Movies of the 90's PART 2: RAJA HINDUSTANI

Posted: 10 years ago
😉😆 So every week we will profile a 90's movie.  I am picking RAJA HINDUSTANI this time.  It won Karishma Kapoor the best actress award and Aamir refused Filmfare because he didn't think the movie was that great.  He was so right.  🤣   Is this movie overrated?  It is ironic that this movie became the breakthrough for Karishma and was the biggest hit of 1996.  SRK and SALMAN didn't have substantial hits that year.  Please share your thoughts.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Originally posted by: fashiondiva

🥱 the worst film of aamirs career 

What about Mela?  😆
AskJeeto thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I liked this film a lot as a kid, and now I wonder why. Maybe because of the songs. Karisma's acting was actually terrible in this movie.
BanBB thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Expressionist (October 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 8
I actually liked the first half of the film
 Second half was very melodramatic
Ooolalala thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
An overrated movie. The movie had a terrible story. But karishma Aamir acted really well and songs were good 
BeingChevi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I liked the first half of the film but more than that... I LOVED the music!

Aaye ho meri zindagi main tum bahaar banke... mere dil main yoon hi rehna... haye.. mere dil main yoon hi rehna tum pyaar pyaar banke... aaye ho meri zindagi main tum bahaar banke ❤️

Sabse pyaara mera yaara Raja Hindustaani.. o kitna pyaar tujhe rab ne banaya jee kare dekhta rahoon ❤️

Pardesi pardesi jaana nahin... mujhe chod ke mujhe chod ke.. pardesi mere yaara vaada nibhaana.. mujhe chod ke ab naa kahiin bhool na jaana ❤️

Brilliance! 😊
AllBlacks1 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Way too loud and melodramatic.. pathetic. 
Jab jab phool khile.. now that was gr8. this one was pathetic remake. 

Originally posted by: AllBlacks1

Way too loud and melodramatic.. pathetic. 

Jab jab phool khile.. now that was gr8. this one was pathetic remake. 

Kareena used to praise Dharmesh Dharshan and look what happened with Bewafa!  🤣
atominis thumbnail
A rehash of Jab Jab Phool Khiley and Pyar Jhukta Nahin!

I liked the first half. Biggest plus point was its music that became really popular. Aamir and Lolo looked cute in it the latter looked her best ever.

It's a huge success but certainly not the best work of its actors.

I wish Aamir's character wasn't so much of an MCP post marriage in this film. The fact that he did not divorce Karishma nor looked for another girl was the only redeeming point of his character.

I just hated Archana Puran Singh and Johny Lever in this film! They were unbearable!
MalahFirangi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I loved that movie because Karishma Born with this film otherwise she act before with Govinda/Salman and other C grade actors like Sunil Shehty