MisscoolEyes thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
I know these cadets have been trained for the past eleven months etc etc.
Combat is one thing. But all of them so easily shot and slit people. Sandhya didn't even blink while shooting Manorama. Zakhir was such a pro when he came from behind and slit the throat of a Naxalite.

My question here is not about their combat skills. My question is about their mind-set. Any number of training in the academy couldn't have thought them to kill people with this ease. I mean, taking someone's life is something! I mean even for Zakhir, I think he is the only one from army family,, even for him, he might have heard about the clashes from a close quarters before. But this was his first kill.( I am not even sure if all of them were dead or injured).

I don't know if I should be happy at seeing this Sandhya who is a ruthless, emotionless Sandhya or should I feel bad. But come to think of it, Sandhya has always been a bit of a distant, impersonal person. It took her soo long to open upto Sooraj too. Maybe, she wired to handle this kinda job.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fatima_Q thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I totally agree.

While I rooted for Zakir...as he dove into super hero mode and like a true commando, shot people, slit their throats, then used the tree to swing over and cut Agrima's rope...I was shocked into reality when Sandhya killed someone.  

Honestly I never expected that to happen.  ðŸ˜²  And from the look on her face...she looked like she couldn't believe it either.

And then I remembered Roma's taunt...that have they ever taken a life?  That's not an easy thing to do.  

I remember a scene from one of the Die Hard movies where an officer has himself moved to a desk job, because he killed someone...a youngster.  He couldn't bring himself to shoot again.  So yeah...it's pretty amazing that these cadets are doing it with such ease.

As police officers shooting, maiming and potentially killing someone is a very real possibility...but I don't know...the ease at which they were doing it today bothered me too. ðŸ˜•  

As for rescuing Agrima Singh...I was wondering why they couldn't just aim and shoot at her rope, that would have cut her loose.
Edited by ummesulaiman - 10 years ago
HalleNJ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I so agree with you naina & fatimaji...I thought the same...I was shocked too...

but I guess this is another side of Sandy...only with Suraj (and bhabo) she was scared during initial days ðŸ˜† Edited by niruba - 10 years ago
Fatima_Q thumbnail

Originally posted by: niruba

I so agree with you naina & fatimaji...I thought the same...I was shocked too...

but I guess this is another side of Sandy...only with Suraj (and bhabo) she was scared during initial days ðŸ˜†

With Sandhya it was also a do or die situation.  If she hadn't killed that woman, she would have been killed.  Still shocked me though.
Edited by ummesulaiman - 10 years ago
..Anusha.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Naina, Sandy is quite impersonal as you say.  She has this coldness about her sometimes and that makes her ideal for this job.  It's only her family, yes the Rathis and Suraj who have given her some other dimensions to her personality.  She otherwise has a one track mind and no empathy.  So I wasn't surprised by what she did.

On the other hand, I agree with you again that such raw trainees were suddenly performing at top commando level - not realistic, but at least it got the job done, was shot well (although slitting throats was unnecessary).  Sometimes the extremes shown in one episode is crazy. The plot line was terrible, the action was too graphic. Just my opinion.

Fatima_Q thumbnail
Plus you had Sandhya and Zakir doing all the planning  and rescuing.  I mean one would think Agrima's 2nd in command would take over if anything had happened to her...but no...we've got gung ho cadets instead. ðŸ˜•
MisscoolEyes thumbnail

Originally posted by: ummesulaiman

I totally agree.

While I rooted for Zakir...as he dove into super hero mode and like a true commando, shot people, slit their throats, then used the tree to swing over and cut Agrima's rope...I was shocked into reality when Sandhya killed someone.

Honestly I never expected that to happen.  ðŸ˜²  And from the look on her face...she looked like she couldn't believe it either. Neither did I. I was expecting Sandy to shoot that females leg or something and go for her gun.

And then I remembered Roma's taunt...that have they ever taken a life?  That's not an easy thing to do.  Yes, Roma had got something right. It is not that easy to take a life

I remember a scene from one of the Die Hard movies where an officer has himself moved to a desk job, because he killed someone...a youngster.  He couldn't bring himself to shoot again.  So yeah...it's pretty amazing that these cadets are doing it with such ease.

Yes, and at times, the officers need to consult a psychologist and get certified that they are indeed fit to be back in the field. 

As police officers shooting, maiming and potentially killing someone is a very real possibility...but I don't know...the ease at which they were doing it today bothered me too. ðŸ˜•  

yup same here. the fact that these are virgin trainees made me think about this.
I wonder, how many cops actually have a kill in their resume.  I know its a possibility and maybe with time, they get used to it.. 

As for rescuing Agrima Singh...I was wondering why they couldn't just aim and shoot at her rope, that would have cut her loose.
And miss throwing in all this drama?😆

MisscoolEyes thumbnail

Originally posted by: ummesulaiman

With Sandhya it was also a do or die situation.  If she hadn't killed that woman, she would have been killed.  Still shocked me though.

Niru, had Sandhya been a stone who is not affected by Bhabo or Sooraj, I could have digested this better. Its not just Sandhya, all the cadets..

Fathima aunty, I think that must be a huge reason. Had it been an unarmed criminal, pleading for his/her life, maybe, it would have been a different scenario. I think, the severe attack from the other side prompted these people to take such bold actions. 

I have read papers on interviews conducted on some pro-Nazi soldiers and how they killed soo many people. Human behavior and psychology is something that very fascinating and I saw a potential to discuss it here after seeing todays episode.😊
thala thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
i wonder what was rastogi doing
he is a senior officer
and should have planned for the attack
it would havve been realistic if zak and sandy acted according to his  plan
but
cvs wanted to glorify sandy and zak
and they both behaved as though
they have experience in handling such situtations
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I want to see these cadets after the attack. See the action happening there is in split of second. They were in danger and if they dont attack they will be killed. I guess the adrenaline rush and emrgency response system made them do what they did.
But this encounter I guess will be answerable especially to Sirjee. I somehow feel this is a track for future when this might come out as human right violation.
Yes IPS officers would have shot at leg, but they were cadets and that is why this ruthless reaction happened. They are yet to be moulded.

Sandhya's face was worth seeing, she couldnt believe she killed someone. Yes after this fire and smoke settle down both Sandhya and Zakir are gonna sit down and remember what happened. I am more interested in that. Yes in combat mode you can be impersonal, but how are going to handle the trauma of shooting someone or taking life.
Would love to see how are CVs handling it.