing the delight of the enemy. They are laughing at you already. You have become pale even before the start of the fight. Remember that you are a kshatriya. It is your duty to fight. Remember that before the women you boasted about your prowess and said that you are better than Arjun. You said that you will punish the haughty Kurus and bring back the cows. Now how can you return back even without a fight? You will be derided by everyone. As for myself, eulogized by Sairandhri and commanded by you, I have come here to defeat the Kurus. I will not return without achieving that goal. Stop wailing and let us proceed into battle."Bhuminjaya stood shaking in the chariot. "Let the Kurus take our wealth as they please. Let men and women laugh at me. Let the cows go anywhere. Let the city be desolate. Let me fear my father. I cannot enter the battle." The prince jumped down from his chariot and began to run back toward the city. Arjun called out to him, "A brave kshatriya never flees the battlefield. Better to die in battle than to run in fear."Bhuminjaya did not listen. With his long sword swinging from side to side as he ran, he did not even look back. Arjun sprang from the chariot and ran after him. Having seen the chariot's approach, the Kurus had moved toward them. They saw the prince running in fear and an unusual figure pursuing him, his long braid and white silks streaming in the breeze. The Kuru soldiers laughed and said to one another, "Who is this person, who appears to be a eunuch? He is fire concealed by ashes. Although assuming the form of a neuter, he has the body of an elephant. Indeed he resembles Arjun, with the same head, the same neck, and the same mace-like arms. His movements also resemble those of the Pandava."(Note: Here Bhuminjaya or Uttar is called a kshatriya by Arjun. This is slightly debatable. His father was a kshatriya but mother a soota.)The Kurus gazed at Brihannala as he raced after the prince. Clearly he was no eunuch. Surely it was Arjun in disguise. Who else would have dared to face the Kuru army alone? Obviously the Matsya prince had ventured to fight simply out of childishness. It seemed that Arjun was trying to stop him from fleeing. The Kuru warriors watched the scene, not quite certain if they were seeing Arjun or not.Catching Bhuminjaya, Arjun seized him. The prince cried out, "Let me go! O Brihannala, turn back the chariot. Only one who lives can secure prosperity and happiness. When we get back I will give you one hundred coins of pure gold, eight brilliant vaidurya gems, an excellent car drawn by the best of horses, and ten infuriated elephants if you release me."Arjun said nothing. He dragged the prince back to the chariot. He then said, "O repressor of foes, if you do not like to fight, let us swap places. You govern the horses and I will fight the enemy. Protected by my arms you may fearlessly enter into the midst of the dreadful Kuru host. Why are you distraught, O hero? You are the foremost of kshatriyas and a great prince. Together we will overpower the Kurus and release the cows. Take the reins and we will proceed into battle."

Source : FB
--Royal-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Its seems like only me jisko AT name pasand nhi h Guys Yeh name to Agyaatwaas k baaad aacha lagta 😳 abhi to madhav n parth ka scene bhi nhi aayega 🤢 koi mere baat nhi sunta h 😭
Medha.S thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
We are running out of names ... the good ones, really big and heavy names will be saved for the War.
So right now we will recycle and all ... There will also be a Brihannala dedicated AT, debi says.

Then i am thinking of recycling and editing the old ones, two combinations, or simply meaning names till we reach the war and then we will use Arjuna's other unused names from Bhagwat Gita ..

@Suki congo ... next AT for brih baby ðŸ˜†
ElMystique thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: -abhi-pundir-

Its seems like only me jisko AT name pasand nhi h Guys Yeh name to Agyaatwaas k baaad aacha lagta 😳 abhi to madhav n parth ka scene bhi nhi aayega 🤢 koi mere baat nhi sunta h 😭

ABHi dear 
VIRAT SANGRAMJITH BRIHANNALA  AT #33
DEbi confirmed the news just now donot worry
debaleena_tunai thumbnail
Originally posted by: Medha.S

<h1><font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3"><font color="#0000ff">II SHAHEER SHEIKH II ~</font><font color="#ff0000">Madhav's Parth</font><font color="#0000ff">~ ARJUNA AT#32</font></font></h1>

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#0000ff">
</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#0000ff">
</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#0000ff">Aaaw ... Thank you Debi</font>

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3">This AT dedicated to my Favorite couple</font>

<h1>
</h1>

n mine too medha..   ðŸ˜³ so no thanks... 😉 😆 😆
debaleena_tunai thumbnail
Originally posted by: Sukanya_Datta

Same here Medha. 😆😆😆
We really are incorrigible.😈

Debi, thanks for changing the AT name. 😊

tum dono meri do not post AT ka mazak uda rahe ho!   ðŸ˜­ 😭 😭
Medha.S thumbnail
Originally posted by: debaleena_tunai

No debi, you know we love us some good ol' Do Not Post ATs ... It is always funny to see how people keep wondering, ðŸ˜² "It says do not post, these people are posting, are they mad, cant they read english?"
Sukanya_Datta thumbnail
Originally posted by: -abhi-pundir-

Mujhe AT ka naam bohut pasand aya as it is on my fav couple. 😳
But I agree that anything related to Brihannala would have been more appropriate. 😊
Medha.S thumbnail
Aaaw Debi, I knew you were a Madhava-Partha duo admirer too, we don't have too many of those around.😳
Sukanya_Datta thumbnail
Originally posted by: debaleena_tunai

Debi ji, hum aisa ghor paap kabhi bhi nhi kar sakte. 😈
Mazaak udaana to dur ki baat, hum logo ko to dusre sab AT names se zyada Do Not Post se hi pyaar hai. 😳😆😆