Chat Clubs

IF Fantasy League - Rules and Sign Up Guidelines (Page 8)

Post Reply New Post

Page 8 of 17

munnihyderabad

Cool Viewbie

munnihyderabad

Posted: 15 April 2014 at 3:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by piggie

owk my tem is formed aswell as i have the pm aswell i also posted a doubt der but seems like u will take time going through it.. so i will ask the same doubt here.
well see now i make to a team of playing 11 n 6 substitutes..
i havent included some team players in my playing 11 but they are a part of substitutes, now if in a situation there is a match between 2 teams both of whose players arent  part of playing 11 will the substitutes be considered for the scoring purpose.?

If you have posted your query in the PM to ContestEntries it will go unnoticed, as that is used only for sending teams., please post all your doubts and queries only in this thread, so that we don't miss any of your questions. 

A team can have only 11 players for one complete week during the prelims ,and only 6 of the 11 players of the current team can be replaced/substituted with other players, example if you want to remove a batsman from your current team, that slot can be substituted only by a new batsman, a batsman cannot be substituted by a bowler.

These new team list after substitutions, if any, can be sent only after the second Match on Sunday night and before first match on Monday evening. If you fail to PM your new team list during the said time slot, you will continue with the current team over the following week as well.

If there is a match on a day, and if neither teams have any of  the members from your selected team  that day none of your players will be scored ,and they will be scored only on the day they play their match.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

piggie

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "IF Fantasy League - Rules and Sign Up Guidelines (Page 8)" in Chat Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

piggie

IF-Rockerz

piggie

Posted: 15 April 2014 at 3:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by munnihyderabad

owk my tem is formed aswell as i have the pm aswell i also posted a doubt der but seems like u will take time going through it.. so i will ask the same doubt here.
i havent included some team players in my playing 11 but they are a part of substitutes, now if in a situation there is a match between 2 teams both of whose players arent  part of playing 11 will the substitutes be considered for the scoring purpose.?

If you have posted your query in the PM to ContestEntries it will go unnoticed, as that is used only for sending teams., please post all your doubts and queries only in this thread, so that we don't miss any of your questions. 

A team can have only 11 players for one complete week during the prelims ,and only 6 of the 11 players of the current team can be replaced/substituted with other players, example if you want to remove a batsman from your current team, that slot can be substituted only by a new batsman, a batsman cannot be substituted by a bowler.

These new team list after substitutions, if any, can be sent only after the second Match on Sunday night and before first match on Monday evening. If you fail to PM your new team list during the said time slot, you will continue with the current team over the following week as well.

If there is a match on a day, and if neither teams have any of  the members from your selected team  that day none of your players will be scored ,and they will be scored only on the day they play their match.
owk so this is the case!
well then ty.. a another thing.. after the completion of the week m i allowed to add in new players.?
or u just hav to substitute them from ur existing subs??
n abt the pm.. well i have sent u a pm n a note attached below.. so do u want me to send u another pm with no note or will d previous 1 suffice?

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 15 April 2014 at 3:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by realitybites

Originally posted by return_to_hades

Why doesn't IF just create a league on the IPL fantasy site and post the league code so IF members can join? Simpler eh?

RTH, what you suggest has complications. It is not so simple. IPL fantasy league is a copyright and it needs permissions or association with the web site or the product to use their platform. IF is a huge site related to TV whereas that is sports. Moreover the members here are bonded together through -be it TV soaps, BW or debates etc and share many things. The members share information and know about personal likes/dislikes and have built a personal comfort zone. On the sports site it is strangers and hence the preference would be to be with known people   IF also extends a certain amount of privacy for members which is less present through FB/Twitter login on the IPL Fantasy site. This will help members have fun and enjoy IPL when they visit IF.

Its all in good fun, join in.Embarrassed

Actually that is not true. I don't think you need permissions to play on IPL fantasy league website. There are many celebrities on twitter and workplaces that have created leagues.

The IPL fantasy league website lets you create a league with a code. You give that code to friends or publish it on your site - so that they can join. Me and a few other friends have leagues for our friend circles. IF can easily create a league for members. They post here with their team name. So admin approves only IF members posting here.

But I guess there are good reasons to keep it on the forum. And you all are taking on a great task to keep the score.  I'm sure it will be fun, and I'm curious about prizes. I would love to join, but I am scatterbrained and cannot remember to submit my team in two places at the right times. LOL

munnihyderabad

Cool Viewbie

munnihyderabad

Posted: 15 April 2014 at 4:04pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by munnihyderabad

owk so this is the case!
well then ty.. a another thing.. after the completion of the week m i allowed to add in new players.?
or u just hav to substitute them from ur existing subs??
n abt the pm.. well i have sent u a pm n a note attached below.. so do u want me to send u another pm with no note or will d previous 1 suffice?

You are welcome, and that PM would suffice, you don't have to send another one..

After the completion of one week, you can add only a MAXIMUM of 6 new players and remove 6 player from your current team, so that you will have new team with subs that should again be PM'ed to Contest Entries 

The substations are NOT compulsory, if you feel that your current team is very strong with batting/bowling and fielding, you don't have to change your team and can always continue to play with the current one .

You need not change all 6 players every week, if you feel ONLY one bowler is weak in your team during  this week, you can simply replace/substitute him with a new bowler from the pool and send the list 

If you think your wicket keeper was not good, you can always opt for a new one during the substitution window given in the rules.

The weekly substitutions are only for prelims. from qualifiers and beyond you can change your team daily.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

piggie

AASUS

IF-Sizzlerz

AASUS

Posted: 15 April 2014 at 5:22pm | IP Logged
Fun post. Sounds interesting. All the best for participants, 

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 15 April 2014 at 5:40pm | IP Logged
My team would be the Wicket DuckBats

I'm still not clear about this.  You say at least 3 batsmen, at least 4 bowlers, exactly 1 keeper...  So if someone wants to select Dhoni and Samson, they can't, right?  Also, am I allowed to select 3 batsmen, 1 keeper, 3 bowlers and 4 all-rounders, as long as the keeper is a wicketkeeper batsman, like B McCullum??  Or do the batsmen I select have to be pure batsmen who can't be either keepers nor all-rounders?

I don't see how your 'at least' phrase applies, since you have exactly 11 players, and must have 4 batsmen, 3 bowlers and 1 keeper.  Or are we allowed to select 4 batsmen, 1 keeper, 6 bowlers and 0 all-rounders?

Edited by .Vrish. - 15 April 2014 at 7:47pm

kushalkidewaani

IF-Dazzler

kushalkidewaani

Posted: 15 April 2014 at 5:48pm | IP Logged
Hi, I can't form a team of my own mere bas ki bilkul baat nahi haj but I would like it if any of you would recruit me in your teams please I really want to participate :)

sheroo9000

IF-Sizzlerz

sheroo9000

Posted: 15 April 2014 at 6:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -RD-

Originally posted by sheroo9000

Originally posted by sscomp32

Originally posted by sheroo9000

Can the all- rounders or wicket keepers be called as Batsmans???
Wicket keepers yes. And all rounders too because we dont have a restriction of All rounders, it can be any number from 0 to 3 . Am i right RD?

Then if we have 2 batsman and 2 wicket-keepers and 3 all-rounders along with 5 bowlers...Is this kind of time fine...?

SQUAD COMPOSITION

Batsmen:-At least 4

All-Rounders:-can be flexible depending on your wish

Wicket Keeper:-Exactly 1 (you can pick variable role wicket keepers as batsmen)

Bowlers:-At least 3

You can pick a maximum of 4 overseas (non Indian ) players in your squad.

One of the eleven can be made the CAPTAIN

U got to make selection based on the above and the corresponding player role profile in the squads given

Then that means I sent a wrong team to ContestEntriesD'oh
Now I'll have to send another pm?Ouch

Post Reply New Post

Go to top