Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago
waiting for this movie release 
sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: BlackStar.

😆
Film was postponed from June 27 to July 11 to avoid clash with Ek Villian.
KJO released the trailer for 2 States 40 days before its relesse and he's doing the same with Humpty.
Thing is he needs to promote Humpty which I don't really see him doing...
The films business better not he affected due to low promotions. It's bad enough already that the film is releasing in July which is Ramadan. Also it should not be postponed further.

2 States was promoted fully. but since it already had the backing of being based on a best selling novel, half the job was done by that. HSKD needs promotion. I kind of feel a little relieved that both Varun and Alia have had recent commercial hits and they aren't forgotten by the audience..that can work in their favor. but promotion tou banta hai! I want this movie to work for my babies!!

Still, KJo never ignores his movies like YRF does sometimes. he promotes them well..of course, nothing can compare to the epic SOTY promotions but HTP and 2S were promoted well..Ramadan can and will affect the collections..hopefully the WOM will be good enough to keep it afloat..
BlackStar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Article from the sets of HSKD in Chandigarh. Sidharth Shukla's playing an NRI named Angad 😊

The shooting of Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania gets underway in Chandigarh.

There is an unusual commotion at Aura Vaseela. For the rural heritage resort is swathed in stripes of yellow and orange. The army of men with microphones ensure not even a passing bird is out of the frame. Every actor gets their spirits together to perfect a song sequence where everyone runs amok, is supposed to have fun and dance with abandon. So there is a blueprint to the chaos. After rubbing enough shoulders with the crew, we spot Alia Bhatt, accompanied by Varun Dhawan. It doesn't take long to also recognise Balika Vadhu's Siddharth Shukla. Dharma Productions, along with its crew comprising over a 100 people and Timmy Productions is getting its act together for Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania. Humpty Sharma Ki... Why do they come up with titles slightly taxing on the vocal chords? Catchy as they certainly might be.
"Like you said. They are catchy...But for this film, the character Humpty Sharma is completely in sync with the script and the role," shares Shashank Khaitan, the man at the helm of all affairs and who debuts as a director with the film.
Even before we move onto the film, the character Humpty Sharma merits a moment of discussion. Over to Humpty. "He is literally a character. He says most inappropriate things at the most inappropriate times," shares Varun. The decision to go ahead with the project goes beyond getting to play the title role. "This story had a lot of heart and soul to it. It's a North India's story and being a Punjabi, I always wanted to play a character based in the North. The shoot is being done in Ambala, Chandigarh and Delhi."
Colourful clothes, loud music, gregarious men; Punjab doesn't get any different than this. "This place offers a lot to a script in several ways. We are trying to keep it as real as possible...Siddharth plays Angad, the NRI. In fact, we are trying to project that Punjab is not just about alcohol. By default the film is based here," the director draws a line at that, lest he discusses too much too soon. He adds, "It's a classical love story. I wouldn't call it a rom-com. It's a romantic film with elements of humour," while admitting to having written the screenplay two years back. "Alia and Varun came as a unanimous choice for the makers."
The lunch break is almost over and it's a quick brief from the director before they resume the drill. The drill of alternating between shooting and cut, till they get the perfect shot. Over to the lady of the moment Alia Bhatt. Life after Highway must be different. "The film changed me as an actor but my life hasn't changed." Two States is already lined up with buzz that's hard to miss. "I would credit a lot of publicity to the brand name of the book. It's a very exciting story which has been kept as real to the book as possible." While there "is no dream role but the aim is to be as versatile as possible."
Like getting to play a girl from Ambala in this film. "I play Kavya Pratap Singh, a very spunky, fiery girl, who is as real as possible." It's been over two weeks of shooting in the city and getting to experience it first hand. Chips in Varun, "We've been to Elante Mall...We did manage going and seeing a film. The people here are pretty chilled out and not quite pushy." He laughs, "In fact with Siddharth along, there's been a problem as women recognise him and adore him."
The big star of the small screen gets to play, what he calls a cameo. "This has been really easy for me. It's something I've been able to do with my television schedule intact. Moreover the Dharma production banner is one of the reasons I am in the film."
The song dangad dangad starts playing in the background again, the microphones, the crew, the sets, everything else is slowly getting back to its place. Once again to ensure, not even a passing bird is out of frame.

sourmisery thumbnail
full fledged song with background dancers  
BlackStar. thumbnail
I have a feeling Sidharth's playing the role of the guy who Alia is supposed to marry now that he's said to be an NRI. Varun's probably from a poorer background who she falls in love with 😆

I really hope the film is truly a classic love story! Waiting to see one since ages 😳
sourmisery thumbnail
I hope so! Specially since nowadays we get more com than rom in the rom-com category. It would be a really nice change to see an out and out romance with humor scattered throughout aesthetically.

Humpty is a literal "character" 😆 I love it when such characters fall in love..it's always adorable! 😳
BlackStar. thumbnail
Originally posted by: spicySugar..

I hope so! Specially since nowadays we get more com than rom in the rom-com category. It would be a really nice change to see an out and out romance with humor scattered throughout aesthetically.

Humpty is a literal "character" 😆 I love it when such characters fall in love..it's always adorable! 😳

I don't understand the whole Humpty is a character bit...
What's the difference between humpty the character and humpty falling in love?
sourmisery thumbnail
Originally posted by: BlackStar.

I don't understand the whole Humpty is a character bit...
What's the difference between humpty the character and humpty falling in love?

I meant that Humpty isn't a typical guy (judging from the article) If he says inappropriate things at inappropriate times tou matlab uske 2-3 screw pakka dheele honge 😆 And in movies when characters like Humpty fall in love, it's always a guaranteed treat for a sucker of romances like me 😳
BeingChevi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: spicySugar..

full fledged song with background dancers  

Varun's gonna kill it. And finally Alia ki wish poori hogi.. she kept complaining during 2 States promotions that she didn't get to dance as much as Arjun in the film. She only danced for the latter half of the song Iski Uski 😆 And she didn't dance in Highway... so I'm sure she's really happy 😆 Plus, she's dancing along Varun... hopefully it's gonna be electrifying 😳⭐️
sourmisery thumbnail
Originally posted by: BeingChevi

Varun's gonna kill it. And finally Alia ki wish poori hogi.. she kept complaining during 2 States promotions that she didn't get to dance as much as Arjun in the film. She only danced for the latter half of the song Iski Uski 😆 And she didn't dance in Highway... so I'm sure she's really happy 😆 Plus, she's dancing along Varun... hopefully it's gonna be electrifying 😳⭐️

Alia lurves dancing! She really didn't get to dance in 2 States...that bit in the Locha-e-Ulfat making when she was off the camera and was doing the steps while waiting for her entry in the shot...aiiee! too adorable! Varun tou is a energy ball and he dances so well! Radha wali chemistry will be ignited again!